BondEdge Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Walt Armentrout
  1. Awesome Place to work

Former Employee - Executive Assistant to the President in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at BondEdge Solutions full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

This company really cares about there employees. Beach Day, Bagel once a week. HR was very approachable. Management was easy to talk to. It was a family. Miss working there.

Cons

Low pay for living in California

Account Executive (Sales)

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at BondEdge Solutions full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

From a sales perspective, the product is great to demo and does a very good job at what it is supposed to do. On the people, they are all really wonderful to work with- many have been there for years and really care, others are new but have a good energy. They do a lot of things for fun, like happy hour on Fridays, beach day, bagels on Wednesdays.

Cons

Senior management changes all the time. New president, new head of sales, maybe that was part of the changes with going from one parent company to the next and will not be as much in the future.

Advice to Management

Take time to work on the underlying code so that it is a platform that can be added to and expanded in the future.

Welcome to the Time Machine

I worked at BondEdge Solutions full-time

Pros

Benefits are OK. People generally nice.

Cons

Have not worked for them under the new owner (Intercontinental Exchange), so don't know if my observations are still valid. The main issue with the place is that it is an old company, and most the people who work there have worked there 20+ years. Doing pretty much the same thing decade after decade. Honestly, the place was stuck in 1995 technologically and in terms of their product vision and strategy. And huge resistance...

Advice to Management

Really none, since they are new and probably still sorting things out. I would see the main imperative should be to bring new blood in, who want to try new things, and who actually understand the newest technologies. Without that, I fear they simply cannot succeed.

a lot of uncertainty with new management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at BondEdge Solutions full-time

Pros

Vocations are generous. Benefits are good.

Cons

New management shakes up the whole system and shifts the direction of the development to a total different direction, without understanding what exists. Either they don't want to know, or they don't understand and just have the urge to take ownership of something new so that it looks good on their book. Existing employees are treated as minions and shuffled around without considering much of each employee's expertise....

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect. Management is about managing smart people, not trying to be the smartest one. Attend meetings and try to encourage people to talk and hear the real voice.

Look up reviews for Interactive Data for more accurate information

I have been working at BondEdge Solutions full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Vacation and benefits are among the best I have seen. The people are friendly and helpful. See review of Interactive Data Corporation to get more info.

Cons

See reviews for Interactive Data Corporation. BondEdge Solutions is part of IDC. Ever since we were taken over by private equity all that matters is short term $, not long term growth.

Advice to Management

Change the review structure to match the tech companies such as Google, Adobe, etcetera.

Intellectually stimulating, reinvigorated company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at BondEdge Solutions full-time

Pros

Company is definitely on an upswing! New Senior Management added over the last couple years has provided a renewed vision and strategic direction for the company. Office culture is positive and are some of the smartest people I've ever been around.

Cons

Starting off as an analyst often takes 2-3 years to make it to that next level. Some folks who are unsure about their career aspirations are "stuck" in their roles for an extended period. My advice to new analysts, take full advantage of the firms education reimbursement policy and continue to grow your intellectual capital outside your 9-5!

high intensive environment with a lot of politics

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at BondEdge Solutions full-time

Pros

get in touch with latest technology

Cons

high intensive, fast paced environment

Advice to Management

need to get better road map with sustainable working pace

GoooGr

I worked at BondEdge Solutions full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Very welcoming culture to work in, with a lot of great people. Recent staff changes seem to have revived the energy of the company.

Cons

Change can be hard for some of the senior managers, which cause the company not to explorer new ideas. For someone who is new to the company, this can be very discouraging.

Found 8 reviews