Boom Lab Employee Reviews about "industry average"

Updated May 15, 2019

4.1
Boom Lab Founder and CEO Jim Kelly
Jim Kelly
Pros
  • "I see people from the back office at my client every day where we get coffee and catch up(in 19 reviews)

• "LOTS of training opportunities so no excuse to not advance your career(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Boom Lab is not a consulting firm(in 4 reviews)

• "The pay is on the lower end of the industry average but it's part of their business model, being the "value" consulting firm(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "industry average"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "You Really Want to Work Here"

5.0
    Former Employee - Project Management Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Boom Lab full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Continous Training: keeping up on the latest trends in the industry is a must in our fast-paced environment. Boom Lab and ThreeBridge have is covered from week-night to weekend-long training as well as extensive training for new consultants so you come to your client site as prepared as possible. - Working Relationships: there are countless ways to form new connections with your fellow colleagues at Boom Lab. Through happy hours, volunteering events and days spent in the back office, you are truly surrounded by some of the brightest people who are a true joy to work with. - Professional Growth/Support: As a new consultant, I was concerned that I would be left to fend for myself once I arrived at my client; this could not have been further from reality. I was met with continuous support in ensuring my client was the best fit and answers to every logistical question I could think of. - THE Best Clients: each of their clients know Boom Lab for supplying fresh and talented consultants ready for anything that may be thrown their way. From my personal experience, it has been nothing but positive.

Cons

Compensation: this is slightly below the industry average, however, they do seem to be working towards more competitive packages. As has been mentioned in previous reviews, the yearly raise structure is definitely above average.

"Strong Values"

4.0
    Current Employee - Busineess Analyst

I have been working at Boom Lab full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong values that the company embraces daily. Very supportive back office that thinks of you as a person and not just a number. They provide the tools and resources at your disposal. Growing company with a lot of new opportunities on the horizon. Small but competitive with a lot of the bigger firms.

Cons

The pay is on the lower end of the industry average but it's part of their business model, being the "value" consulting firm. Boom Lab prides itself in "being the match". Sometimes you may get stuck on projects that may not align with your career goals per se and there's nothing worse than being on a project for a year+ that isn't geared toward what you want to do. It can be frustrating and sometimes difficult to move out of a misaligned project.

Continue reading

3. "An honest, ethical company with amazing culture"

5.0
    Current Employee - Project Management Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Boom Lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The culture. I have made some of the best connections/colleagues/friends through my position at Boom Lab. Beginning with the training program in the most recent "start class," I have been able to cultivate connections and foster relationships that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to without Boom Lab. - The client atmosphere. I love my assignment--the back office team did an incredible job matching my skillset with client needs. - The training. I was ready to hit the ground running at the client site after 2 weeks of intense training post-graduation. - The support system. I know that if I have any issues with the client/my assignment, I can reach out to my consultant manager and she will be able to support me in whatever ways needed to achieve a positive end result.

Cons

- The starting salary is a bit below industry average (although the raise structure is quite generious compared to industry average).

Continue reading

"Great Place to Begin Your Career"

4.0

I have been working at Boom Lab full-time

Pros

Boom Lab is a great place to start your career. I have had phenomenal training opportunities with quality instructors and a great benefit package. Being a consultant I am able to make connections with various companies and am able to learn from my colleagues at other Fortune 500 clients throughout the Twin Cities.

Cons

Boom Lab is a new and growing company. With this comes ambiguity and changing procedures. This atmosphere is rewarding if you have the right attitude and embrace the change. I also think the salary is a little below industry average.

Boom Lab Response

Communications Manager

We’re happy to hear about your positive experience! As you mentioned, embracing ambiguity and keeping a positive attitude can made a world of difference when encountering the various challenges posed by growing organization. The line between IT and business continues to blur, but we are always looking for ways to improve our consultants’ experiences and appreciate your perspective and feedback. Thank you!

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews