Booking.com Reviews | Glassdoor

1,169 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,169 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • work/life balance: if you're often in the office after 6pm, your manager will ask you, if everything is ok (in 33 reviews)

• Active, high energy and collaborative open work environment (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be improved altough actions are in place (in 25 reviews)

• the team leaders treat you like a robot (in 57 reviews)

"Overall a great company but beware of inter-office politics"

Former Employee - Customer Service Trainer in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Trainer in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment: collaborative, creative, and flexible. They understand employee engagement and strive to empower people. Lots of non-monetary benefits.

Cons

Your experience may vary depending on your team leader and her/his leadership style. There are cliques especially in some of the more established teams that can create negative impacts.

"Only thing they care are metrics"

Former Employee - Quality Leader in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Quality Leader in Orlando, FL

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Their diversity they claim to respect... they celebrate holidays with food.
    The party In Amsterdam the party they tell you you will go but then they tell you you won't qualify I was here for 4 years and only went 1 time

Cons

They stress you out about metrics you cannot control like their CSAT customer satisfaction you have to get 90% or die the system does not works right if the guest thinks for some reasons that they are writing a review for the hotel and they leave a bad one that number goes to you even when the comment says I hated the hotel the point from the csat goes against you... if the guest leaves a bad score by mistake but in the comments they praise your customer service and is an obvious mistake still goes to your score if you are below 90% you get in trouble. I stoped working in booking and was suppose to get my check the following Friday and due to some internal issues got my check one month and half late... they are so de organize that I still have access to my booking email

Advice to Management

Be fair to your staff and if you do something for one do it for all there is a lot of preference and favoritism in the company. I never got my exit interview because the hr looks for who is going to say good things and they get it.... not only waiting for my check but for that exit interview

"AS Executive II"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to deal with partners from all over the world

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

None

4. "Working at Booking.com"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Booking.com (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great work life balance.

Cons

Comp is decent. Tech stack is kind of old.

5. "Growing company - Great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Growth = opportunity for those who align to data-driven and customer-focused company culture. Active, high energy and collaborative open work environment. Some cool perks like 1,000 Euros to spend on travel per year and an annual all employee meeting in Amsterdam. Diversity of a truly global company is fun and refreshing.

Cons

As an e-commerce, fast growth company, some systems and processes are not as refined as a more mature company.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in listening to employees and acting on feedback. Good just this year!

"Booking.com Rocks!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome culture - empowering, autonomous, caring. Management cares, and I feel valued. Compensation + everyone qualifies for bonus. The only reason you don't get bonus is if you're significantly under performing. This is a strong growth company that puts people first.

Cons

If you work best in a box with black and white parameters, this isn't likely the best place for you. They hire people who love to work, are intensely customer focused, and play well with others. They also value humility, which is a rare strength.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. We're winning with customers and we're winning with employees.

"Great Environment, supportive culture."

Former Employee - Customer Service Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company really cares about its employees and does a lot of things for them, all they ask is that you work hard. Great pay, and very interesting work

Cons

The culture can at times be toxic and forceful, and there is a lot of favoritism going on.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, try to recognize everyone not just the people you like!

"better off working for other online travel agencies"

Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fitness reimbursement, commuter benefit, HRA/HSA health insurance.
    Annual HQ conference in Amsterdam after 1 year of service, contingent on manager's approval.

Cons

• High degree of favoritism within a team, excessive office politics between teams, and HR has zero confidentiality
    • Management lacks transparency & constantly changes direction while hiding behind the pretense "Booking loves A/B testing: fail fast, fail often"
    • Pay is below market rate and other benefits (e.g. travel credit) are heavily taxed
    • Management sets ambiguous KPI and cannot commit nor provide the metrics used for performance review (how can employees meet/exceed expectation without knowing the benchmarks)
    • Bonus is "discretionary" - meaning management will find excuses to prevent full payout even if employees exceed target
    • Work flexibility (start/end time, ability to work from home, duration of breaks) depends on personal relationship with the manager, not business needs
    • Employees are often on PIP with little time to demonstrate improvement before they are terminated

Advice to Management

The alarming employee attrition rate (average length of employment is 12-18 months) signifies poor management in North America

"Fast growing, exciting business"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booking.com (More than a year)

Pros

The company has offices all over the world, and the opportunity to build contacts with colleagues is fantastic. If possible you may have the opportunity to work in other offices around the world on an interim basis.

Cons

Scope for career development can be limited in the local offices, but the main hubs, particularly Amsterdam have huge opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication flowing down to grass level, and keep the team motivated. The expansion is rapid, and the company has to have the foresight to envisage the changes needed to succeed, and then be able to implement them quickly.

"Customer Service Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Atmosphere, very relaxed, make great friends

Cons

Very repetitive, late hours, not much raises

Showing 1,169 of 1,215 reviews