BonWorth Reviews | Glassdoor

BonWorth Reviews

Updated May 14, 2019

Found 32 reviews

4.0
BonWorth CEO Loren W. Wells (no image)
Loren W. Wells
  1. "Diverse team with good working dynamic"

Current Employee - Product Specialist

I have been working at BonWorth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working in the corporate headquarters has allowed me to work with such a great team. The diversity of women working in the company just lets us have more fruitful discussions on what it’s like to be a woman in the modern times and how important it is for every woman to be represented in how Bonworth clothing aims to make all women feel beautiful. The team has really taught me so much about how fashion isn’t just... about the clothes but how they can make a woman feel confident about herself.

Cons

Misunderstandings within a diverse group of people are cons, but since some of the more senior staff are more used to handling such situations, most misunderstandings are easily resolved.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to have better communication lines with the employees. It can be a little slow at times.

BonWorth2018-06-28
  2. "Needs Improvement"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Keyholder in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at BonWorth part-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing management team, easygoing work environment

Cons

Poor upper management, low pay

BonWorth2019-05-14
  3. "Good people, bad management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hendersonville, NC

I worked at BonWorth full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people who work at HQ are all very friendly and welcoming, good atmosphere overall aside from the CFO and some other top-level employees

Cons

-Everyone is overworked, lots of outdated practices and equipment -Current employees are overworked and doing a lot of things that aren't even in their job description so they are taking advantage of salaried employees and working them to death but they are good people are hard workers so they deal with it to try and save the company -No time to train new employees, not very good communication -You never know... when your going to be the next one fired

Advice to Management

Not sure if retail is just dying and that is why the company can't stay afloat but there are some good employees here the business is just dying for some reason, my guess is the extremely outdated clothing

BonWorth2019-04-30

"Clueless CEO"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BonWorth part-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers in store are amazing.

Cons

Corporate is clueless. Their Priorities are not straight. Guru has no idea how to run a retail business. Customer opinions don’t count. Store staff opinions are ignored.

Advice to Management

Listen to the store staff/front lines. They know what sells. They know how to gain business. They know what customers actually want. Give raises to long term employees. Update the computer/register systems. Use inventory analytics- know what sells where. Stop prioritizing pointless procedures/rules & silly ideas for advertising & marketing. Advertise in the MAIL. Customers barely know Bon Worth exists. ... It’s all word of mouth advertising. Shipments are rarely sent when expected & we never know what’s in them. Stores SHOULD have a set day for receiving shipment. The ideas for in store events aren’t suitable for all stores & rarely work for most. Again, ADVERTISE IN THE MAIL. Stop with stupid gimmicks. LISTEN TO STAFF/CUSTOMERS

BonWorth2018-08-11
  5. "Hugs from a customer"

Current Employee - Sales As

I have been working at BonWorth full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I’ve been working for Bonworth for more than ten years and what has made me stay this long in the company is the customers. Just a few days ago, I was helping one of our loyal customers at the store. She was a little flustered looking for a particular blouse her granddaughter showed her from the Bonworth store online. She said she wanted to try it on before buying it. After a while of searching, I found the exact... blouse she was looking for. She was ecstatic and gave me a hug. That gesture reminded me of why I’ve stayed in the company for so long. It’s really the kind of customers the brand attracts that has made the work even more fulfilling.

Cons

Some of my co-workers aren’t that great.

Advice to Management

Give more incentives would be nice.

BonWorth2018-06-19
  6. "Chance to help women feel Bonworth Beautiful"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Henderson, NC

I have been working at BonWorth full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I’ve been working for Bonworth for almost ten years now and I still love the feeling when I get to help women in the store find the perfect outfit that’s both a mix of comfort and style. I guess it’s because I’ve been with the company for so long that I have grown a bit attached to the loyal customers at the store. I enjoy my job so much that I’ve really made it a point to make sure that every customer who walks out... of the store feels more beautiful and more confident from when they came in. The culture of satisfying a customer starts right at the top with the COO- Gurusankar Gurumoorthy known to go to extra ordinary lengths to satisfy a customer. It’s really fulfilling for me.

Cons

Well, I can’t really think of any cons from my end.

Advice to Management

I’m not sure how to say this but I feel like some of the new employees in the other stores don’t fully understand what we try to do for our customers. Like, it’s not just clothes we’re trying to sell. If there’s any way management can fix that, it would be awesome.

BonWorth2018-06-19
  7. "Employee discount is great"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at BonWorth part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I’m a sales associate working part-time in a Bonworth retail store and I’ve been working with the company for more than six years. The job is simple once you get used to it. Sure, there are changes every now and then especially since they changed management up top (The COO- Gurusankar Gurumoorthy is extremely dynamic and believes in keeping current fashion trends in mind) but the general idea is still the same.... Other than the relatively light work load at the store, I think the employee discount is really a great bonus to the job! I just love the stuff I get at the store at discount prices.

Cons

The pay isn’t the best but the employee discount helps! It could be higher.

Advice to Management

My advice would be for management to give special sales or promotions just for employees to go with the employee discount. Like other employee benefits.

BonWorth2018-06-15
  8. "Great opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Henderson, NC

I have been working at BonWorth full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working at Bonworth for more than three years and not a day goes by without fulfillment and growth from my job. I have gone through multiple roles in the company. Not only was I able to get support from team members who had been working at Bonworth for much longer than I have but also give back and help new members of the team. I have learned a lot so far, and I’m sure to learn even more in my stay here.

Cons

Right now, the company is still in its transition phase, so I don’t expect everything to run as smoothly as it normally does. It’s not that easy to think of cons for Bonworth!

Advice to Management

My advice would be to keep it up! They have done a good job so far but must continue to do so especially in this economic climate.

BonWorth2018-06-13
  9. "Growth is a Huge Plus!"

I worked at BonWorth full-time

Pros

The ability for growth within the company, and the fun work culture.

Cons

They are lack of mandatory overtime.

Advice to Management

Keep on NOT micromanaging - that is a great benefit to working for Bon Worth. Most of us have a decent workload, and we care deeply about producing. We can do that because you respect us enough to give us some freedom in how we do our jobs. Gurumoorthy Gurusankar has been great in every run in that I have had with him. I think he is going a great job in his duties, and being personal with employees!

BonWorth2018-06-06
  10. "Awesome first job"

I worked at BonWorth full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked full-time for Bonworth for one year. I was hired fast and straight out of college. I enjoyed working with everyone at the company. Since I was the youngest in the team, there were mixed expectations from everyone. Nonetheless, I found teammates who were patient enough to mentor me and teach me the ropes of the job. My supervisor always motivated me to take on challenges and learn new skills while working... for her at Bonworth. Despite not having much experience, everyone treated me like a valuable member of the team. It is so cool that you get to talk to the COO (Guru Gurumoorthy) and it is so exciting to know that he returns calls from anyone and listens to feedback all the time

Cons

I had some difficulty paying off my student loans with the pay of the job, which is the main reason why I had to change employment. But for the job itself, the pay was more than enough for what I had learned from the company.

Advice to Management

I could see myself working long-term at the company but needed to be more practical about my finances. My advice would be to offer more incentives or opportunities for promotion especially for young people paying off student loans.

BonWorth2018-06-06