Bond No 9 Reviews | Glassdoor

Laurice Rahme

1. "LOVE my job!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Bond No 9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With much experience in working retail, I am happy to finally be able to say I found the perfect company. The Bond No. 9 sales-force works as a team.The people here are incredibly smart and friendly- unlike many hostile and competitive store environments.
    At Bond No. 9, there is much opportunity to grow- which gives employees the incentive to perform well. Although not a competitive workforce, Bond No. 9's personnel works incredibly hard and therefore motivates one another to meet their goals.
    Additionally, Bond No. 9's product are so amazing, they are a breeze to sell!

Cons

Working retail is tough, expect to be on your feet for hours at a time (and wear comfy shoes!)

Advice to Management

Great Company!

2. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Export Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Export Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Bond No 9 full-time

Pros

I have been working at Bond No. 9 for almost a year and I must say that the work environment here is the best I have ever experienced. Everyone works amazingly together and its a very inspiring office environment. Laurice Rahme is wonderful to work for and I continue to learn more and more each day here. As someone who really appreciates creativity, I couldn't ask for a better place to work.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the hours - the day ends at 7pm which might seem like a drawback to some, but you get very used to it.

3. "Marketing/Brand Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing and Brand Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing and Brand Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Bond No 9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The working environment at Bond No. 9 is extremely inspiring and stimulating. As Bond No. 9's Marketing and Brand Manager, it is a pleasure to work side by side with the founder and CEO, Laurice Rahme, who is entirely involved with every project at hand. Much thought and creativity goes into developing each project. Although hard work is required, it is exciting to see our strategies come to life with a new launch, and makes the effort worthwhile.

Cons

Bond No. 9's workforce is on the smaller side, so be prepared to take on multiple tasks at once.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Franklin, TN

I worked at Bond No 9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, not much else

Cons

no insurance benefits, no support from upper management, the people that work for this company are extremely rude and there zero job security. They will pay you incorrectly and refuse to fix it

5. "Come and join us at Bond No.9!"

Current Employee - Global Business Development Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Global Business Development Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Bond No 9 full-time

Pros

I have been at Bond No9 fragrances for over 6 years. As a seasoned industry executive with over 20 years of experience I would like to share the positive experience that I have so fortunately had the opportunity to have at this company. There are not many companies where you can surround yourself with dedicated, loyal, smart individuals who are all working towards the same goal. We work in a team environment, along side the owner and founder Laurice Rahme. There is not a day that goes by where I, as well as my colleagues are educated by this brilliant woman who is passionate about her business and foremost her products. There are not many companies that would take a marketing executive and place her in a sales job. Laurice Rahme gave me the chance to do this at Bond No9 and have been so pleased with the change.. Bond No9 is an entrepreneurial company, with many talented individuals who have spirit and drive like no other. We certainly work hard but are able you see the result and your accomplishments. As a woman who has a career and a family, I confidently can say that Joining the Bond No9 family was the best decision I have made in my career and I encourage all to do the same.

Cons

we are located downtown which can be a long commute for some

6. "Public Relations Coordinator"

Current Employee - Public Relations Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Public Relations Coordinator in New York, NY

Pros

Bond No. 9 is a pleasure to work for. The employees function as a team, working together on various projects, so you learn a lot about every departments responsibilities. The founder and CEO, Laurice Rahme, works hand-in-hand with everyone at the office. Laurice is happy to help and advise with whatever task is at hand (should you have any questions). It is fascinating to be able to be a part of the creative process that goes into creating each individual fragrance. As PR Coordinator, I have seen first-hand how eager magazine editors and bloggers are to hear about upcoming launches. It is exciting to be able to work for and learn from such a successful company and CEO.

Cons

Bond No. 9 is a tight-knit company, so everyone takes on multiple responsibilities. You have to be able to multi-task in order to succeed. Although some days might get hectic, it is truly a learning experience that will make you a stronger employee in the long run.

"Vendor / Perfumista"

Former Employee - Perfumista/Vendor in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Perfumista/Vendor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Bond No 9 (More than 3 years)

Pros

The fragrances are top of the line . Awesome fragrances ! Hourly pay was good .

Cons

they don't pay vacation time at all .. Only allow vacation time in January and July on top of it there's no pay for vacation . The company is not flexible on weekend off , meaning no off at all on Saturdays .

Advice to Management

Be fair to your employee and pay benefits

"Prepare to give up your life"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The pay is pretty good, but the more you make the more blood and sweat they expect.

Cons

Poor managment, The owner is an idiot! She has absolutely no common sense. The owner never had a family or kids, so she doesn't care if you do! Don't ask for anything she will give you the opposite.

Advice to Management

I feel sorry for you.

"Enlightening, Juan was a great manager, thought out of the box, hopefully your lucky enough to win his respect."

Former Employee - Businessmanager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Businessmanager in New York, NY

I worked at Bond No 9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Communication is a must. They appreciate your creative Intelligence. Learn to listen, Laurice drops pearls of wisdom sometimes misunderstood by an average mind. I have respect for her creative genius.

Cons

Never be anyone but yourself, they look down upon
    manipulation, and they care so much, they will let you know.

Advice to Management

Thanks for allowing me to be part of your teams journey

"Nice long lasting fragrance, but that's it, a lot of fragrances are copied from other fragrance lines as well."

Former Employee - Perfumista in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Perfumista in San Diego, CA

I worked at Bond No 9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hourly, that's really all I can fill in this place as a positive, in here, otherwise nothing else.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, a lot of abuse from owner , non stop Emails and harassing phone calls from account executives who need to learn better management skills. Never have I dealt with such a abusive environment. And they get away with it time and time again with poor employees who have to quit because of the abuse.

Advice to Management

Your poor treatment of employees has given your company a very bad name to work for, however what comes around goes around, and may god help you understand that this abuse of employees cannot continued to be unnoticed.