Boots Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Elizabeth Fagan

1,271 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work collegues and great and good pay (in 134 reviews)

• Temp employees still got to use the staff discount card (in 108 reviews)

Cons
  • Heavy lifting and standing for long hours (in 65 reviews)

• Work life balance needs a little adjustment (in 23 reviews)

"Standing in a Target cosmetic isle sucks."

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Wellington, FL
    Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Wellington, FL

Pros

Target discount was the only good thing about the job.

Cons

No benefits and had to carry supplies from my car

Advice to Management

Give it up, good luck the turnover for this position is multiple.

Apr 14, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

"Poor Sales Experience"

I worked at Boots full-time

Pros

Good starting pay for little sales experience job and all training. Compensation for gas mileage.

Cons

Very short, brief, and unsatisfactory training program. I was a beginner to sales as well as many of the other trainees, and after training many of us were not well prepared for the environment. We were placed in a field competing against other well-experience sales associates which was very uncomfortable and intimidating. This job experience made me hate sales and never want to work in a sales role ever again in my life. Although there was compensation for gas mileage, driving was a hassle, especially when management had the opportunity to place us in store locations close to the areas we lived by.

Advice to Management

Better training program and more assistance to help employees who are beginners to sales.

Jul 27, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We offer a variety of training courses, leadership programs and mentoring programs to colleagues at all levels of the company. We appreciate your... More

"Very disappointing, misleading, and no room for growth or acknowledgement from corporate."

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Boots full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really love working with my customers. They are the reason why I love my job.

Cons

After 3 1/2 years of corporate saying we were the driving force of the company , they are laying off all Ba's with no explanation or concern for the hard work we did for them. Promised room for advancement and was completely lied to. They used us to get the brand name exposure and once we succeeded they decided to lay us off. And they do not value their employees at all.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to the employees. Start to acknowledge the hard work they do. Create positions for employees to move up. Corporate needs to start treating the field employees better.

Jun 8, 2016 – Recruitment Coordinator

We appreciate you sharing your views and we take these kinds of comments seriously. We will escalate this further.

"Very misleading"

Pros

The only driving force I had was to be there for my customers who were with me from day 1.

Cons

After being there from the beginning of the launch in NYC, they decided to lay off all of the beauty advisors. They have completely lied to everyone making us believe there was potential "growth" within the company which was complete crap. The only growth they had was obviously those in the corporate company hierarchy and got rid of the little people or what they like to cover up as "the driving force of the company". It's all BS, it's the typical speech they want to give everyone in order for the advisors to work harder in order to get their brand to become a household name. They used us and made us exactly how we feel now, worthless. We are now left either jobless or offered a different position with their partner company for more work and less pay (pretty much modern day slavery). They sold people a dream and gave all of us a pink slip and a middle finger at the end.

Advice to Management

You don't need advice, you already know what was done but of course you don't care because you still get your 6 figure pay checks while many of us will be struggling by or on the unemployment line.

Sep 13, 2016 – Recruitment Coordinator

We are sorry to see you aren't having a great experience in one of our stores. We take feedback very seriously and will share this with senior management.

"Corporate office"

Former Employee - District Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - District Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Boots full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large mass retailer for Cosmetics

Cons

Awful senior management organizational structure constantly changing no communication or positive direction

Advice to Management

Better communication with field positive direction and guidance

Feb 28, 2017 – Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We will share this with senior management.

"Brand Ambassador"

I worked at Boots full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products and great value

Cons

Stock controlled by Target, Goals set by Boots. Do Not support each other. Impossible situation. Many inconsistancies, Much upheaval with no warning to the employees, loss of hours and benefits with no recourse.or care, After 3 yrs, I could no longer accept the lack of honesty, work ethics, or even ethics as a company. Once the new CEO started to chase the money , they forgot about those who put it there. See them loosing their footing in Target and going to be just another dirty group of makeup on the shelf at Ulta.

Advice to Management

what has made you unique and special is disappearing. Take better care of the BA's and they will take better care of you.

7. "Long job and boring, but paid the bills"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Guildford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Guildford, England (UK)

I worked at Boots part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting paid, was interested. basically stacking shelves....

Cons

Everything else, long hours, low pay. poor management

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff

"Right ideas, wrong people, perhaps"

Pros

Good development prospects if you are willing to give your all...

Cons

Falseness amongst management. Unorganised changes

"Unbelievable pharmacists are treated as menial vassals overseen by unqualified bullying managers, petrified of Co."

Former Employee - Pharmacist Store Manager in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Pharmacist Store Manager in Liverpool, England (UK)

I worked at Boots part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent staff discounts. Absolutely wonderful staff who deserve far better treatment.

Cons

Long hours, difficulty getting any meal breaks,exploitative staff treatment and disgracefully low remuneration. If you are prepared to submissively do as your ordered you will probably be OK.

Advice to Management

Reinstate pharmacists as highly trained professionals. Get rid of the climate of fear which stalks the company and look after your staff, they are far better than you deserve.

10. "BOOTS"

Pros

NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE

Cons

Worked in Boots as a christmas temp and the people I worked with were horrible! Very few of the more experienced staff were willing to help out and most were downright nasty. The manager favourited her friends and she never had to do any work. Was given to "opportunity" to apply for a permanent position at the end of the contract which was supposed to be done fairly on the basis of an interview but instead the manager just decided who she liked and the people who sucked up the most were given the job. In fact it was later revealed that one of the positions was in fact "made" for someone so everyone else in the running had no chance at all but were not aware of this.

Advice to Management

Sort out your staff.

Showing 1,271 of 1,355 reviews