Bonefish Grill "menu" Reviews | Glassdoor

David Schmidt

"Bonefish Grill"

Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Brandywine, MD

I have been working at Bonefish Grill part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to make money Usually positive work environment Half off food Easy to move up into new positions

Cons

Quality/selection of food is deteriorating. Menu needs revamping Poor store management (Brandywine, MD location)

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better Management needs to hold themselves accountable for issues in the restaurant instead of passing blame onto others Don't speak badly about employees to other employees because it will always get back to said employee

Bonefish Grill2017-05-24

"Not a great company"

Current Employee - Server in Stuart, FL

I have been working at Bonefish Grill full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

the high volume is a bonus ! The atmosphere and new look

Cons

Behind the scenes it's a mess managers treat employees awfull and show favoritism. It's unfair and not rite . Everyone deserves a chance coming from a 11 year veteran being a transfer I have never in my life seen a bonefish ran this badly . Managers undermine employees treat you like your ten and don't listen to concerns . The menu has gone down hill it's not fresh .

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees notice the hard work . Your never productive with your guest like we are you just walk by them . This is not proper management don't take your divorce out on us leave it at the door . It's unprofessional and customers are complaining about manager attitudes . (Why did you break that )! Something a manger has said to employee ! Glass breaks we are not throwing it across the room . There is a way...

Bonefish Grill2017-06-03
  3. "Brand in Decline"

Current Employee - Server in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bonefish Grill part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good crew, flexible hours. Opportunity to move up if you really set your heart to it. Better business than many other area chain restaurants (but that distinction is fading). 50% discount on employee shift meals, 25% outside of work and at other Bloomin' Brands stores.

Cons

In short: Overstaffed; Management in turmoil; Little server support; Declining business undergoing an identity crisis. Having a large staff does make scheduling more flexible and easy to pick up or give up shifts, but it can be difficult to maintain the full-time status needed to enjoy the health and vacation benefits. Picking up shifts to bulk your schedule will have to become a second job if you want to keep them,...

Advice to Management

If you want to maintain the "Polished Casual" description you've given yourself, then truly innovate. Overhaul the menu, commit to quality ingredients. Pay your hosts a wage and hire a dedicated busters.

Bonefish Grill2017-04-09
  4. "Bonefish Grill bartender/waitress/headwait"

I worked at Bonefish Grill part-time for more than a year

Pros

I had no problems with the company itself, the menu is always changing which is good and they're always holding staff meetings and I could really tell that the company wanted to be directly involved with each store, they always had representatives coming in and making sure everything was up to par. also, great food

Cons

as with any restaurant there are problems with management and coworkers and scheduling I can't really speak this as a con for the company

Bonefish Grill2017-02-17
    • "Skip It"

Former Employee - Server in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Bonefish Grill part-time for less than a year

Pros

-The restaurant has you actually try the food when you are learning the menu which is very helpful. -Discounted food and sometimes a shift meal if you worked a double -Not very much side work.

Cons

Management is rude and does not abide by the "open door" policy. I tried to voice my concerns one night and was told if I didn't like it I could just leave. I was trying to talk to my manager about the fact that I was skipped many times in rotation and was only given two tables after a few months of being there, I wanted to know why and management told me to just leave. -The environment is tense and stressful, nobody...

Advice to Management

Allow servers to come to you with issues or concerns. Don't treat certain servers unfairly and talk about them to other servers. People are here to make money not be your friend.

Bonefish Grill2017-03-18
    • "Server"

Former Employee - Server in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Bonefish Grill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The restaurant is continually Busy. Fast paced wrk environment. Good price points mean nice check totals. Great support from management.

Cons

The deal might bring in a totally different crowd than normal nights requiring more work and less pay. Menu items remain the same.

Bonefish Grill2017-02-01

"A glorified Ruby Tuesday"

Current Employee - Server/Bartender

I have been working at Bonefish Grill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Get to know the regulars very quickly, easy menu, easy money when it's busy. Easy wine knowledge. Nothing more to say.

Cons

The restaurant is so far away from what it originated from. Thank you Bloomin Brands for destroying it. We have coupons galore, dine rewards, and weekly menus to appeal to the cheaper crowd. In my 4 years here I've never been so displeased. Half price martini Monday's (most of the time) Price fix Tuesday Bang Wednesday Endless bubbles Sunday It really hurts our pockets, and we're doing twice the amount of work. All...

Advice to Management

This is a sinking ship and yet we're still catering to the first class passengers.

Bonefish Grill2017-01-07
    • "Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Host

I have been working at Bonefish Grill full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most employees are awesome! They tend to every helpful and understanding.

Cons

Managers typically are too serious. Employees must attend mandatory meetings that are not actually all that important. If you're an opener, expect to have a manager quiz you each day either on company policy or on the menu and the wine list.

Advice to Management

Relax a bit and have fun. Your employees don't like working for uptight managers. You lose our respect and it makes us want to avoid coming to work.

Bonefish Grill2016-11-17
    • "Executive chef"

Current Employee - Culinary Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bonefish Grill full-time for more than a year

Pros

I get to build teams of people and watch them grow. I have been exposed to a lot of the GM responsibilities which i feel has made me better at my job.

Cons

No menu creation, no freedom, no say in regards to the menu

Bonefish Grill2016-10-27
    • "Server"

Former Employee - Server in Hilton Head Island, SC

I worked at Bonefish Grill part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. Very good food and clean environment. You will receive 50 % off menu items of fresh seafood and great steaks. Managers were always pleasant.

Cons

Not many to think of. Low hourly wage however great tips if working at a busy location which most are. I would work there again.

Advice to Management

We had small sections which consisted of 3 tables. With seasoned wit staff should be considered to have 4 or 5 tables.

Bonefish Grill2016-09-26