Cover image for BoomTown (South Carolina)
Logo

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great place to work

Dec 27, 2021 - Software Trainer in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote Work life balance Cool office

Cons

None really Very enjoyable experience Need 5 words but don’t have anything negative to say

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work with strong focus on work/life balance.

Aug 28, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Title says it all. Strong work/life balance, decent raises, low stress environment

Cons

The work could be more varied / challenging

3. Join the BoomTown (South Carolina) team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0

Ok for side job

Nov 17, 2022 - SR SMS Concierge in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great at work/life balance and undertanding how remote work is done and how to manage it

Cons

Promotion from within is not based on experience but on how well you "get along" with the higher ups. Pay is not equal to work that is being done & metrics are outdated .

5. 3.0
    Current Employee

Borderline Micromanaging

Oct 30, 2022 - Concierge
    Business Outlook

Pros

The couple hundred dollars a week is helpful with this inflation The people are friendly Lots of opportunities to grow within the company from part time to full time Still get some of the tech culture even as a part timer

Cons

Every thing you do is monitored like a hawk Even when you feel like you are improving, the quality assurance team will flag you for something so small You have to ask for permission to step away from your computer. It can bee very repetitive

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome Company with Growth Challenges

May 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

BoomTown is a great place to work overall, offering competitive salaries and benefits. Their core values are not just something that's posted on the wall in a break room, as the leadership team and individual contributors walk them out in their daily interactions. Prior to the pandemic, the office was not just a place to work but to also have fun and enjoy all the amenities of a google-ish environment.

Cons

The company struggles to manage change throughout the existing organization for the acquisitions. There may be plans for how best to assimilate the staff and systems, but they're not well defined or communicated. This applies as well to new service and product offerings, where the focus is primarily on marketing and sales with the rest of the organization being in a reactive mode. There has also been a significant impact to morale and stability due to the number of long-time employees who have left the company for greener pastures. With most of the new staff being strictly remote, the culture and comraderie is suffering.

BoomTown (South Carolina) Response

Learning Strategist

Hi there, Thank you so much for your feedback. I loved your comment around our Core Values. As a fellow Boomer, you know here at BoomTown we take our values very seriously and try to keep them top of mind throughout each day. I understand your comments around managing change through Acquisitions. As I’m sure you can imagine, integrating two organizations is always a complex process and there is certainly room for improvements to that process. Rebuilding BoomTown culture post pandemic is top of mind for all of us. It’s a new world that all companies are adjusting to but I strongly believe that BoomTown culture will prevail as we continue to stay aligned to our Values. We would love to hear more about your ideas and experiences. Please reach out to your leader to discuss any thoughts or suggestions you might have or you may contact your HR Business Partner at talent@boomtownroi.com. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing the conversation!

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

An okay job

Sep 14, 2022 - Onboarding Specialist in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was okay, training was good, had a good and clear routine, very stable, not stressful.

Cons

Sometimes it was too busy and it was a challenge to book all client appointments without working additional hours off the clock.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lack of leadership

Sep 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited time off, not micro-managey, remote as an option, mostly good people

Cons

Serious lack of leadership. Leaders in place are weak and are overly concerned with everything being"fair" and not ruffling feathers that they are missing major problems. Gaslight when you come to them with concerns. Company has so much potential, but will never reach when a few non-leaders run the show.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company!

Aug 27, 2022 - Shift Leader/Manager in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Communication and manager support was phenomenal. I also thoroughly enjoyed my position as a Shift Leader. Great work/life balance as well.

Cons

Workload at times was hectic, but manageable.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

SMS concierge

Aug 1, 2022 - Client Concierge
    Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely love this job, so much support it’s not like any other job I had where they just throw you to work,I love how supportive everyone is to one another, the job itself is easy and self and the growth opportunities is amazing

Cons

Pay is my only concern

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Anonymous

Aug 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall good company to work for

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 124 Reviews
</>Embed

BoomTown (South Carolina) Reviews FAQs

BoomTown (South Carolina) has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 134 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at BoomTown (South Carolina) to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, BoomTown (South Carolina) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at BoomTown (South Carolina). This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

62% of BoomTown (South Carolina) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BoomTown (South Carolina) 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at BoomTown (South Carolina) to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be workplace, compensation.

Popular Careers with BoomTown (South Carolina) Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at BoomTown (South Carolina)? Share Your Experiences

BoomTown (South Carolina) Careers

Cover image for BoomTown (South Carolina)

What exactly is BoomTown? We are 500 doers, makers, and trailblazers on a mission to make real estate agents successful. The software and...More

• Core Values
  • Our Product
  • Locations

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

Logo

1449 days ago

A student, a CEO, a neuroscientist, a professor, an innovation director, an engineer, a tech executive, and MORE - Oh, and did we mention that BoomTown's very own VP of Sales and Marketing, Shannon Williams, was among the greats? Amazing job to every speaker at this year's Charleston Women in Tech meetup. Thanks for inspiring every woman in technology to GSD!
Shared image

BoomTown (South Carolina) Photos

+ Add Photo
BoomTown (South Carolina) photo of: Cheers to 10 BoomTown years!
BoomTown (South Carolina) photo of: Welcome to BT
BoomTown (South Carolina) photo of: These are the items that make a house a home. These items also make for a great game of 'I spy'!
BoomTown (South Carolina) photo of: Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
BoomTown (South Carolina) photo of: When Boomers get tired of sitting at their desks, they can pop into multiple different environments...or alternate universes in this case.
BoomTown (South Carolina) photo of: Sharing knowledge, but not sharing Grandma's secret cookie recipe.
BoomTown (South Carolina) photo of: New Space Sneak Peek

Benefitfocus Logo
Benefitfocus

2.7

Compare

Glassdoor has 134 BoomTown (South Carolina) reviews submitted anonymously by BoomTown (South Carolina) employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if BoomTown (South Carolina) is right for you.