Booking.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,253 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • the team leaders treat you like a robot (in 64 reviews)

• We could look more into work life balance (in 26 reviews)

1. "Really good, but better if you move to Amsterdam."

I worked at Booking.com full-time

Pros

Cutting-edge technology, work with people from all over the world, travel frequently depending on your role.

Cons

Limited advancement opportunity outside of the European headquarters.

"Executive customer service"

Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

people, environment, benifits, hour, trainings, medical benifit

Cons

Pay so, so not the best

3. "CSE"

Former Employee - CSE1 in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - CSE1 in Orlando, FL

I worked at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, they do care about their employees, always supporting different ways to comfort all worker to make sure that they have fun and comfort friendly environment to work in
    they support many free stuff and gifts, it is a fun place to work with loads of benfits

Cons

nothing specific for the company, just make sure that you are into this career path and can handle working as CSE

Advice to Management

Keep it up, you are doing a great job.

"B.com - Go-->Grow -->Leave"

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+ Great coworkers- lifetime friendships in some cases
    + Travel Opportunities
    + Good place to start a career- but it will likely be a place you move on from in 2 years especially if you are in a large metro area (Chicago, SF, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver etc).

Cons

The most reviews from early Feb and late January were either written directly from someone in HR or someone still coming off the high of BAM. Fun fact, both were supposedly written by employees in Bellevue/Seattle which is also home to Americas HR leadership.

"Keep doing what you're doing. We're winning with customers and we're winning with employees."

"Awesome culture - empowering, autonomous, caring. Management cares, and I feel valued. Compensation + everyone qualifies for bonus. The only reason you don't get bonus is if you're significantly under performing. This is a strong growth company that puts people first."

If you are in a sales/account management role be prepared to move in order to grow your career . If you are in a HR/Recruiting role you will have zero growth opportunities within the Americas region. If you're in one of these capacities and either have a family or are thinking about starting one please note this will in fact be detrimental to your path at B.com. If you don't believe me check out how many people have left the company in the past 3 years.

Lastly- heading to AMS for the annual meeting is a privilege. A very pricey privilege. If you want to know why your annual comp is lower than other OTAs take a look at BAM = that's where your comp is going.

Advice to Management

Don't pad your Glassdoor reviews - you're better than that.

Figure out how to allow remote work. You allow AMS employees to work remote. You're missing out on great talent who either wants to stay with or work for B.com but can't relocate.

Pay your employees market rate- BAM doesn't make up for comp.

Calling out employees as not being "booking blue" because they expect a competitive salary (especially in top markets - Toronto, SF, NYC, Vancouver Seattle, DC) shows immaturity as a company.

Decide if you want to be a company that offers long term growth potential for employees or if you're okay with being a revolving door of junior talent who outgrows your company. You are a great training ground- but you are basically paying to grow people into their next position - somewhere else.

5. "Great Company to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Executive in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Executive in Orlando, FL

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excelent Training before you get to the floor.
    Good benefits
    Professional company
    My work schedule was Good for me
    Opportunity to growing

Cons

Nothing bad to say to be honest , Guest is number # !

Advice to Management

Jennifer was my team leader Alot people don't like her but I do she was doing a Great job and always by the Book that's call professional person!

"DO NOT WORK HERE!"

Pros

DO NOT WORK HERE!

Cons

This place is toxic, very passive aggressive political work environment, poor leadership, too much gossiping, no growth within the company unless you move to Amsterdam HQ, unprofessional co-workers/team leads/managers!

"Overall a great company but beware of inter-office politics"

Former Employee - Customer Service Trainer in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Trainer in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment: collaborative, creative, and flexible. They understand employee engagement and strive to empower people. Lots of non-monetary benefits.

Cons

Your experience may vary depending on your team leader and her/his leadership style. There are cliques especially in some of the more established teams that can create negative impacts.

"Only thing they care are metrics"

Former Employee - Quality Leader in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Quality Leader in Orlando, FL

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Their diversity they claim to respect... they celebrate holidays with food.
    The party In Amsterdam the party they tell you you will go but then they tell you you won't qualify I was here for 4 years and only went 1 time

Cons

They stress you out about metrics you cannot control like their CSAT customer satisfaction you have to get 90% or die the system does not works right if the guest thinks for some reasons that they are writing a review for the hotel and they leave a bad one that number goes to you even when the comment says I hated the hotel the point from the csat goes against you... if the guest leaves a bad score by mistake but in the comments they praise your customer service and is an obvious mistake still goes to your score if you are below 90% you get in trouble. I stoped working in booking and was suppose to get my check the following Friday and due to some internal issues got my check one month and half late... they are so de organize that I still have access to my booking email

Advice to Management

Be fair to your staff and if you do something for one do it for all there is a lot of preference and favoritism in the company. I never got my exit interview because the hr looks for who is going to say good things and they get it.... not only waiting for my check but for that exit interview

"Just go work at Expedia."

Former Employee - Coordinator
    Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do provide extensive training and if you've been with the company over 6 months, a free three day trip to Amsterdam for the annual company meeting and party.

It is a European based company, so they are very generous in the amount of PTO (18 days), but that's standard anymore with most tech companies. The health insurance is good and the company pays a large portion of the premium.

Cons

Booking.com acknowledges that they pay below market average, but justify this by saying they provide you extensive training (which they should if they want you to perform in such a specific manner) and free snacks (apples, bananas, granola bars) in the lunch room. Having friends who work at Expedia, I found out that they pay nearly double to what Booking.com does.

Note that the turn-over at Booking.com is high; most people don't stay beyond a year. Unfortunately this means that most of the high performing/talented colleagues end up leaving and the ones that stay are consistent average or low performers. You received your quarterly "bonus" based on your overall office performance, which means that low performers are rewarded equally as high performers (they say that high performers get 1-2% more on their bonus). I also found it interesting that we consistently missed our office goal by .2 to 1%, which deducted from us receiving a full bonus.

Management is very, very, very green; most have never worked at another company and were promoted because they've stuck around the longest, not because they have management or leadership talent.

Advice to Management

While promoting from within is wonderful to provide career paths and retain talented employees, it can exceptionally useful in management roles to hire externally and utilize their experience in managing teams.

"freelance translation"

Current Employee - Translator (Freelance)
    Current Employee - Translator (Freelance)

I have been working at Booking.com part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy, similar texts, manageable deadlines, prompt communication

Cons

Payment on the lower end

Showing 1,253 of 1,304 reviews