Bond No 9 Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Bond No 9 Founder and CEO Laurice Rahme
Laurice Rahme

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The hourly pay is the only good thing about this company (in 5 reviews)

• Laurice Rahme is wonderful to work for and I continue to learn more and more each day here (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They make promises that you never see (in 2 reviews)

• 9 is a tight-knit company, so everyone takes on multiple responsibilities (in 2 reviews)

1. "LOVE my job!"

I have been working at Bond No 9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With much experience in working retail, I am happy to finally be able to say I found the perfect company. The Bond No. 9 sales-force works as a team.The people here are incredibly smart and friendly- unlike many hostile and competitive store environments.
    At Bond No. 9, there is much opportunity to grow- which gives employees the incentive to perform well. Although not a competitive workforce, Bond No. 9's personnel works incredibly hard and therefore motivates one another to meet their goals.
    Additionally, Bond No. 9's product are so amazing, they are a breeze to sell!

Cons

Working retail is tough, expect to be on your feet for hours at a time (and wear comfy shoes!)

Advice to Management

Great Company!

"Worst company to work for. EXTREMELY ABUSIVE !!!"

I have been working at Bond No 9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hourly pay is good, thats it! There is nothing else good.

Cons

Stay far away from this company!!! They are abusive and are constantly threatening you and your job ! They make promises they never keep!!! You are never allowed a Saturday off even if it's for a family wedding! No vacation is ever paid and you have to get approval from the owner and you can only go in January or July! If you call out sick they threaten you. Everything they do is illegal I don't know how this woman still has a business. There is no HR department so you have no one to complain to if you have a problem. If they make a mistake on your paycheck it is almost impossible to get them to correct it and pay you what they owe you.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat people correctly stop abusing people. I hope one day this woman gets what she deserves!!!

"Stay far away!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bond No 9 full-time

Pros

None as an associate but the product being developed is of quality.

Cons

Stay far away from this company- that is the most truthful advice to give people who think they should steer their interests to this company. All positive reviews are false and being created by CEOs internals who are most likely fearful of CEO. This place is a disgrace- They do not value their employees. There is high turnover and micromanaging. It has been noted and seen that CEO racially profiles the customers who enter her store. There is zero trust.

Advice to Management

Get an ethics coach or an actual HR department to learn how to treat associates and people alike.

4. "Fragrance advisor"

Pros

This is a generous company

Cons

Lots of pressure to make sales

Advice to Management

None

5. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Export Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Export Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Bond No 9 full-time

Pros

I have been working at Bond No. 9 for almost a year and I must say that the work environment here is the best I have ever experienced. Everyone works amazingly together and its a very inspiring office environment. Laurice Rahme is wonderful to work for and I continue to learn more and more each day here. As someone who really appreciates creativity, I couldn't ask for a better place to work.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the hours - the day ends at 7pm which might seem like a drawback to some, but you get very used to it.

6. "Marketing/Brand Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing and Brand Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing and Brand Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Bond No 9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The working environment at Bond No. 9 is extremely inspiring and stimulating. As Bond No. 9's Marketing and Brand Manager, it is a pleasure to work side by side with the founder and CEO, Laurice Rahme, who is entirely involved with every project at hand. Much thought and creativity goes into developing each project. Although hard work is required, it is exciting to see our strategies come to life with a new launch, and makes the effort worthwhile.

Cons

Bond No. 9's workforce is on the smaller side, so be prepared to take on multiple tasks at once.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Franklin, TN

I worked at Bond No 9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, not much else

Cons

no insurance benefits, no support from upper management, the people that work for this company are extremely rude and there zero job security. They will pay you incorrectly and refuse to fix it

"Great Products"

Pros

Amazing concept and great product line. High end fragrances for sophisticated palette.

Cons

Very expensive and far too many promos. Micro management at its finest. Would rather let great people go than behave ethically. Get everything in writing!

Advice to Management

Treat your people better and stop changing the rules as you go along.

9. "Come and join us at Bond No.9!"

Current Employee - Global Business Development Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Global Business Development Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Bond No 9 full-time

Pros

I have been at Bond No9 fragrances for over 6 years. As a seasoned industry executive with over 20 years of experience I would like to share the positive experience that I have so fortunately had the opportunity to have at this company. There are not many companies where you can surround yourself with dedicated, loyal, smart individuals who are all working towards the same goal. We work in a team environment, along side the owner and founder Laurice Rahme. There is not a day that goes by where I, as well as my colleagues are educated by this brilliant woman who is passionate about her business and foremost her products. There are not many companies that would take a marketing executive and place her in a sales job. Laurice Rahme gave me the chance to do this at Bond No9 and have been so pleased with the change.. Bond No9 is an entrepreneurial company, with many talented individuals who have spirit and drive like no other. We certainly work hard but are able you see the result and your accomplishments. As a woman who has a career and a family, I confidently can say that Joining the Bond No9 family was the best decision I have made in my career and I encourage all to do the same.

Cons

we are located downtown which can be a long commute for some

10. "Public Relations Coordinator"

Current Employee - Public Relations Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Public Relations Coordinator in New York, NY

Pros

Bond No. 9 is a pleasure to work for. The employees function as a team, working together on various projects, so you learn a lot about every departments responsibilities. The founder and CEO, Laurice Rahme, works hand-in-hand with everyone at the office. Laurice is happy to help and advise with whatever task is at hand (should you have any questions). It is fascinating to be able to be a part of the creative process that goes into creating each individual fragrance. As PR Coordinator, I have seen first-hand how eager magazine editors and bloggers are to hear about upcoming launches. It is exciting to be able to work for and learn from such a successful company and CEO.

Cons

Bond No. 9 is a tight-knit company, so everyone takes on multiple responsibilities. You have to be able to multi-task in order to succeed. Although some days might get hectic, it is truly a learning experience that will make you a stronger employee in the long run.