BookingGo Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
BookingGo CEO Ian Brown
Ian Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Free Breakfast/Fruit/Soft drinks" (in 32 reviews)

• "Great work environment, really feel like I have a voice within the company" (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "Communication between departments/buildings" (in 6 reviews)

• "Getting promoted out of the call centre if they struggle replacing you can be a challenge - my reason to leave the company" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Outbound Sales"

I worked at BookingGo full-time

Pros

Good money, fun work environment, great people to be around.

Cons

Poor management, short breaks, some weekends

"Best company ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, very open and honest and a very transparent leadership team. Amazing diverse and multicultural work environment also

Cons

I don’t find any cons for my workday - the only one and this is being really picky is the lifts aren’t to great to get up there

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, as an employee I know our company vision and also our department vision

"Quick Review"

I have been working at BookingGo full-time

Pros

Fun, friendly, warm, good career progression, diverse

Cons

We are working to iron out some issues, they are being sorted quickly and efficiently

"Better every year"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Team Lead in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Team Lead in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love coming in to work every day. Fantastic offices and a new build on the way. Working with PHP java and kotlin on a fast moving tech stack. Been here 7 years and still cant wait to see what happens next.

Cons

I see a lot of Manchester walking between buildings for meetings. With mighty manc weather thats not always great. On the other hand 2020 is coming!

Advice to Management

Just keep it up. Thoroughly enjoyed 2018 and the start of 2019. Let's booking do it again.

Feb 17, 2019 – People Director

Hi and thank you so much for your review and rating it really is appreciated. Also thank you for your 7 years with the business, you'll have seen a lot of change in that time and have been a key part... More

5. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Support Advisor in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Advisor in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are getting better every year
    Diversity
    Being treated like an equal

Cons

Communication could be better between nights and days

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve worked for Booking Go for over two years and think they are a fantastic company to work for.

The environment is exciting compared to most boring offices / contact centres, they have so many great perks which are easy to take for granted - such as free hot drinks / fruit, subsidised (great quality) meals in brilliantly unusual canteens, great colleagues and free parties, good perks all round, and every time you think they couldn’t possibly get any better they consistently improve.

The company as a whole aren’t afraid to make mistakes and learn from them, and they have a great learning culture, with some really useful and interesting learning facilities.

Great location in the city centre, and that’s only going to get better in the next 1 or 2 years as we move to a purpose-built office on the site of the old Granada Studios - so things can literally only get better.

There are plenty of opportunities to progress within the company and the Leadership are fantastic at keeping you updated on how the company is doing at regular business updates.

Cons

Currently some of the offices are getting a little bit rundown, hopefully they won’t neglect this too much with the new office around the corner. This might be more down to people though rather than the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, i used to dread going to work every day before I started at Booking Go. Now that isn’t a problem

Feb 9, 2019 – People Director

Hiya and wow thanks for your review and rating. It really is appreciated. I promise we will keep working hard to make BookingGo an even better place to work. Thanks Ryan

"Great workplace"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Barcelona (Spain)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Barcelona (Spain)

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The management and people team really hears your concerns and make changes to improve your daily work basis. There is free fruit, juice, coffee and cereals. Great location close to amenities. Multicultural nice environment. Good internal promotions. 2 big parties yearly to celebrate (all paid).

Cons

Salary in BookingGo not equaled to Booking.com employees with same position. Need to improve on IT infrastructure and transparency regarding cancellation policy and terms and conditions. Poor communication about changes and updates between departments.

Advice to Management

Live the company values. Be open to criticism. Lead by example. Manage better communication and changes.

Feb 4, 2019 – People Director

Hi and thanks for your review and rating it really is appreciated. I am glad you think we are a great place to work but as you say there are always areas where we can do better and we are working... More

"Great Environment"

Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The energy in all departments and the friendly atmosphere
    The different opportunities for a career
    Everyone in CS in on the same floor from Managers to Advisors - that's great
    (.... Free breakfast, coffee/tea and fruits all day everyday)

Cons

Communal Areas are sometimes messy but that's up to people to clean

Advice to Management

Please make sure that the communal kitchens are cleaned as they are right on the floors

Feb 2, 2019 – People Director

Hi, thanks for your review and rating it is appreciated. I completely agree about colleagues being responsible for clearing up after themselves. We will keep pushing this. Thanks again Ryan

"Efficient and Friendly Team"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Barcelona (Spain)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Barcelona (Spain)

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team culture, great training, free breakfast and benefits, good communication throughout the training and hiring process.

Cons

In comparison to some sites, the pay can be seen as low but the benefits offered make up for this and employees are offered salary sacrifices that exempt tax (i.e Ticket Restaurant)

Feb 4, 2019 – People Director

Hiya and thanks for your review and rating, it really is appreciated. Pay and benefits is always an area that we keep under review and I'm glad you are considering the whole package. We will keep... More

10. "Mega benefits!"

Current Employee - Sales in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at BookingGo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Holidays, Pension and other perks like free Partys!

Cons

Nothing, great place to work!

Feb 9, 2019 – People Director