KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Boots

Engaged Employer

Boots

Add a Review

Boots Employee Reviews about "management"

Updated Aug 10, 2022

Found 1,223 of over 5,753 reviews

3.5
Boots Senior Vice President and Managing Director Sebastian James
Sebastian James

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management; timetabled me too many hours and didnt listen when i told them.(in 418 reviews)
  • "managers don't know what they are doing they bully there staff especially in central london stores(in 213 reviews)
  • "6pm shift = long hours to be on your feet all day (can't sit down at the tills)(in 190 reviews)
  • "Long hours standing(in 50 reviews)
  • "Short breaks that were sometimes late(in 36 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Boots and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Oct 27, 2020 - Sales Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely staff and a great atmosphere especially at Christmas time.

Cons

Management is not very well organised and had issues with wages in 2 different locations. Multiple managers left during the 3 years I worked there.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Feb 13, 2021 - Trainee Pharmacy Advisor in Aberdeen, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee discount is quite good. 20% on boots own brand and 10% on everything else. Means meal-deals are less than £3! Busy work environment so the shifts go quickly. Online training for work. Easy online payroll management

Cons

The boots I worked in were too busy to take time to train me as a pharmacy advisor, which is why I eventually left. I think this is not typical and was due to various reshuffling of management and a very understaffed store.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Time at Boots as a customer service assistant.

Nov 18, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good discount & a nice clean place to work.

Cons

At this particular branch the management seemed very 'cliquey' and spoke down to new members of the team. Very rude and often making snide and disrespectful comments.

1 person found this review helpful

Boots Response

Thank you for sharing this insight.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It was okay

Mar 15, 2021 - Christmas Sales Assistant in Lancaster, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Worked on the fragrance counter; interesting to learn about -Decent pay

Cons

-Very stressful during busy christmas periods. Understaffing meant it was difficult to cope with all of the customers -As a temporary worker i wasnt given that much training and was thrown into the deep end. Wasnt taught how to issue returns/refunds which made me reliant on other staff who were often busy with their own tasks. -Very cliquey; as a temporary worker was difficult to make friends with colleagues who were unfriendly and had tight knit existing groups -Poor management; timetabled me too many hours and didnt listen when i told them. Ended up realising by which point i had become really ill from working long and stressful hours

5. 4.0

Great company

Jan 22, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Had a nice with both management and staff..very welcoming right from the first day. So i enjoyed my work all thru even though i was just there for the xmas period and was not taken on. Not so sure if i would be paid again as i worked a week more before my contract ended..was paid on 19th as payday for workers after working for like 3weeks,but my contract ended 28th..can someone help in this please..a bit confused.

Cons

Had really long queues especially weekends and we were a bit short on weekend staffs..so i had to shuttle btwn stocking shelves and working at the till. And alsi standing for hours without even resting until lunch break.

Boots Response

Thank you for your feedback. I advise you to contact your Line Manager to find out more about your pay. We are grateful for all your feedback.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Always understaffed and management unwilling to recruit!

Sep 30, 2019 - Pharmacy Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good as a first job if you want to gain experience working with the public. Was signed up for the Pharmacy Advisor Programme which leads to an NVQ qualification upon completion. Course was interesting - would recommend to those with an interest in medicine/going into nursing etc. Benefit of a staff discount card as well as double discount days.

Cons

Always understaffed making it a very tense and stressful working environment. Often had to work overtime/miss breaks because of lack of staff, and this overtime was often not made up in lieu. Pay does not reflect the amount that is expected of you. Management failed to recruit despite understaffing, claiming that we were in fact 'over budget'! Patients and customers understandably get very irate due to poor management and this is taken out on the staff. The pharmacy has become increasingly target-based, with those targets being very unrealistic!

7. 3.0