Booking.com Customer Service Guest Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Customer Service Guest Specialist

Create your profile to get personalized information

Booking.com Customer Service Guest Specialist Reviews

Updated Dec 12, 2019

3.6
Booking.com President and CEO Glenn Fogel
Glenn Fogel

"Call center with some perks"

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits; Pay is not bad; 10h shifts 4x a week; overtime possibility

Cons

It’s still a call center; paid time off is unfair if you work 10h shifts

Advice to Management

Review policy about unpaid time off (doesn’t exist in Orlando at least). In order to be a Booker, employees must have a chance to travel and more days off (paid or unpaid).

Booking.com2019-07-09

"Okay place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Guest Specialist

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free fruits, fab Friday and all the other events every now and then.

Cons

Too focused on the numbers that a lot of staff just leave a mess because they’re so in a hurry to move on to the next customer.

Advice to Management

Customer satisfaction should be more important than the number of customers attended to.

Booking.com2019-09-23

"Good Benefits, Fake "Family" Environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Guest Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Booking.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, free coffee, location is convenient. Chill environment. Pay is decent only if you work the night shift where you can get paid almost up to $16.50; regular pay is $14.25. If you do OT, your checks can average about $1500-2000 a week, but of course that's working 10-12hr shifts 5-6 days a week. It starts out wonderful. The first two weeks of training they make you do for the first part of your position (Customer Service Guest Executive). They are very hands on but only give you about 10% of information for you and then send you out to the floor for a month.

Cons

If you're not used to Customer Service, working in a fast paced environment, or used to teaching yourself, you are thrown to the wolves. While there are plenty of employees around that could help, you are assigned to a specific team and if people don't know you, they make it seem like you're a bother to them. I, unfortunately, was 1 of 6 others who were not assigned to a team once we officially started. We were all placed on different teams as "Foster Kids" as they called us. The team I was put on were only there for about 2hrs of my shift (I worked 5pm-1:30am) and by then, everyone was gone. Who did I have to ask for help all those hours? No one except the other 3 girls who also had no team or we had to call the Senior Line religiously to make sure we were doing things correctly. We all had to help each other get by and figure things out. A month later, they bring you back for two more weeks of training to be a Specialist and you learn more about the things you couldn't work on as an Executive. The third month they finally hired a Team Lead and I was assigned but they did not start to actually coach me on things until halfway through the third month. This place likes to talk about being empowered and lifting people up but it has a very fake Family Corporate feel. Promotions are given to those that are loyal to management. If management doesn't like you they'll set you up for failure to create a situation where they might have an excuse to terminate an otherwise great employee. I was fired by someone in the company who I was "friends" with on social media and they reported my posts about celebrating my success for completion of training with the company and also several praises I received from guests as well. Whatever jealousy or personal vendetta they had against me worked. Of course the company won't admit that for the persons protection but, I had made those posts months prior and I had recently not had good relations with the person who reported me. I have never worked for a company that disciplines people for celebrating success with the company they work for. My advice, use this as a stepping stone to increase your customer service and problem solving skills. Unless you are a "teacher's pet" and fit in with the high school clique feel, by all means, they will welcome you with cake and cookies...literally.

Booking.com2019-07-05
  4. "Good beginning but don't stay too long"

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free coffee, good PTO policy, very flexible

Cons

too repetitive and advancing can be hard

Advice to Management

understand employees needs to advance

Booking.com2019-06-13

"Good for short term"

Former Employee - Customer Service Guest Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay for a call center, decent benefits and PTO. Clean office, very diverse and the opportunity for overtime.

Cons

The bonus structure sucks, you have to wait 4 months to earn $500 or $600 (before they tax you 33%). Lots of favoritism, information changes daily and you're not given enough time to catch up. 30 min lunches, the agents who the hire through outsourcing do a half a** job and are not reprimanded for it, as long as their answering those calls.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to all pf your employees not just your favorites, bring back BAM, because the local parties suck.

Booking.com2019-05-13
  6. "Fair Enough"

Current Employee - Customer Service Guest Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company culture and overall a good environment.

