Borla Performance Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Borla Performance Industries Reviews

Updated March 9, 2017

Alex Borla

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"I love my job at Borla as well as Management and Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

I have been working at Borla Performance Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Team Environment for those who have goals, work hard and want to move up.
    Great Employees to work with that are supportive of each other
    Friendly environment for those new to the company
    A company that really knows what the customer wants and works hard to exceed their expectations
    Supportive of personal goals and they give you a chance to advance if you have the needed skills
    Borla is a career not a job choice.

Cons

Employees that join Borla that aren't supportive of the company attendance system which is a fair and equitable system. Some people just don't understand that you need to come to work on time and work an 8 hour day

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and I am thankful that you are in the area.

Sep 19, 2016 – Human Resources

Glad to hear you love it at Borla! We value our employees and look forward to many more years with you!

2. "No heart, lacking in management and pay."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Pros

Job for now, but that's about it.

Cons

Pay not commiserate with work. Only one supervisor worth a darn. Management is full of favorite playing , self centered people. Owner only seems to care about his friends, family, and those who kiss his butt. If you don't believe last statement then get a job here, you'll see. Supervisors who tell people to pack and ship poor quality or totally wrong systems continue to be employed dispute their ineptitude. No retirement plan after 9years in Tn. Insubordinate employees allowed to keep on working though not doing their jobs as instructed. Point system abused like no bodies business by favorites and butt kissers. Drug deal reported but dealers allowed to maintain employment. Cheating on drug screens reported but no consequences. All in all, work in a prison and you would have more rights, fair treatment and rules enforcement. Oh yeah and better and more caring management.

Advice to Management

Quit and let some more educated and caring people who don't show favoritism take over.

Oct 18, 2016 – Human Resources

Borla values your input and would like to ask that you speak with Human Resources so the mentioned concerns can be addressed. Borla is not a job it is a career and we wish that for all our... More

"Assembly"

Former Employee - Assembly in Johnson City, TN
    Former Employee - Assembly in Johnson City, TN

I worked at Borla Performance Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Weekly pay check good people to work with bad supervisors no contact with upper management

Cons

Horrible management owner doesn't even talk to his employees to see what's going on in production

Advice to Management

Need to see where there money is going loosing alot of money

Sep 19, 2016 – Human Resources

We are sorry that your employment did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is valuable and we thank you for it!

"Fun people to work with, bad place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

I worked at Borla Performance Industries part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have the ability to work overtime. I met a lot of cool people that were fun to work with. If you get along with management then your time there will be fun.

Cons

-Low pay
    -Management had NO respect for their employees and were always yelling.
    -Very short breaks
    -Mandatory overtime and you got a point if you left early.
    -Not easy to call off if you were sick, even with a doctors note or a hospital note you got a point for each day.
    -They hire their children that are still in high school to work in the warehouse or even in the office and they get paid as much as the welders.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees - they are the only reason you make so much money.

"Borla Performance.... is it for you?"

Current Employee - Production Mig Welder in Johnson City, TN
    Current Employee - Production Mig Welder in Johnson City, TN

Pros

Steady paycheck with no issues. Helpful, friendly co-workers. Nice NORMAL hours, 7am-3:30pm

Cons

Low pay rate. Lack of respect for workers, especially being spoken to as if you were in middle school. Short, 30 minute lunchbreaks with NO close restaraunts. Even shorter 10 minute break times.

Advice to Management

Realize that your workers are all adults, and not children that need to be spoken down to. Also realize that your workers have a life outside of the buisness and most dont enjoy working 10 hours a day, five or six days a week.

A happy worker is a good worker!

6. "Excellent place to work!"

I have been working at Borla Performance Industries full-time

Pros

Borla is a great company to work for! They have been extremely good to me, but I work hard and don't cause any problems. I know I have to be here to be successful and know that if I miss work that I will accrue attendance points.

Cons

The attendance policy could use a little tweaking. I understand that there has to be a policy in place, but being pointed when you use sick time seems a bit excessive to me. It's almost like you are enticing the employees with the sick time, but daring them to use it knowing that you're going to get pointed for it. That just seems counterproductive to me.

Advice to Management

Work on the attendance policy a bit and talk to the employees to see what they are feeling about the company. You can get great information from your employees!

I would also re-evaluate the pay structure because it seems a bit lower than what I'm used to seeing.

Sep 19, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your input. We are working on incentives and some updating of the attendance policy.

7. "Employees"

Pros

The employees who work there

Cons

Management needs a lot of work

Advice to Management

There are good people that work there, including some of the management, however, several need management training, several supervisors are just plain lazy, standing around on their cell phones playing games on the internet, while everyone else is working. And the others that manage the facility need to have compassion and understanding for the workers with families. One final thought for the owners, Alex and Elise, if you want to continue to have a successful company, remember that if an employee misses a day or two of work, don't be hard on them, it's not what they didn't do for a day or two, think about how much they've done while they are there, employees are worth more than that.

"Best Job Ever"

Pros

The management is very respectful and supportive towards the employees. They really know how to show their appreciation.

Cons

There are no cons at all.

Advice to Management

You guys are the best!!!

Sep 19, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We value our employees!!!