Bonnier Publishing Reviews | Glassdoor

Bonnier Publishing Reviews

Updated 5 Jul 2017

5.0
Bonnier Publishing CEO  (no image)

"Creativity and Curiousity Rewarded"

Current Employee - Associate Publisher in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bonnier Publishing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

(from the perspective of an editor/writer) Working on books you can be proud of. Even the most junior employees are encouraged to present ideas for new books, brand partners, and systems improvement. Getting to take an idea all the way through from proposal to contracts to edit and design to print production. Awesome cross-training compared to companies where job functions are more rigid. If you come up... with a way to do something better or differently, you'll have the support to try it out (within reason) Nice folks, all the way up to top management. I've seen the CEO and CFO personally drop everything to help fix a problem rather than delegating or ignoring it. While the pace can be very fast and the deadlines tight, you're part of a talented, supportive team. Even top executives will roll up their sleeves and hep your achieve your goal. Getting to work on really cool, interesting books.

Cons

New corporate structure means we're revising admin systems and workflow and rolling out new processes. It's all the the greater good, but can feel a little confusing at times. Deadlines are often very tight and budgets can be challenging to folks who've made a lateral move from advertising or tech.

Advice to Management

Document systems, create an ops manual, keep working (as we have been) towards planning to avoid deadline crunches.

Bonnier Publishing2017-07-02
  2. "Great if you're adaptable and want more than a 9-5 job"

Current Employee - International Project Manager in Sywell, England

I have been working at Bonnier Publishing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great collaboration across the business between various departments and imprints. Opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, where you are challenged to think on your feet; no two days are the same. The company has a great community and social focus, where there are plenty of events to get involved with outside of standard working hours.

Cons

The business is rapidly growing, so process changes, new responsibilities and new team-members are the norm, rather than the exception. People who value stability and status quo will probably struggle with this.

Advice to Management

Thorough training, introductions and ongoing support for all new starters to help them integrate into Bonnier Publishing processes and values

Bonnier Publishing2017-07-05
  3. "A brilliant place to work: great teams, great books!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Bonnier Publishing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Since joining 2 years ago, I have been given the opportunity to work on a variety of hugely exciting projects. I have had a lot of support from our management, whilst retaining a great feeling of independence. Our books are varied, each with their own strength and audience. The teams are fantastic and the size of the Zaffre division where I work is absolutely perfect: a small but perfectly formed team, with... great focus and enthusiasm.

Cons

Hard to find cons! These last two years have been the most exciting of my career!

Bonnier Publishing2017-07-03
  4. "Working Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, England

I have been working at Bonnier Publishing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bonnier Publishing offers a great working environment that doesn't make discriminations based on your level. If you've got a great idea or have knowledge of something, everyone is happy to hear you out no matter if you're at entry level or higher up. This is a business full of approachable and friendly people that love to have a bit of fun while also working very hard.

Cons

Some things indeed work differently here so you need to be open. It's a company that's developing very fast and thus you need be flexible and comfortable with change.

Bonnier Publishing2017-06-14
  5. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Head of Contracts & Royalties in Chelsea, England

I have been working at Bonnier Publishing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

From the moment I started working for Bonnier Publishing I've been given full flexibility on how to run my area, trust from management and encouragement to progress and develop. They hire people rather than roles so my role has largely been built around me so that I feel unique in the group and it caters to my skills and interests. At Bonnier Publishing you feel like you're appreciated and there are so many social... evens, interest group get-togethers and perks like summer hours, summer party, company conferences etc etc etc that I can't imagine anywhere else I would rather work.

Cons

It's growing so fast that there is sometimes a lack of office space until we take over yet another floor. Also, Bonnier Publishing are so far ahead of the competition in every aspect that sometimes it gets dull and you want a bit more of a challenge (oh well) ;-)

Advice to Management

The day I advise management is the day I peak...

Bonnier Publishing2017-05-24
  6. "Enjoyable and Fun"

Current Employee - Assistant Editor in Chelsea, England

I have been working at Bonnier Publishing full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a very social place to work, everyone is welcoming and friendly. They really invest in you, as individuals, and help you to develop your career.

Cons

There is sometimes a breakdown in communication in-between departments, now that we have workplace this should hopefully stop from happening.

Advice to Management

To really communicate with their staff the decisions that are made amongst themselves and the board and how this will affect our everyday working environments.

Bonnier Publishing2017-02-16
  7. "Enjoyable"

I have been working at Bonnier Publishing

Pros

Good fun, great product, growing company, decent people, not boring, fast paced, and good parties!

Cons

Multi location and can be hard work at times. Long hours occasionally.

Bonnier Publishing2017-01-30
  8. "Working at Bonnier Publishing"

Senior International Sales Manager in Sywell, England

I have been working at Bonnier Publishing

Pros

Bonnier Publishing provides a great environment to work in. Despite all sister companies sharing common goals to publish great books and great prices, which takes a lot of hard work and commitment, Bonnier provides a very fun and exciting environment to do this. Their culture & values are key to making this a success.

Cons

Currently there are no cons.

Bonnier Publishing2017-01-19
  9. "An exciting and vibrant place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Editor in London, England

I have been working at Bonnier Publishing full-time for less than a year

Pros

- You feel like you're really part of something; your success is the company's success and vice versa. The company is doing really well and growing very fast so there's lot of opportunity. - Amazing culture: the organisational structure feels very flat - everybody's brimming with ideas and management are really encouraging and supportive - It's not a traditional stuffy publishing company; everybody is passionate... about what they do but they're open minded and they know how to have fun! I think the company will do well because of this - it has a different approach to the other big publishing houses in the UK

Cons

- There are a few offices in the UK so you can spend quite a bit of time travelling - The staff benefits are OK but not great compared to other publishers

Bonnier Publishing2015-12-14