Cons

Depending in your location and your job then is either good or bad. They promote themselves as high promotion rate though is not true... even with a master in related field.

Booking.com2019-04-02
  7. "Livable wage"

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Livable wage, good benefits, great employee programs and incentives

Cons

Completely disregards the mental health of their agents.

Advice to Management

Use more empathy with your employees.

Booking.com2018-12-05

"Customer Service Guest Specialist"

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-PTO is very good about 144 hours a year -Medical Insurance is good- Aetna offers three programs- the third one is free, you just contribute money to you HSA account, they also contribute $500 a year for single $1000 a year for family -Paid Holidays- You get time and a half plus 8 hours of PTO or you get double time pay. You also get paid 8 hours if you don't work -Pay is somewhat reasonable- not a living wage in Orlando

Cons

What began as one of the best jobs I've ever has turned into a complete nightmare. The company initially reaped of benefits and managerial staff had empathy for it's employees, we had end of the month catering- noted as Fab Fridays, for the holiday's they would provide food, we had an annual, all expenses paid trip to Amsterdam to learn about the culture, and meet global colleagues. Flash Forward 3 years later, our Fab Fridays are non existent, for holidays they request that we, the employees contribute the food now, they've eliminated the Amsterdam trip and have created a local "Roadshow". The employee experience has gone from 5 star drastically down to a 1 star rating. Something that has shocked a lot of employees because the company is growing exponentially and making tons of money, yet the employees benefits have been slowly taken away. Another negative of this company is that as it is currently growing, trying to become a monster hospitality website, it lacks in consistency with its guidelines, procedures and even its security guidelines . As a Customer Service Guest Specialist, rules, procedures, and important security guidelines change constantly with just an email telling us to review the material and compelling us to learn it ourselves- sometimes our team leaders just tell us about the change but they themselves aren't given enough time to even study the guidelines and therefore provide effective counsel on such changes. The quality team than reprimands you, which in return results in threats by your team lead with Performance Improvement Plans because you didn't adhere to such guidelines. Before there would be training sessions for such drastic changes and they would be discussed in workshops- these workshops are also non-existent. The structure for reprimanding employees is inconsistent as higher management doesn't have a proper checks and balances system to ensure that their team leads are treating employees fairly. An example: Someone that i knew was late every single day for two months and only got a write up, he was favored by his team lead, yet an agent the other day had 3 late occurrences and got the same level write up. The policies are biased and unfair. The environment at this office has always been encompassed with favoritism, what you read in other posts in regards to favoritism is all true. Team leader's have favorites on their team and therefore sometimes sanction some differently than they do others and keep in mind that this can also affect you from growing in this company- again no consistency. The Human resources department is also a joke. They protect the team leads instead of actually listening and INVESTIGATING the concerns brought to their attention by subordinates. There is nothing kept anonymous as Team Leads and HR representatives have close bonds. The code of conduct states that Retaliation is forbidden, but the same employees who reach out to HR in confidence that their concerns will be heard, addressed and rectified eventually end up at the bottom of the food chain and well, let go or fired for "other reasons". Strict scrutiny, i have come to notice, is placed on these employees. Human Resources does nothing about it! For solutions we have to perhaps reach out to Amsterdam to get a positive result but I personally am not certain how effective they do their jobs.

Advice to Management

Upper management need to stop favoring individuals and be impartial- The same advice is suggested to Team leaders. Start being fair to everyone and perhaps by eliminating the formation of 'Cliques" you can turn a hostile work environment to a more positive environment. Amsterdam should honestly put close observation on the way this property is handling employee concerns and issues!

Booking.com2018-12-25

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Guest Specialist in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quarterly bonuses, positive community of peers, supportive team lead management

Cons

Recent company changes have removed many perks and pros of working for the company. Upper management is out of touch with the customer base and recent company initiatives seem unethical and unprofessional.

Booking.com2018-11-14

"Customer Service Guest Specialist"

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment, good incentives, lots of benefits, they listen to what you say and the salary is high for a call center.

Cons

Decreased and eliminated some of the importan benefits, it's not easy to grow and every office is being managed differently when all offices should had the same rules.

Booking.com2018-09-06