BoomTown (South Carolina) "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

BoomTown (South Carolina) Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Aug 21, 2018

4.2
BoomTown (South Carolina) CEO Grier Allen
Grier Allen
Pros
  • "Everyone here lives by our core values and strive to make real estate agents successful through our products, services, and support(in 8 reviews)

• "Great culture and progressive benefits(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "As the company has grown, it has experience some growing pains(in 3 reviews)

• "No sense of camaraderie among teammates(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best Job I've Ever Had At The Best Company I've Ever Been At"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Charleston, SC

I have been working at BoomTown (South Carolina) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing Culture - super fun environment, not just the gimmicks (dog culture, beer on tap, basketball court). The culture actually matters here. People work hard but have fun. Go For It Attitude - In my 3 years here, I've never felt like there was a ceiling on what I could try to bring to the organization. They have always been encouraging of new ides, different thoughts. They aren't just tolerant of differences in opinion, they are encouraging in seeing them through and coming up with the best solution. Pay has been competitive compared to peers in the same industry or market. Leadership - my leaders have become some of my greatest mentors and friends. My skills and character have been developed tremendously here by my superiors.

Cons

Growing pains of a company going from a small-medium size to a medium-large size have been challenging here. With the growing of the organization, decisions and changes are starting to take a while to enact/put in place. Natural given we are scaling, but make things challenging in a industry that moves so quickly.

BoomTown (South Carolina)2018-08-21

BoomTown (South Carolina) Response

September 4, 2018

Thanks for all of your positive feedback! It's great to be a part of a company with innovative employees that go for it everyday, like you. We would love to hear more about your thoughts on leadership development and quality assurance of prospective hires. If you're interested in sharing your thoughts, please email talent@boomtownroi.com, or come visit your local Talent Team for a chat!

Continue reading
  2. "Excellent place to work!"

Pros

- Gorgeous facilities and great location - Honest & approachable management - Very focused on employee satisfaction - Excellent culture: dog-friendly, open environment, sticks to core values

Cons

- Availability of parking isn't ideal as the company is growing - As the company has grown, it has experience some growing pains

BoomTown (South Carolina)2017-12-11

"Great company, culture and people"

I have been working at BoomTown (South Carolina) full-time for more than a year

Pros

great work environment if you invest in the people, they will invest in you. family culture. management leads by example and they are next to you, not on top of you. work hard play hard atmosphere (love that people play sports/exercise together the technology changes peoples lives core values are lived out by almost everyone at the company

Cons

start ups have growing pains and values, systems communication will always need to be improving. are you part of the solution or the problem? the company is growing at a rapid pace and core values may get lost but need to keep it going!

BoomTown (South Carolina)2013-01-17

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews