BoomTown (South Carolina) Reviews | Glassdoor

Grier Allen

1. "Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at BoomTown (South Carolina) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product, great culture, and great people. Everyone here lives by our core values and strive to make real estate agents successful through our products, services, and support. I look forward to going to work everyday. We have a work hard, play hard mentality and being in our 10th year, we've found a nice balance. Employees feel appreciated and taken care of....from our new office, to our employee appreciate events.

Cons

Not really any con's. I've been here 3 years and have experienced a lot of growth, both within the market and within the company and both have been handled well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Feb 23, 2017 – Director of Talent

I think you've said it all! Thanks for your positive review!

2. "YES!"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Charleston, SC

I have been working at BoomTown (South Carolina) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work culture
    dog friendly
    core values
    amazing people

Cons

None.. but if i had to write one thing it would be parking

Feb 14, 2017

Thanks for the 'YES' review! If the note was passed to us in class, we would check the 'YES' box for you as well. Our new space has definitely helped with the parking issue. There is still ... More

3. "Great Place to be"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at BoomTown (South Carolina) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BoomTown strives to be the best real estate crm tool in the universe. The culture is amazing, especially if you like beer and dogs! There's a lot going on at any given point, with lots of things to get involved with outside of your core job. This is a great place to work and play.

Cons

Sometimes they lose sight of the culture/values, at least on the development side. For example, I saw developers get chastised for having to leave work early to pick up sick kids or other family responsibilities.

I only saw one promotion in any of the dev teams. So, if you're planning on getting a better title, you may want to go elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Feb 23, 2017 – Director of Talent

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! BoomTown loves being able to promote internally and we anticipate more opportunities to reward our Boomers as we continue to grow. As we continue on ... More

5. "Customer Success Manager"

I worked at BoomTown (South Carolina) full-time

Pros

Great culture and progressive benefits

Cons

Slow path to advancement- most movement appears horizontal

Feb 8, 2017 – Director of Talent

Thanks for your review! We're always looking to tap into our talent internally, because our employees are our best resource. We love to hear from boomers who think they can help improve, or create ... More

"Best company I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at BoomTown (South Carolina) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an amazing company. Upper level leadership are great and that trickles down to team leaders. Not just a place to do the work, but many opportunities for personal and leadership growth as well. Sales team had great team leaders also and the most team oriented (not cutthroat) sales organization I have been a part of. The company takes care of you not just monetarily, but hold events for appreciation. They care about you as a team member and not just a number. Very much into keeping company culture.

Cons

Constant grind of sales each month and expecting more (however this is the nature of sales and how you win!)

Advice to Management

Keep caring about the employees as you are doing, taking care of them and the company will continue to thrive.

Nov 14, 2016 – Director of Talent

Thanks for grinding out this awesome review! Whether you're employee number 3, or employee number 200, you'll always have the opportunity to grow personally, and professionally at BoomTown. So glad ... More

"Great place to work"

Pros

Great young company with a work environment that facilitates productivity and balance. Management goes to great lengths to ensure that the employees maintain a good balance between work and play.

Cons

There aren't too many cons associated with BoomTown. Parking was an issue but they are moving to a new office space which should take care of that.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people that are focused on getting their job done. Maintain the positive environment you've created so everyone continues working well together.

Feb 8, 2017 – Director of Talent

Wow! We appreciate such awesome feedback. We are in the new space now (good bye parking anxiety) and will have a profile on The Muse soon so everyone can see it first hand! Positivity and ... More

"Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Charleston, SC

I worked at BoomTown (South Carolina) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy going, casual dress, unlimited vacation, can bring your dog to work

Cons

Has a startup culture which isn't great for everyone and can be distracting with dogs running around. It didn't bother me, but if you are looking for a more corporate type of company, this isn't it.

Jun 29, 2016 – Director of Talent

Thanks for the feedback! On that note, it's true- if you're not looking to 'feed' dogs 'back' for kisses, it may not be the best environment for you. Something pawsitive, is that we have 'get sh*t ... More

"I LOVE IT HERE!!!"

I have been working at BoomTown (South Carolina) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am working with some of the smartest, hardest working and nicest people. They really take hiring and culture seriously, so you're working with the best.

Work-life balance, which is so rare these days, is appreciated and encouraged. I left my last company after being run into the ground and I experience none of that here.

The culture is special. My first few weeks I was stunned at how welcome they made me feel. Everyday I met someone knew who would go out of their way to say hi. (Keep in mind I am not in a management or high ranking position.)

The CEO is one of the nicest, down to earth people who truly cares about making amazing software and improving at every opportunity. He makes you feel comfortable to openly communicate, which is also a core value.

Something that rarely gets attention is their opportunities for volunteering with the community. The BoomtownLOVE coordinator is amazing and goes above and beyond to keep you in the know of community events, so you have so many opportunities to give back. The opportunities are SO genuine, and not forced or boastful. They really want to help and give back.

Cons

Since we're still a pretty young company, there are opportunities with structure and tightening up processes. However, the pros greatly outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

As we grow, always remember what makes us special and great. Don't change the culture.

Jun 1, 2016 – Director of Talent

Thanks for your awesome review! Work life balance is extremely important to BoomTown, so we're glad you feel the good vibes. We agree that the endless opportunities at BoomTown make it very ... More

"Amazing Experiences"

I have been working at BoomTown (South Carolina) full-time

Pros

As most BT employees, I relocated to work here because I wanted to be a part of something special. I got that and more. Enough cannot be said about the great company culture here. Bring your dogs in, free beer, innovative mindsets, if you speak you will be heard, freedom to test new projects that can help improve the product/workflow, a TON of company events, a fun atmosphere, essentially where whatever you want, ultimate frisbee at lunch, ping pong, etc. etc. etc. etc. I could go on and on. Great company.

Cons

The pay could be higher for a lot of positions. Although the company culture helps make up for it, they are still behind the industry standard for base pay. There is plenty parking around the office, so I don't see that as a con (walking an extra 100 feet or so is not bad).

Advice to Management

Eventually there will come a time where your good employees will leave the company for higher pay, so I would make it a priority to make sure you are keeping up with the industry standards (at least).

May 4, 2016

We're glad that you feel as if you are a part of something 'special.' We agree that this operation is very special, and every employee is as well. We are always evaluating base pay, and continually ... More

11. "Good place to work"

Pros

Chance to work with some passionate and genuine people, input is listened to and a chance to make a difference to the success of the company.

Cons

Nothing that is a showstopper.

Apr 21, 2016

Thanks for your feedback! Our employees are what makes BoomTown so great- so we're happy you feel so inspired. It's nice to hear that unlike 'Danity Kane' we're not show stoppin'. ... More