Bonaventure Realty Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dwight D. Dunton III

"Amazing Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tidewater, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tidewater, VA

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is so much growth with this company if you apply yourself. No day is ever the same and they really do utilize the talents that individuals have in each position.
    Events for employees are always advertised and encouraged. You are required to take a full week off each year, according to the handbook. The annual company picnic is always a blast! Participation in industry events and meetings are encouraged. They really want you to grow and learn as much as you can.

Cons

I feel that there is always so much going on it is hard to find time to take off. I am not sure if that is really a "CON". You just want to make sure that you don't miss anything fun!

Advice to Management

Keep growing!

Aug 10, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We agree that opportunities abound for employees to grow as we continue to grow. We are actively working to create career paths to help our employees ... More

"Amazing Company that gives you future opportunities!"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Always taking my thoughts and opinions in consideration
    - Ability to move ahead in your career and have the team that motivates you to do so
    - Knowledge gained will last a lifetime, best core values that are actually interpreted throughout the company.
    - Team is always friendly and caring of your personal and work life.
    - Great hours, great PTO and even better pay.
    - My mentors have been some of the best people I have worked with ever.

Cons

- Communication is getting worked on and getting so much better!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Aug 10, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. I am so happy that you see the improvement in our communication! We recognize that this has been a challenge in the past but we've rolled out some ... More

"Love it!"

Pros

I have worked with Bonaventure Realty Group for almost 5 years and love it! I can count on my colleagues for support, guidance and encouragement.

Cons

Recent turnover has caused a natural disturbance, but any changes that have been made have been made for the good.

Advice to Management

Keep making the positive changes that are needed in a growing company!

Aug 10, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to review Bonaventure on Glassdoor. You're absolutely right to point out that we have had some recent turnover but I am glad that you recognize that the changes we're ... More

"Hard work and dedication are ALWAYS rewarded !!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time

Pros

I have worked at Bonaventure for over 5 years, and to read these reviews baffles me. As with any organization, change is inevitable. It is how you respond to, and embrace those changes that makes you as an organization. I think employees need to take a look at THEIR dedication and their commitment level and re-assess what they are doing. Hard work is rewarded at EVERY lever with this company, and the amount of support that we are given exceeds every expectation that I ever had for an organization. We have an owner that is 100% committed to making us better each and every day. Sometimes people expect things to be handed to them on a silver platter, and that is not how the world works. You have to work for it.

Cons

I honestly have no cons. The things that we need to improve on, we are. The company sends out employee surveys quarterly, and the results are actually listened to. They react to our ideas, and they try to fix any deficiencies.

Advice to Management

Keep growing. the more we grow, the more opportunities that are created for those who deserve it.

"CHOOSE YOUR ATTITUDE and Go Bonaventure Blue!!"

Current Employee - Leasing Team Specialist in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Leasing Team Specialist in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am able to use my strengths and focus on my tasks!! Bonaventure really lives by it's Core Values and you truly feel a part of your team, company. You have the ability to be successful and thrive within the company. I love my extended Bonaventure Family!!

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any

Advice to Management

"Amazing Company Culture and Core Values which drives Motivated Happy Employees"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Bonaventure for almost a year now and have been impressed with my experience so far. Bonaventure has one of the most experienced and talented teams in Property Management that I've ever had the pleasure of working with! Exceptional leaders at the corporate level, onsite level and maintenance level!

The Core Values Drive Team Bonaventure and this is witnessed in the day to day actions of every employee every day!

The Leadership team really listens to what employees need to be successful in their day to day and make it happen (#5 it). It's really quite refreshing to work in an environment where you feel like you're being heard and valued as an employee and that every employee gives it their all every day!

Pros
    Working with driven capable people, involvement with CVAA, happy hours, work life balance, Compensation package is better than average (including PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and pay).

Cons

Benefits could be better for those needing family coverage. I'd also like to see Aflac offered.

Advice to Management

Continue to live by your Core Values

"Always Improving & Moving Forward"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the support I receive from my regional and upper management teams. The company is putting people in positions to succeed and I am happy to see unique positions created to add additional support to the on site teams.

Cons

Going through growth and restructuring that can at times be frustrating.

"Best Company Ever!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonaventure offers competitive salaries, great bonus package, generous vacation time (an entire month), and I could not ask for a more amazing work family! I learn something new every day, and work with a group of professionals, that inspire me, and encourage me. Upper management honestly takes in everyone's opinions and ideas. Great work/ home life balance. Room for growth.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

Continue to do everything that you are doing. We are getting better every day!

"Great company"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonaventure is a great company to work for. Not only do we lead the market but we lead the industry in innovation. Each site level employee has access to an abundance of resources to be successful. We certainly work hard and we play hard. The negative reviews are hard to read simply because they are not true. In any career you are going to be the reason for your own failures and successes. You cannot always rely on others for help, you have to master the art of being resourceful = make it happen! The site teams are not handcuffed. Each Property Manager is empowered to run the property, to make it successful. If you want to work in an environment where you are more of a puppet, then Bonaventure is not for you.

Cons

I don't have any cons for Bonaventure. The company does a great job of listening and addressing any concerns. Keep evolving, that's what great companies do.

Advice to Management

Lauren, you are doing a phenomenal job! Keep up the good work!

Sep 8, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your support and your dedication. You're absolutely right that great companies have to evolve, and that's what we're doing. We're building tools to help us identify opportunities ... More

"Fantastic Opportunities!"

I have been working at Bonaventure Realty Group full-time

Pros

Data driven, forward thinking, high energy - investing in people, technology and quality real estate. Focused on the employee and customer experience and truly values opinions and experiences.

Cons

I cannot think of any negatives. There is more and more focus on consistent structure and management on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Keep the course, and continue to build a great reputation through education, financial success and employees valued feedback. I truly respect and appreciate all efforts from ownership and executive leadership.