Booking.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Booking.com President & CEO Gillian Tans
Gillian Tans

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "I have been working to support different team leaders in different teams" (in 104 reviews)

• "Lack of flexibility, and work life balance" (in 33 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Company I’ve Ever Worked For!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Executive in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Executive in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fruit is free, they pay 50% of healthy meals and 20% of everything else. Catering once a month and pizza randomly ordered. (It seems like they provide food every other day). Free Starbucks coffee, 117 pto hours every 3 months. Casual wear every day. (T-shirt and jeans if you want. Management is all amazing, open door policy, pay is good, benefits are amazing, you get $240 a year to spent on anything you want that is health/ fitness related (Apple watch if you want, gym membership, equipment, etc. They send people to Amsterdam every year. They close down Seaworld and party one a year.

Cons

Nothing. If I really had to pick one thing it would be getting paid bi-weekly instead of weekly, but that’s really if I had to choose one thing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work! I have no complaints.

2. "Good Company to work"

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Benefits are good

The office is really good

Cons

They are taking out some benefits

3. "Great company."

Former Employee - CSE in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - CSE in Orlando, FL

I worked at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Excellent benefits and wonderful staff and managers.

Cons

Schedule flexibility. Only full time positions.

4. "Good company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Booking.com (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, environment and diversity

Cons

Can demand a lot of energy sometimes

"An amazing company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at Booking.com is its culture and values. An amazing place that empower you and helps you to embrace who you are as a professional. The company is always providing trainings to develop your skills. I really love how things changes all the time, not everybody likes it but I love it because there is no way to get bored and beside that you are always learning something new and facing new challenges. I love how the company has been structuring its fields, all internal tools and work around this to improve. The company does everything, go above and beyond to offer the best support ever to partners and guests booking through. Benefits are amazing, getting a percentage off in bookings, help with external trainings, and managers helping with PDP.

Cons

The company should be more flexible with locations to work and expand some interesting positions to others countries/regions beyond Amsterdam. Sadly the big annual meeting that used to be in Amsterdam is not happening anymore but I hope the company finds a way to keep the cultural exchange and region experience exchange.

"A lot of fluxuation"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Booking.com full-time

Pros

Work life balance, PTO, create your own travel schedule

Cons

Direction fluctuates from local to headquarters every quarter. There is no ownership over KPIs, everything comes from upper management. Very micromanaged

"Management sucks and your mental state is not worth the money sometimes."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sometimes they offer free lunches, PTO, overtime

Cons

Management breaks or makes the job and recently management has caused so many people to quit or find other opportunities. I worked there 3 years and had to leave because they hardly offered new shifts. When they did, it always seemed people that sucked up to team leads and management would get morning shifts. Everything changed!

When I started it wasn’t stressful and our main goal was to provide great customer service to our guests. Now they are numbers based when this job doesn’t require any sales or retention of guests.

They make you worry about your talk time, customer satisfaction, your adherence, hold time, your contacts per hour on phones and email, finalize and then make you track every reservation you worked on. Basically the job is being micro managed and are just money hungry.

Booking offered a trip to Amsterdam for conferences but that was cancelled. They are open 365 days, they do not close for any holiday. So chances of you working important holidays are high. I spend my New Years at work when the clock hit 12:00 am, January 1st.

Management will stab you in the back especially if they do not like you. I’ve seen it happen to a lot of people.

Management is bad, favoritism, stressful, dispensable, they don’t care about you.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to micromanage your agents and go back to actually caring for these guests.

"Great Company To Work For!!"

I have been working at Booking.com full-time

Pros

Medical insurance, quarterly bonus, paid holidays, company diversity, laid back atmosphere, the company really loves the employees

Cons

Every quarter the metrics change (what your bonus is based off of), as soon as you get accumulated to the new structure there is a change. I wish the management would not make so many changes every 3 months not only is it annoying but its hard to stay motivated. They took away our yearly company event and made it local which is a bummer.

"Improvement needed"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The customers make the day go by fast.

Cons

Some of the team leads take their job way too serious.
    On the day shift she would like to be more of a parent than a team leader.
    She doesn’t know how to speak to her to team members or coach them no one likes her.
    I would not recommend Booking.com especially with the team lead I have.

Advice to Management

Train some of the team leaders not to be so harsh to their team and I’m sure it would lead to better performance.

"Customer Service Executive"

Former Employee - Customer Service Executive in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Executive in Orlando, FL

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the beginning everything is wonderful. They pride themselves in honoring their employees with monthly potlucks, good benefits, maternity leave, trip to Amsterdam, overtime, Travel benefits. You make friends from all over the world, Pto, decent pay, free fruit.

Cons

The work is very tedious and the micromanagement is overbearing. It is also very difficult to move up in the company since the promotions are not based on merits but companionship with other team leads/CSM. They would much rather hire someone new instead of giving the opportunity to internal candidates and I saw this many times during my time there. Management is not very transparent, in the Orlando office anyway.

-Micromanagement at it’s finest
    -Unflexible with schedules- You have to wait for years to possibly change your shift and when you want to you have to reapply to the position again like if you’re new
    -Seniority mean nothing in this company
    - They say they want good workers and not showponys but none of that really matters as long as you are part of the managers “crew”
    -Difficult to get promoted
    -Inadequate management
    -Tedious work
    -Unreasonable KPI expectations- some things are out of your control and you are penalized for them anyways.
    - The website has so many problems and they rather put the blame on the hotels instead of taking responsability and fixing the issues. ( working here made me never want to book through a 3rd party site ever again)

Advice to Management

Stop trying to buy the employees with all your potlucks and gift and actually fix the problems on the website and get rid of the corruption in office.