Bonefish Grill "menu" Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 674 reviews

3.6
Bonefish Grill CEO David Schmidt
David Schmidt
  1. "Better than most restaurants"

Current Employee - Server in Troy, MI

I have been working at Bonefish Grill part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to meet new people, team-based setting, management supportive if you ever need anything non-job related, schedule flexibility

Cons

Lots of "politics" and favoritism, constantly running out of menu items, inexperienced staff, LOTS of material to cover ever changing menu, etc

Bonefish Grill2014-09-22
  2. "Management Team is the best."

Current Employee - Server, in Naples, FL

I have been working at Bonefish Grill full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bonefish in Naples is always busy; in season and out of season. Offer health insurance, paid vacation, and opportunity to cross train and learn many positions and advance. Naples store has the best management team. They run a fair and efficient place that is fun to work at. Bonefish stays fresh with changes and additions to the drink and food menu, making it a popular place...thus always busy.

Cons

Bonefish as an operation is fine. The locations and the guests dining can make the work experience vary. Naples has some very rude, entitled, and old crabby guests...some tip crappy but for the most part if you can deal with annoying old people day in and out....the money is worth it.

Advice to Management

Upper management is referring to corporate, not the immediate managers in the Naples store...if you are going to continue to make changes, to food and drinks...at the very least, someone that has actually worked in the "trenches" should be apart of the decision making process....i.e add a new cocktail with 10 ingredients, and 8 steps to make it....be realistic with the timing....(there are a dozen other 10 step drinks...

Bonefish Grill2014-08-21
  3. "It was fair"

Former Employee - Wait Staff in Southern Pines, NC

I worked at Bonefish Grill full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Its good money and fast money. Easy to learn menu

Cons

Management changed alot at one point in 8 years of me being their. That was hard. And very clicky compared to other restaurants i have worked in.

Advice to Management

Things arent always as they seem

Bonefish Grill2014-07-06
  4. "Great place to be a hostess"

Current Employee - Hostess

I have been working at Bonefish Grill part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great food, good atmosphere that brings in customers and management makes sure you comfortable with training

Cons

When the menu constantly changes

Bonefish Grill2014-05-20
  5. "Once a great place to work that now is being driven too much by shareholder profits."

Current Employee - Bartender/Server

I have been working at Bonefish Grill full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great training and continuing education for hourly staff. Unique and ever changing menu items. Food and drinks are a good value which keeps the restaurant competitive and relatively busy.

Cons

Over staffing, product quality continues to degrade. Company is too aggressive with growth vs. maintaining quality and availability of product particularly with fresh non-farm raised fish.

Advice to Management

The cross training between FOH & BOH management is great however, it's appalling how many salaried managers have little to no people skills. People Skills really needs to be emphasized during the transition from hourly to salary positions.

Bonefish Grill2014-05-03
  6. "Fast paced team environment, where one can really get behind every menu item."

Current Employee - Server in Gainesville, VA

I have been working at Bonefish Grill full-time for more than a year

Pros

Every menu item is delicious so selling special and paring drinks a cuisine is much easier. The management is strict and keeps everyone working to the best of their ability keeping our reputation as one of the best places in the area.

Cons

Long volume shifts now cannot be avoided with the new brunch and lunch menus. Breaks are minimal to non existent.

Bonefish Grill2014-02-18
  7. "Once a great place to work, now just another corporate restaurant"

I worked at Bonefish Grill part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good schedule, only nights, although I'm told they are now open for the dreaded Sunday lunch. Although the menu quality has declined, overall the product decent.

Cons

* To be fair, I should say upfront that all stores are different. Some of the negatives I point out are likely not present in all locations. Extremely hostile work environment Money is not very good relative to other restaurants with a comparable menu The corporate decision makers though it would be a good idea run ridiculous specials in order to maximize the number of "butts in seats." This unfortunately...

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well and they will take care of you. It is better to have a good clientele that spends a lot of money and takes care of the staff than a slightly larger one that tries to get as much for free as possible and treats the employees poorly.

Bonefish Grill2013-10-28
  8. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

I have been working at Bonefish Grill part-time

Pros

Reasonable customers, decent work hours, accommodating to students, decent tips, decent menu, thorough training,

Cons

Low wages, long hours, Sundays were pretty bad. a little difficult to move up. "Manufactured" specials.

Advice to Management

I wish you could be more exploring with the menu! There was so much to go off from, that you could run different specials almost every day.

Bonefish Grill2013-09-13

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Bonefish Grill full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good menu and atmosphere, good drinks.

Cons

Incompetent management. Corporate philosophy is scaring you to make you do your job. Every day is a battle with management and corporate people.

Advice to Management

Try living your values. I was a manager there and couldn't do my job because of constant interruptions by the JVP over petty, meaningless issues when he completely ignored the big issues, like his completely incompetent managing partner (who has since been fired.) No support, no praise for doing an excellent job. Only negative communication about irrelevant issues. (Once the ice machine was broken and all he talked about...

Bonefish Grill2013-08-30
  10. "Great place to be a server"

Former Employee - Head Waiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bonefish Grill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good food, good atmosphere that brings in good customers that usually pay 20 percent. Also benefits is a plus for full time employees. As a head waiter I was always offered a meal at the end of my shift. Fantastic training.

Cons

Starting to "expand" their menu to bring in cheaper options(ie. handhelds). These cheaper menu items bring in lower income individuals that don't tip properly.

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of your people.

Bonefish Grill2013-08-15