Booking.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Booking.com President & CEO Gillian Tans
Gillian Tans

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • the team leaders treat you like a robot (in 64 reviews)

• We could look more into work life balance (in 26 reviews)

"Grand Rapids CC"

Current Employee - Credit Control Team Leader in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Credit Control Team Leader in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Booking.com (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people the people the people. Every day that I get into work, I'm blown away by the great people that I work with. We have people from all walks of life that band together to bring success to Booking.com's collections. The current management team provides every opportunity for personal development and encourage out of the box thinking. This department isn't for everyone though - if you are slow to adapt and unwilling to work as a team, you may want to look elsewhere. Negative reviews on here for this department likely stem from those who were not quick to adapt and outwardly talked poorly about their colleagues. There are often travel opportunities that take you all over the US and Canada, even overseas to Amsterdam. There is an onsite gym, 401k matching, and fresh fruits and vegetables every day. There are many other pros, but if I started listing them, I'd likely never stop.

Cons

The HR team members are rarely on the same page. I've had multiple instances where I receive one answer from someone and the complete opposite answer from another. There is an obvious lack of support and no one really seems to know what they're doing... it causes for extreme frustration for everyone.

There is also little room for growth, if you assimilate growth with promotions. However, there is plenty of opportunity for personal and professional growth that can help you set yourself up for future promotions.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The department is happy and grateful for all of the opportunities that are provided to us.

"The best company I've had the pleasure of working for."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I recently left Booking after working there for almost a year in our Seattle office, however, I have nothing but great things to say about this company. The reason I left was because of some restructuring that heavily impacted our office and I felt like we lost a lot of what made our culture there so great, but that doesn't change my outlook on the company. As an employee, I always felt respected, trusted, and valued by management and the company in general. I felt like I had the ability to make a noticeable impact on an enormous company and that the work I did never went unappreciated.
            Booking is one of the few places that I can say with confidence genuinely cares about each individual working for them, and they prove that by investing in their people, listening to feedback, and following up with any concerns. They treat their people like, well, people, instead of just some cogs in a machine. The company itself is very flat, which I loved. The leadership is really involved and the managers, at least in my experience, always had their team's best interests in mind and did their best to communicate everything with us. There was a good level of transparency compared to other companies, although there is still room for improvement in that area.
            The work I did felt challenging, fun, and exciting. It was right where I wanted to be, where I was directly making an impact on our products and our customers. There is a lot of opportunity to move around quite easily and get experience in a lot of difference aspects of the company. In general, I didn't feel like there was a lack of growth opportunities and I felt that movement was always encouraged.
             Perhaps the greatest parts of Booking are its culture and its environment. It's young, fast paced, diverse, and really welcoming. There is a lot going on all the time and there are opportunities to meet and connect with people from all over the world. BAM, their annual company party, is a great example of the company's effort in maintaining its culture and morale. They even offer to bring you to Amsterdam once a quarter.
             Overall, I really miss working here. If it weren't for the restructuring that happened to our office, I would have stayed for the foreseeable future. I really enjoyed the people I worked with, my managers, our office, our happy hours/office gatherings, the people I met, and everything else in between. If you get an opportunity to work here, take it.

Cons

There really aren't a ton of cons that I can think of. The biggest gripe I had was working with Perl and sometimes feeling like some of the technologies used were a little dated. It was never a deal breaker though because there is room to grow in other areas as well. Another con for me personally was our office mostly moving out of Seattle, but I understand that things like this could happen anywhere due to business necessities. I think the company handled the transition well enough and was generous throughout, but maybe could have provided a little more warning.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue investing in your people, maintaining presence, and staying involved. Don't lose the values and culture that makes Booking what it is today.

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The culture, the people, learning & development opportunities, change, travel, global!

Cons

A lot of change to be expected with a fast growing company, be able to embrace the change and be flexible. Growing can come with some communication concerns, but overall communication has improved.

4. "Customer service exective"

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

18 Paid time off
    A lot of benefits
    Good health insurance
    Great company environment

Cons

Non-cons so far after 6 months

"Accommodation Service executive"

Current Employee - Accommodation Service Executive in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Accommodation Service Executive in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you work with great people, you have good pay, and it's not to demanding.

Cons

the hours suck at the begging.

Advice to Management

Management is getting better!

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, open, friendly co-workers and managers/leaders that truly listen and care - take action on feedback. Love coming to work - fun industry and fantastic benefits.

Cons

We are growing FAST - lots of changes but really that is a pro for most but to be successful and have true job satisfaction - you'll want to be prepared for bringing your A game.

Advice to Management

Stay open, transparent and encouraging - this is a huge plus/advantage over many companies and a true competitive advantage.

7. "Great environment to grow and succeed"

I have been working at Booking.com full-time

Pros

Great environment to grow and succeed

Cons

The pay may not be on par with other call centers.

"Great Company Culture, Fast-Paced Job"

Current Employee - Credit Controller in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Credit Controller in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great company culture, chilled-out and fun atmosphere, approachable management, very nice office space

Cons

not too many growth opportunities result in high competition when they finally arrive

9. "Excellent"

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good benefits
    - Friendly environment
    - Good shifts

Cons

- There aren't really any cons

10. "CSE"

I have been working at Booking.com full-time

Pros

great company to work in

Cons

nothing is negative zero zeroo

Showing 329 of 1,303 reviews