Booking.com Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Booking.com President & CEO Gillian Tans
Gillian Tans

Pros
  • Active, high energy and collaborative open work environment (in 75 reviews)

• work/life balance: if you're often in the office after 6pm, your manager will ask you, if everything is ok (in 30 reviews)

Cons

"Fast growing, exciting business"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booking.com (More than a year)

Pros

The company has offices all over the world, and the opportunity to build contacts with colleagues is fantastic. If possible you may have the opportunity to work in other offices around the world on an interim basis.

Cons

Scope for career development can be limited in the local offices, but the main hubs, particularly Amsterdam have huge opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication flowing down to grass level, and keep the team motivated. The expansion is rapid, and the company has to have the foresight to envisage the changes needed to succeed, and then be able to implement them quickly.

2. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Korea, VA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Korea, VA

I worked at Booking.com (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome people. Great team spirit and ample opportunities to travel!

Cons

The company pays well but the amount of work justifies the payment.

"Not For 35 & Over Business Professionals"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Stone Mountain, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Stone Mountain, GA

I worked at Booking.com (More than 3 years)

Pros

Domestic & Global Travel, Annual Christmas Gifts. Candidates spend 1 to years max here for a resume builder then move on it will be better for you and for the company as usually around 3 years EMPLOYEE dissatisfaction kicks in at an alarming pace.

Cons

Unqualified Managers who lack business acumen & professionalism in dressing, A try to bully mgmt style ( So college grads consult your parents or mentors on HR rules for your state when accepting this role, No management support and aggressive quotas based on unrealistic job objectives ( NOT FOR SEASONED SALES PROFESSIONALS). If your are an inspiring Entrepreneur this opportunity will reinforce WHY YOU WILL GO INTO BUSINESS FOR YOURSELF. If you are a CORPORATE fanatic this opportunity will better hone down the culture and environment best suited for corporate upward mobility as this company does not believe in that. Applicants who are in their youth BE VERY discerning when working here. THEY do not pay for talents so offering your gifts and showcasing them here gets you more work with fake titles that DO NOT IN ANYWAY translate into an outside company. THERE is not an area manager who worked for this organization that is an AREA manager at another company or even a senior manager as they are only qualified for this role in this culture not in another company.

Advice to Management

Clean Sweep Entire MID MGRs. Entire Organization needs MGMT overhaul

"Decent Place to work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Astoria, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Astoria, NY

I have been working at Booking.com (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall it's not a bad place to work. There's a lot of travel usually and some perks like monthly free lunches and happy hour. It tries to be like a startup but falls short. It's good experience

Cons

Low compensation, management is usually very young and not necessarily well trained.

Advice to Management

Give actual feedback and support your team. Also, they just need to pay more in general. It's not remotely comparable to any similar travel site.

6. "Fun Company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a fun company to work for and I really enjoyed it.

Cons

the commute from my house was too far.

Advice to Management

just keep doing what y'all are doing and remember to keep the employees suggestions in mind.

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Travel, yearly trip to Amsterdam. Great for a starting job. Get in, get some experience, enjoy traveling, and get out of there.

Cons

Poor management, continually changing priorities, nearly impossible to hit bonus targets

"Account Manager - SF"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

In my experience, this role was one of the most challenging opportunities. Most tools you use are built internally, so even though every employee has to start from scratch when hired, from understanding the logic of their tooling, you understand the company better as a whole. This company runs on change and A/B testing, so for someone who likes procedure and strict structure, this might not be the organization for you. But for someone who likes to feel like they have a voice at their company, someone who appreciates executive transparency, and for someone who thrives as an independent worker then this company and role may be a great fit.

My favorite part of the role was that I was the CEO of my own market and designed my strategies of how to optimize the performance of my partners based on my knowledge and observation. I felt empowered by my management to take challenges head on and not be afraid to fail, which is refreshing for such a large corporation.

It is a plus if you are a quick thinker, but the company provides tremendous support to help you educate and build your skillset within the role. Lots of opportunity for upward mobility within the company; especially those who do not mind moving across offices (and even countries sometimes)

Cons

Time prioritization is a MUST. If you do not have a hearty work ethic then you may not like the environment.

Advice to Management

Less Google Docs

"Account Manager in SF"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being an Account Manager in San Francisco is AWESOME. The people I work with every day motivate me more than I ever thought I could be motivated in an office setting. Coming from a huge tech company prior, I assumed real teamwork sort of goes out the window when you work for such an internet giant. Booking.com proved me wrong. This is a true team here, everyone genuinely wants each other to succeed. My colleagues take time out of their day to help with everything under the sun literally every day. We provide a great product to both hotels and to guests that I stand behind and NEVER have to question. Oh yeah, did I mention Travel…?
    We travel to beautiful destinations in California to visit our hotel partners and strengthen the mutual partnership regularly. The learning is endless here, we are encouraged to attend trainings at different offices to better our professional and personal development as individuals. It will sound cheesy when I say this, but I wear my Booking.com backpack every day to and from work with pride. It should also be noted that our snacks are both delicious and healthy.

Cons

Lengthy ramp-up. I have been here about 5 months and am just finally starting to get the hang of the technology and tools we utilize.

"Account Manager Role at Booking"

Current Employee - Account Manager Hotels Department in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager Hotels Department in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sense of importance and contribution to such a huge corporation; although Booking.com is a large company, I have already in my 4 months here met the CEO of Priceline, product owners, and other upper-level players in the company who visited the office and were eager to hear my and my colleagues feedback.

I meet and work with people from all over the world.

I travel to the Central Coast of California often.

Office culture has been extremely welcoming, fun, and down to earth.

There are a number of opportunities within Booking.com to grow my career both vertically and horizontally; I work in the Hotels Department, but work closely with all other departments.

I feel valued as an employee.

There is a lot of autonomy and responsibility; I feel I am growing professionally in a supportive atmosphere.

It is essentially the hospitality industry, so all the people I work alongside are awesome and fun.

Access to a lot of industry information; gaining knowledge.

The best part of working here is feeling proud to represent the company I work for.

Cons

Ramp-up period is lengthy
    Must stay very organized

"Great Company - Poor management"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great learning opportunity, there is a lot of room to learn and do. You do get trips to Amsterdam every now and then. The office space is fun and for the most part your colleagues can be fun as well

Cons

Management is poor. They have no experience managing people before and do not lead by example at all. Some of them express behaviours that are shameful to be expressed in public.

Advice to Management

Train your managers better