Boom Marketing (San Diego) Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Positively challenging"

I have been working at Boom Marketing (San Diego) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am given all the business tools and resources to succeed. The meeting atmosphere is intellectually stimulating, but also down to earth and fun. Everyone here works together to accomplish a common goal without the "dog eats dog" environment. A safe work environment is important. It's clear everyone who works here is passionate, not just for marketing, but in helping each other grow. I have learned more in the last year than I did in all my years collecting my degree. There is nothing boring about working here!

Cons

This isn't your 9-5pm job. The entrepreneur mindset that is being developed is naturally establishing a higher standard. The more I put in the more I get out. It's not easy, but it's the most rewarding place I have ever worked.

"DO NOT FALL INTO THIS SCHEME"

Current Employee - Sales Person in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Person in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Boom Marketing (San Diego) part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

learned some sales techniques but not much else.

Cons

almost everything, they undermine education and say that there program is equivalent. very low respect of employees, will make you travel long distances and don't pay or gas, say here will be "commission" if we hit a target but never do and horrible schedule have no idea when you will be working

Advice to Management

don't sell a fake scheme be rel and show the real pros and cons

"Work with opportunity for growth and recognition"

I have been working at Boom Marketing (San Diego) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of hours and growth. No cap on performance incentives so I my paychecks have improved every week. Great team environment and training offered.

Cons

Plenty of hours and a learning curve.

Advice to Management

give me more, I can handle it! Advice to other posters: not everything is for everyone. Don't post negative stuff on here if you got fired for not being able to follow simple protocol. I've never seen anyone let go for any less since I've been here. Learn from it and move on. Advice to future team members: remember ANYONE can post ANYTHING online.

"Manager Training Program"

Current Employee - Team Leader in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Boom Marketing (San Diego) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Developing and practicing skills on a daily basis
    -Training
    -Leadership
    -Fun environment
    -Ridiculous opportunities and growth potential.
    -You get to see what you're made of, and capable of becoming. I've personally seen people come in with little to nothing and advance through the program a better person, with a solid business background.

Cons

-Hard work with occasional work/life balance out of whack
    -If you don't go all in, your skill development and paycheck won't be what you expected.

Honestly, most of the negative reviews come from people who didn't go all in, or think that the world somehow owes them something. If you're wanting a clock-in/clock-out kind of job, this isn't for you, and you won't flourish. This is for people who want to find out what they're worth, and want to become something more. The upside of this business is ridiculous (we literally have thousands of stores and dozens of products for these stores, and we simply don't have enough capable people to fill the spots); but you'll only make it through if you push and push hard.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront in the beginning regarding how much hard work it will actually take. There's lots of focus on the potential to turn around and grow into a manager super quickly, but the time frame given is not always the norm; and many people get down on themselves about it at some point or another while in the field if they don't achieve this or that in the time they originally anticipated.

"Under-promote, Over Deliver"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Boom Marketing (San Diego) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I wake up earlier than everyone else in the morning because of the team environment, proven excellence, massive growth potential and minimal boring desk tasks.

Cons

You have to work hard for your rewards with this company. They are there but only for those who are willing to bring their best selves everyday for the client. This is the secret to our projected growth in 2013.

Advice to Management

Keep your foot on the gas.