KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great place to work

Dec 27, 2021 - Software Trainer in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote Work life balance Cool office

Cons

None really Very enjoyable experience Need 5 words but don’t have anything negative to say

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

a

Jun 2, 2022 - Key Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

big pay little me time

Cons

you can do whatever you want and get paid

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Job Description

Jun 15, 2022 - Client Concierge Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

only pro is you work from home

Cons

They do not tell you the truth about what exactly the job is.

4. 5.0

A great place to work

May 25, 2022 - Software Engineer in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Boomtown is a great place to work, management is great. The other software engineers are extremely helpful and attentive.

Cons

If you care about growth, working at boomtown will set you back.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Easy job - low pay

May 12, 2022 - SMS Client Care Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling, easy work, GREAT environment. Everyone was super friendly - Weekly pay

Cons

Super low pay. Impossible to meet metrics if you work a late shift

6. 4.0

Great Side Job

May 23, 2022 - Concerige
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment, not micro-managed, with tons of support, ability to work from home.

Cons

Low-end pay and can feel repetitive at times.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

Reviews

May 19, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

good management and nice team

Cons

not very independent too much drama

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good pay for part time work

May 17, 2022 - Calling Concierge
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay for remote, work from home position. Management wants to make sure calls are of high quality and will help train you to attain goals.

Cons

Not everyone is cut out to push the volume needed to be successful at this job. Don't hesitate to reach out to management for tips & tricks to help you be successful & improve so you can meet goals set for you.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome Company with Growth Challenges

May 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

BoomTown is a great place to work overall, offering competitive salaries and benefits. Their core values are not just something that's posted on the wall in a break room, as the leadership team and individual contributors walk them out in their daily interactions. Prior to the pandemic, the office was not just a place to work but to also have fun and enjoy all the amenities of a google-ish environment.

Cons

The company struggles to manage change throughout the existing organization for the acquisitions. There may be plans for how best to assimilate the staff and systems, but they're not well defined or communicated. This applies as well to new service and product offerings, where the focus is primarily on marketing and sales with the rest of the organization being in a reactive mode. There has also been a significant impact to morale and stability due to the number of long-time employees who have left the company for greener pastures. With most of the new staff being strictly remote, the culture and comraderie is suffering.

BoomTown (South Carolina) Response

Learning Strategist

Hi there, Thank you so much for your feedback. I loved your comment around our Core Values. As a fellow Boomer, you know here at BoomTown we take our values very seriously and try to keep them top of mind throughout each day. I understand your comments around managing change through Acquisitions. As I’m sure you can imagine, integrating two organizations is always a complex process and there is certainly room for improvements to that process. Rebuilding BoomTown culture post pandemic is top of mind for all of us. It’s a new world that all companies are adjusting to but I strongly believe that BoomTown culture will prevail as we continue to stay aligned to our Values. We would love to hear more about your ideas and experiences. Please reach out to your leader to discuss any thoughts or suggestions you might have or you may contact your HR Business Partner at talent@boomtownroi.com. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing the conversation!

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Below Average

Apr 29, 2022 - Client Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not many the job is mundane. No pay raises or incentives for using your home as an office.

Cons

Training and management is LACKING. Cliques and gossip.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 115 Reviews

BoomTown (South Carolina) Reviews FAQs

BoomTown (South Carolina) has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 125 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at BoomTown (South Carolina) to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, BoomTown (South Carolina) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at BoomTown (South Carolina). This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

74% of BoomTown (South Carolina) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BoomTown (South Carolina) 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at BoomTown (South Carolina) to be benefits, management, culture and the cons to be career development, compensation.

Popular Careers with BoomTown (South Carolina) Job Seekers