Bonefish Grill "menu" Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 674 reviews

3.6
Bonefish Grill CEO David Schmidt
David Schmidt
  1. "Host/ Guest Services Associate"

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Brandywine, MD

I have been working at Bonefish Grill for more than a year

Pros

Depending on your location the management can be very helpful and assisting. You will often work with people you thoroughly enjoy. Honestly your experience at Bonefish will depend on how you interpret the day to day work and how you react to customers. The menu is also constantly changing so new ideas are coming in all the time.

Cons

The customers can a real pain. They often do not understand the inner working of restaurants and will ignore restaurant etiquette. Best advice is to fake a smile and get through the shift.

Advice to Management

Hire more employees who not only know how to hold multiple plates and take orders, but who are engaged in having great customer service skills as well.

Bonefish Grill2015-08-21
  2. "Great Atmosphere to work in"

Former Employee - Server, Bartender, Trainer in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Bonefish Grill full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Place to work, allowed you to make repeat customers and the management cared about the staff

Cons

The Corporate structure decided to make the menu much cheaper at certain times, leading to the staff having higher sales, but lower tips.

Bonefish Grill2015-08-15
  3. "Great Company to expand and learn!"

Former Employee - Bartender/Server in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bonefish Grill for more than 3 years

Pros

Great staff, great management Great concept with constant seasonal changes to their menu to keep up with the times. Management does a great job at checking quality of food and dining experience

Cons

hospitality can be stressful sometimes especially in a semi-fine dining establishment, Hours can be long since they've opened for lunch with little to no benefit to your pocket at times.

Advice to Management

none

Bonefish Grill2015-06-22

"Great money, strict corporate guidelines."

Current Employee - Server in Manalapan, NJ

I have been working at Bonefish Grill for less than a year

Pros

Excellent opportunity to make lots of money as a server/bartender. As anywhere, with the right staff, it's a lot of fun. It's a team-oriented environment so you're never on your own.

Cons

The menu changes often so you must be able to master it quickly and make changes. Also, corporate likes to experiment with changing the rules, and their guidelines are very strict regarding appearances, conduct, language, and exactly what you say to guests. Being a teamwork-oriented environment, you must be able to help others and if everyone in the team isn't giving 100%, it can be rough when it gets busy.

Bonefish Grill2015-06-01
  5. "What Happened?"

I have been working at Bonefish Grill

Pros

Excellent earning potential, great atmosphere, wonderful team

Cons

Poor menu design, cheapness, no more fresh fish

Advice to Management

Go back to basics, remember the the things that made BFG special

Bonefish Grill2015-05-17

"Great people poor money"

Current Employee - FOH All Positions in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Bonefish Grill full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people I work with are the best. The food is good but not always consistent. Bar drinks are some of the best around. Hours are reasonable.

Cons

COUPONS, gives us that "Red Lobster" vibe. Tips are way down from the past years. Hosts double as bus people low pay. Long ticket time, constant menu changes, no growth potential even though they tell you there is. Managers work long hours and are required to work the line to save money. A great deal of pre-made toppings and sauces. Bonefish has gotten away from what they were really all about. Management always sides...

Advice to Management

Follow thru on what you say!! Go to bat for us with our JVP instead of playing down someones value to your store. Be consistent with the rules for all which include dress code, being on time, no call no show. Set the example as a team player instead of "your way only" Say thank you!! Have meetings, teach backs. Step back and remember where you started. Lead by example.

Bonefish Grill2015-03-06
  7. "Excellent, best college job I could have had"

Former Employee - Server in Denver, CO

I worked at Bonefish Grill

Pros

Working at Bonefish was the best, such a great company to work for but the proprietor made all the difference I think. It was easy money, because Bonefish offers such a great menu that everyone loves and the town I was working in didnt offer really any other places that served fish so we had a monopoly on the market = busy all the time... Scheduling was great, I could take off whatever days I wanted to or work as many...

Cons

It took me awhile to move from host to server as I had no previous experience but when i finally did I became one of the best at the job because I knew the menu inside out and backwards

Advice to Management

Management was great I cant complain!

Bonefish Grill2015-02-12

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Server in Edgemont, PA

I worked at Bonefish Grill part-time

Pros

Good management and good atmosphere. They try to help you succeed and make money

Cons

-Menu changes became questionable and sometimes upset guests and made for cheap bills.

Advice to Management

Stop taking popular items off the menu.

Bonefish Grill2015-01-26
  9. "Alright"

Current Employee - Server in Miami, FL

I have been working at Bonefish Grill full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good food, drinks. Nice building in a good location. Menu is perfect size to allow execution while still allowing guest many options

Cons

Rather not say as I work here still and plan to for the foreseeable future. If anything seems like the few hardworking employees are overlooked and underappreciated versus the butt kisses.

Bonefish Grill2014-10-02
  10. "New CEO, everything is changing and not for the better"

Former Employee - Server in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Bonefish Grill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent tips for the area

Cons

Most of the servers have been there a long time, so people are slightly off putting when you start. There is a new CEO and the menu and standards are constantly changing from week to week. There's unrealistic expectations of management on your time, like coming in almost every Saturday mornings before work for a "staff meeting" and "everyone" is expected to work holidays and certain promo days, expect the favorites.

Advice to Management

There is no need to change every menu item, it's the reason why we have regulars. Having to have staff meetings nearly every Saturday is beyond ridiculous. Oh, and quit trying to micromanage everything and worry about the important things

Bonefish Grill2014-10-04