Bonaventure Realty Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dwight D. Dunton III

1. "Great company with Core Values"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The owner is extremely supportive. Out of all the other property management companies I have worked for I have seen and spoken with him more times in one month than i have with other owners in 2 years! I have been personally encouraged to "run my cruise ship" and although that required staff change I appreciate that upper management is giving me room to improve the overall operations of the property and staff morale.

Cons

Not having a regional in place however this is supposed to change soon. My property receives a lot of attention and I have to admit it would be nice to directly go to one person first for an answer. It can get time consuming to get an answer sometimes but this is every property management company.

"What A Disaster!"

Current Employee - Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

OMG.. I can't even think of one yet. The paycheck isn't even worth the stress and backstabbing!

Cons

Where do you start??! Cleaning house from day 1.. Giving poor excuses for why people are going to be immediately terminated or laid off.. Random HR guy that is remote and fires people over the phone.. I don't know what I got into.

Doing upgrades on an amenity that didn't need anything as the residents enjoyed it the way it was- losing money like crazy on properties and can't seem to stay afloat. Sad.

Advice to Management

I don't even know.. There's so many bad things, I wouldn't know where to start. You have your work cut out for you to make this company decent.. And you have no idea how to keep employees.

"Horrible Company to work for!"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay was competitive and enjoyed working with staff

Cons

Horrible upper management and Attorney who fires everyone!

Advice to Management

Your never going to succeed and be competitive to other management companies only thinking of self! Great product but NEVER follow your CORE VALUES! I enjoyed working for you for over 5 years and your new team just let all of us GO! We supported you and you let us down! Never recommend Bonaventure to anyone!

"LIVE THE CAREER YOU DESERVE AND IT'S NOT HERE!"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Tidewater, VA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Tidewater, VA

I worked at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The turnover is high you will meet a lot of great people.

Cons

I worked for Bonaventure for over 5 years. I walked away with experience and many good friends. In my experience the company finds it’s employees replaceable, they are overhead. Therefore, payroll was always a difficult fight when wanting to pay someone what their skill set is worth. I watched many great people leave Bonaventure who moved on to win awards for reputable property management companies in the area. I was happy to watch their success. I dedicated 65+ hours a week doing my job and I did it well. I was promised many things without follow through on the companies part. Meeting your goals will be a disappointment in the end. Bonaventure will squeeze the life out of you and does not appreciate the sacrifices you will make. They could care less about your family life or your efforts to make your property great. This is not a company to further your career with hard work and dedication. If you looking for a company that terminates great people, restructures ever 2 years (because they terminate their CEO or COO), have no leadership, operates with dishonesty, cares less about your hard work and time dedicated, and will use you util you have had enough…. this is the place for you. This is not a company you want to work for if you are ethical, honest, smart, skilled, hard working or want a long term career. Trust me, I watched for just under 6 years and it made me sick so I left.

Advice to Management

Your core values should be something more than a sales pitch printed on a business card. The people you employ are not happy and can’t make it happen when you cut their throat weekly. Stop spending money on new business until you have your house in order. It’s no wonder everyone in the business is talking about you financial troubles. No good employees = No business = failure!

"Leasing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay was decent until they decided to follow through with these pay cuts, that do not benefit us at all.

Cons

You don't have that job security that is mentioned in the "Bonaventure Promise." They are going through changes which benefits upper management but not anyone else low on the line.

Advice to Management

Get it together

"Attitude is a Choice... Bonaventure is a choice"

Current Employee - Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my time with Bonaventure we have seen many changes. Change is not always easy, however sometimes its necessary to achieve the goals of the business. I enjoy the team atmosphere and the changes being made. Structure is important if one wants to achieve personal career growth, in addition to contributing to the growth and success of the company. There is so many opportunities, and new systems in place to make sure each member of the team has all the tools they will need to be a success. I love my job at Bonaventure. I wake up 15 minutes before my alarm goes off because I am excited about the days adventures. I am a firm believer that you get out of your experience what you put into it. I choose the FISH attitude everyday when I am at work.... because only I have the ability to create negativity for myself. I choose to live by the culture of the company and support the overall goal and that makes my experience AWESOME each day!

Cons

We are going through some changes, but they are for the better.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the great Communication and getting feedback from the teams so we can continue to thrive and create a positive working environment.

"Great company"

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonaventure is a great company to work for. Not only do we lead the market but we lead the industry in innovation. Each site level employee has access to an abundance of resources to be successful. We certainly work hard and we play hard. The negative reviews are hard to read simply because they are not true. In any career you are going to be the reason for your own failures and successes. You cannot always rely on others for help, you have to master the art of being resourceful = make it happen! The site teams are not handcuffed. Each Property Manager is empowered to run the property, to make it successful. If you want to work in an environment where you are more of a puppet, then Bonaventure is not for you.

Cons

I don't have any cons for Bonaventure. The company does a great job of listening and addressing any concerns. Keep evolving, that's what great companies do.

Advice to Management

Lauren, you are doing a phenomenal job! Keep up the good work!

Bonaventure Realty Group Response

Sep 8, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your support and your dedication. You're absolutely right that great companies have to evolve, and that's what we're doing. We're building tools to help us identify opportunities ... More

"Getting worse every day and sweatshirts don't help."

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Things were great until this past summer and we had a lot of fun even though it was a lot of work.

Cons

You asked us to submit questions in our budget boot camp. But what we really want to know is when are you getting rid of this horrible person that we do not like, trust, or respect.

Advice to Management

Bring in a new leader!

"Great Company! Bright Future!"

Current Employee - Leasing Manager in Tidewater, VA
    Current Employee - Leasing Manager in Tidewater, VA

Pros

- A lot of growth and opportunities if you apply yourself.
    -Great leaders who are determined to move forward and upward!
    - Bonaventure cares about their employees and wants us all to succeed. They give us the tools we need to learn more, achieve goals and ultimately have a great career!
    -Leaders and employees are Innovative thinkers and welcomes change in the best way.
    -Promotes team work and also individual growth!
    -equal opportunity

Cons

I believe that what you put into a job is what you will get out of that job. Communication was lacking but I can see the focus and progress we have/are making on that topic immensely.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Best Company Ever!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonaventure offers competitive salaries, great bonus package, generous vacation time (an entire month), and I could not ask for a more amazing work family! I learn something new every day, and work with a group of professionals, that inspire me, and encourage me. Upper management honestly takes in everyone's opinions and ideas. Great work/ home life balance. Room for growth.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

Continue to do everything that you are doing. We are getting better every day!