KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 119 of over 222 reviews

3.6
Bosch Sicherheitssysteme CEO Volkmar Denner
Volkmar Denner
Pros
  • "Very friendly and equal working environment(in 11 reviews)

• "Work culture is very good, environment is awesome(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No local North America based product and technology decision making other than sales and marketing(in 5 reviews)

• "medical insurance(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Love This Place

Jun 12, 2021 - Electronics Technician in Lancaster, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to learn from a variety of skilled engineers.

Cons

Its a 40 minutes drive from my house!

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

The old boys club

May 6, 2019 - Supply Chain
      Business Outlook

Pros

Job security & benefits would be the only pros for working at a Bosch business unit

Cons

Incredibly dull workplace. Feels like a place where careers go to fizzle off/die. A huge disappointment is that Bosch rarely looks within their own walls for management roles, they would rather bring in most management from their home base in Germany or other outside sources. Although it is interesting to work with many foreigners on a day-to-day basis, Bosch's close minded technique with filling open roles from outside candidates makes it nearly impossible to advance in any way. And if you are female, your odds of advancing are exponentially reduced as the Bosch atmosphere is sometimes referred to as the "old boys club" and they definitely hold true to this. A very high majority of management are male. And the females I saw in management usually were not respected or listened to in the same way as their male counterparts. Pay is very low with no yearly bonus'. Before leaving I had looked around at other companies and found I was being compensated around 10-15% below industry average for my position. Management has almost no control over employee pay raises. Every penny spent needs to be approved by certain levels of controlling management. These levels of red tape frequently interfere with other aspects of everyday business as well.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Negative Hotspot

Oct 1, 2019 - Engineer in Burnsville, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

EV promotes engineers and has a stable and healthy environment. Good place to join if you are 50+ and just want to draw a paycheck. Stable environment.

Cons

Unless you are working for the EV guys (electrovoice), this place is pretty negative and discouraging. The negativity of the management, the sheer number of middle managers, the lack of market level compensation and lack of work-life balance makes this a very undesirable place to work. For young engineers mentoring is almost non existent and blame game is in full flow. CYA and red tapes all over the place. There is very little from a career track standpoint.

4. 5.0

Great people

Sep 5, 2019 - Intern - Hourly
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience, good people all around

Cons

Not the highest pay, necessarily

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Is ok but limited opportunities to grow

May 10, 2019 - Tech Support Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a good place, good environment

Cons

since it is a very small dept the growing opportunities are very limited

6. 2.0
      Former Employee

Toxicity Levels

May 16, 2019 - Program Ready Trainer in Burnsville, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people were awesome. I worked for a small division within Bosch Security Systems.

Cons

Very racist management. The board of directors are as white as the eye can see. The conditions I was exposed to was nothing short of the German concentration camps.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Want to time travel back to the 1950's?

Feb 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The only positive comments I have- was I did receive a 4% raise due to my performance and benefits met market standards

Cons

Warning: to any educated, successful, driven, intelligent business woman- if you are looking at being treated as a professional and seen as an equal with your male colleagues and with a predominately male management team- Bosch is not the place for you to hang your hat. It is the quintessential "good ole boys" club and the level of sexism is unlike any other global organization I've been apart of. The wage gap between myself and my fellow male colleagues with the exact same job, responsibilities, years of working experience, and in some cases even lower levels of education was at minimum $3,000 (validated by HR). Being a consistent top performer not only in my team, but nationally ranked, I was hoping for advancement and recognition. Instead I was told by multiple management personnel that I would not be given the same opportunities as my male counterparts due to me being a female. I'm not joking. I repeat- I'm not joking. This discrimination still exists. It is alive,well and very embedded into the Bosch culture. So in fact, that they had to institute an internal club named "Women @ Bosch" to bring awareness of the equality that SHOULD be prevalent in their corporate culture but is far from reality. This organization is living in the 1950's - not 2017. If you're seeking room for advancement, recognition, and respectful communication- Bosch will not be a good cultural fit for any successful driven females.

5 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Current Employee

Rewards knowledge of the company more than knowledge in field.

Mar 1, 2011 - Training in Burnsville, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bosch is a large company with multiple divisions, which means changing from a sales organization to a business unit, for example, can make a big difference. The structure changes almost yearly, so if you don't like your current situation, just be patient! They are very balanced with home/work situations, time off, etc. They grow through acquisition, so new opportunities are always around the corner.

Cons

In order to get promoted, one is usually best to get a broader knowledge of the company, by changing careers inside the company. They want to make employees more valuable to them by make sure they know more about the company, but are worried about employees becoming "too good" in their field, which might make them more valuable outside the company. If you eat, sleep and drink Bosch, you can succeed here. After all, we are all lucky to work under the name Bosch. It is almost a religion. Managers are assigned positions and personal initiative is almost frowned on because it gets in the way of the org chart they've already created. As others have said, if you aren't German, good luck moving up the ladder. Bosch is too structured. They have no room for flexibility and do not believe in empowerment or trust of employees.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Monotony is the name of the game

Feb 28, 2011 - Finisher in Excelsior Springs, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

working as i do one of the perks is regularity you know when your gonna work and what your doing at all times the job doesnt change and you arent expected to do things outside of your job description.

Cons

there aren't allot of option for growth unless you want to risk your skin literally with burns or have the chance to crush yourself on a daily basis. the monotony can be rather bothersome as you have the smae underlying noise running through your ears and even if you have ear plugs in you are just stuck with silence for 12 hours. if we were allowed to place one earphone in connected to an mp3 or soemthing the job wouldnt be as taxing.... ive seen people get really agitated and agravated if we had some sort of thing to break up the drone it would be more bearable...but we cant cause its againts the current rules because a few people ruined it for everyone.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Every corporation has its issues, but here there's more to love than hate.

Sep 15, 2015 - Technical Writer in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. Highly diverse workforce. Monthly "sport competitions". BINGO. Holiday luncheons and gift cards. Free health screenings. Tranquil setting. Cafeteria.

Cons

There are always things to complain about if you look for them. I have worked for many companies in my day and Bosch is one of the best. If there is one area most in need of improvement, however, it is unrealistic deadlines from the moment of project approval to the moment of product launch. We continually sacrifice quality for the sake of speed to market. Timing is important, but surely not at the cost of quality.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 119 Reviews