Boots Employee Reviews about "long hours"
58% would recommend to a friend
(397 total reviews)
61% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay was good for someone my age (£10 per hour) and we also got free makeup" (in 610 reviews)
- "Friendly staff and easy to get on with" (in 423 reviews)
- "The people I work with are all nice people and generally enjoyable to work alongside." (in 334 reviews)
- "colleagues are friendly and helpful" (in 322 reviews)
- "Very helpful when starting and training was good." (in 186 reviews)
- "Poor management; timetabled me too many hours and didnt listen when i told them." (in 511 reviews)
- "managers don't know what they are doing they bully there staff especially in central london stores" (in 265 reviews)
- "6pm shift = long hours to be on your feet all day (can't sit down at the tills)" (in 226 reviews)
- "Rude and arogant bosses and long hours." (in 66 reviews)
- "Sick pay and more time off at Christmas" (in 49 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Boots and is not affected by filters.
Found 397 of over 7K reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "long hours"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Dec 10, 2021Warehouse WorkerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNottingham, England
Straightforward job with not many difficulties; friendly staff and employees
Unpaid lunch breaks; cannot listen to music whilst working so when working long hours can be mentally exhausting!!
- 4.0Jun 27, 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great pay, shifts and managers are very helpful and friendly
long hours of constantly running around the shop floor and standing for long period of time
- 4.0Nov 27, 2021DispenserFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Fair pay for retail, good training available
Long hours and not enough resource especially for dispensing of carehomes
- 4.0Jun 30, 2016AssiatntFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
friendly co workers and staff
long hours and lack of flexibilityBoots Response8y
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
- 1.0May 28, 2014Customer AssistantCurrent Contractor, more than 5 yearsManchester, England
The staff discounts are ok and the majority of the staff are friendly and easy to work with. Training is adequate and the uniforms are ok.
zero hour contracts. not being able to sit when you are on the tills all day. the company does not care about its staff or job satisfaction, you rarely get any praise for great or outstanding work. Boots went through a ''re profiling'' in recent years to change staffs contracts, if you did not agree with their new terms you were eventually let go. This mainly effected long term staff who had flexible working hours (which they no longer do).
- 2.0Sep 5, 2016Sales AssistantFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Varied roles available (on tills, stock control, relief at other local stores) Good amount and length of breaks (1 hour lunch and two 30 min breaks) Staff discount Got given flexible hours on zero hours contract when I went to uni
9am-6pm shift = long hours to be on your feet all day (can't sit down at the tills) No progression Horrid uniform Didn't feel valued at all, was just a cog in a machine Was underpaid quite a few times and took a lot of effort to get it changed Can be very busy when understaffedBoots Response8y
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We will share this with senior management.