Bon Secours Baltimore Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Samuel L. Ross

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "accounting"

I have been working at Bon Secours Baltimore Health System part-time

Pros

best place to grow and development

Cons

not more benefit plus heavy workload

Advice to Management

focus on talented people

2. "work environment"

Pros

good relaxed place to work.

Cons

people need to mind their business

3. "Authorization Coordinator"

Former Employee - Prior Authorization Coordinator in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Prior Authorization Coordinator in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Bon Secours Baltimore Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Sisters of Bon Secours truly exemplify the values of the health system

Cons

Little to no room for growth or advancement for non-clinical staff

Advice to Management

Be accountable for your own faults; DO NOT lie on subordinate staff to make yourself appear faultless; follow your own rules and do not require things of your employees that you do not perform yourselves

4. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Bon Secours Baltimore Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Prayer before each meeting. It says a lot for the culture.

Cons

We cant help everyone although we serve a very deserving community

Advice to Management

Clean up the trash on West Baltimore street everyday.

5. "Nurse"

Pros

The mission of the organization is great. Helping the less fortunate is very rewarding.

Cons

Hire a manager who is going to stay and is a team player. Someone who is not bias because they have been a part of the organization for so long.

Advice to Management

Stop threatening your employees when we are working short staff and serving a difficult population. At one time you had to have at least a BSN to be in a certain position. You need to be consistent at all times and not just when it suites you.

6. "Registrar"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Bon Secours Baltimore Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a Good benefits package

Cons

Coping with the population of clients that we serve is difficult at times

7. "Don't Work here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Bon Secours Baltimore Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In the beginning I thought I was working ina supportive environment however I was wrong

Cons

The Supervisor has absolute control of what occurs regarding your employment. There is no one to turn to. No one to hep you navigate through your career

Advice to Management

Don't be biased
    Listen often
    Work on other options for employees who show dedication and passion for their career, other than just terminating them

8. "Phlebotomist"

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Bon Secours Baltimore Health System full-time

Pros

Great hands on experience, nice benefits exceptional support staff.

Cons

No room for advancement or growth, lack of support staff, no leadership in department. Poor pay.

Advice to Management

Allow experience leaders to advance in new positions of interest.

9. "Pros but more Cons"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Wonderful staff - truly treat each other with respect and as family. Salary is comparable but not competitive. The clinical staff is knowledgeable and truly care for the patients. They are succeeding in getting back to the mission of the Sisters in healing the community.

The health system offers well-built and maintained low income housing, many training programs, family support, etc. Their Community Works are is top-notch.

Cons

The executive leaders lack leadership ability for all the training they are given. HSO can't seem to understand that a person has to want to lead, but here they seem to be in it for the perks - and they do get a lot of them. Luckily, there are a few that are good at what they do - but just a few.

Communication is nil. Again, the leadership training is only effective if falling on open ears and minds. There is a meeting once a week about communication and yet it seems nothing leaves that meeting room. Most of management doesn't understand protocols or even the need for them - they seem to do whatever they always did and don't work as a team.

The salary is okay. But you earn your time off. Sounds fair, right. Until you factor in that you are not given paid holidays, you earn them and all of them come out of that leave. Not good for those low on the totem pole.

This hospital is in an old building with numerous problems. I'm sure the government would shut them down if a surprise inspection were made. Safety is an issue in many circumstances. From what I have been told most inspections are scheduled and they hide the numerous infractions temporarily. It appears to staff that management doesn't seem to care. I do expect that one day the crumbling garage (with no elevator) is going to collapse and am betting their insurance won't cover all the cars that will be destroyed.

There is no effort that I can see to raise money for improvements. There re only two means of raising funds here that I'm aware of. A golf tournament that I believe goes entirely to the Community programs which is fine. But every year I'm asked to give part of my salary back to support the organization paying me. What!

Advice to Management

Clean house! Weed out those lacking the desire or capability to lead effectively. Their salaries can be better spent on management wanting to make a name for this institution considering the competition in this area for clients and dollars. Sadly, the recent events that put Baltimore in the news would have been an excellent opportunity to show off all the hospital does for the community but little if nothing of our efforts was touted. It's shameful!

10. "ase manager"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Bon Secours Baltimore Health System part-time (More than a year)

Pros

wages equal to or better than other hhc agencies

Cons

very time consuming difficult documentation process due to McKesson program

Advice to Management

change documentation program or increase wages