Found 22 of over 536 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "8) Patient management is poor" (in 43 reviews)
- "4) Manager observes your exam periodically every day/ week" (in 26 reviews)
- "bad salary and lot of work" (in 10 reviews)
- "Upper management is completely disconnected from what is going on with their staff or from the running of the day" (in 9 reviews)
- "No bonuses or commission made it feel as if it wasn’t worth it." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Boots Opticians and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
Reviews about "poor management"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Dec 30, 2019Optical ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Cam build great friendships depending on the store atmosphere.
Understaffed, Poor management No real path to progression Disabled employees are treated poorly.
- 1.0Mar 11, 2017OptometristCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Benefits package and staff discount card are the ONLY reason for choosing this company.
Where to begin? From a Clinicians point of view: 1) Everything is based around sales and targets- don't kid yourself that you have professional freedom. 2) 'Patient enrichment' is nothing but a punchline- they do not allow/ offer support to achieve this. 3) Highly pressurised environment to convert every patient, OR have a strong amount of documented evidence why that patient did not get a recommendation for glasses. 4) Manager observes your exam periodically every day/ week- only to ensure you are recommending a dispense- they then use this as evidence in your performance review. Is this snap shot view truly representative? 5) Pressure to cram everything into an eye exam slot- no consideration of enhanced service ambition- the manager does not want you to do anything else other than do eye tests/ contact lenses. 6) Little carer advancement- total old boys network 7) Lets talk money: Bonus targets totally unachievable 8) Patient management is poor- the system of booking patients means you are 20 minutes behind, this obviously has knock on effects on patient perception and satisfaction, not to mention your 'lunch hour'- its actually 20 minutes at best.6
- 2.0Feb 23, 2021OptometristCurrent EmployeeBournemouth, England
Company has a good reputation
Poor management Mixed paper and computer records with no coordination, very inefficient Old equipment Tatty building with poor staff amenities1
- 3.0Jun 8, 2022OptometristCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
The benefits: Amazing pension, staff discount, sick/maternity pay
Poor management who provide a lack of support in store. Always short-staffed. Have to threaten to leave in order for your salary to be increased.2
- 3.0Nov 27, 2019Optical ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearChichester, England
*Staff discount 70% off glasses *Discount card for main boots store *Some staff nice *Uniform given
*makes you cover up tattoos *Poor management *Company claims they care about staff mental health, THEY DO NOT *Management take a blind eye to favourites *Values all wrong, company was good but now want you to overcharge customers on things they don't need Lack of resident Optician always using locoms1
- 2.0Nov 1, 2021Optical ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsColchester, England
Great staff team on the floor, all muck in together to try to get through the day
Poor management, don't listen to their staff, dismissive of everything that's said to them1
- 2.0Mar 20, 2022OptometristCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Nothing really, this company have sadly gone downhill.
Poor management Lack of respect for clinical staff1
- 2.0Dec 24, 2021Optical AssistantCurrent EmployeeBathgate, Scotland
Job can be interesting at times Closed over Christmas
Expected to go above and beyond everyday for minimum wage Spoken to like crap from customers Poor management who don’t have a clue