Cover image for Bose

3.8
Bose CEO Lila Snyder
Lila Snyder

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and products!(in 176 reviews)
  • "Good benefits which starts immediately!(in 94 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is good(in 85 reviews)
  • "Great culture of respect and a fun place to work with other like(in 74 reviews)
  • "Good pay and hours.(in 54 reviews)
Cons
  • "The hardest part of working for this specific store was the inadequate management and poor organization my managers seemed to lack.(in 63 reviews)
  • "4 leardership changes in the past 4 years and many layoffs(in 44 reviews)
  • "Terrible upper management (Director up to President).(in 35 reviews)
  • "Low salaries as compared to other retailers(in 28 reviews)
  • "Account managers and senior leadership have a drink the kool aid and head in the sand approach.(in 26 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bose and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company Great company

Oct 2, 2022 -  in Framingham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work on and experience great products. Managers, technical leads and coworkers are all competent and you can learn from them. The pay is pretty good.

Cons

Code for the wearable products is written in C so not a lot of opportunity to develop skills with an object oriented language. Speaker code is written in C++ so better opportunity there.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Very Good

Jan 28, 2023 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I liked their work-life balance.

Cons

I did not like their campus.

3. Join the Bose team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0

Poor Middle Management

Jan 17, 2023 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong engineers with tons of experience

Cons

There are a number of people, especially within engineering that have climbed the ladder due to tenure rather than skills. These folks were put in charge of programs and responsible for decisions they were unqualified to make. Bose has a great lifestyle with work/life balance, but it’s age has shown for a while. There’s a clear lack of diversity, people are hanging on to what it used to be in the 90s, and management is so-so. There are still some incredible engineers there, but talent from other functions have clearly found opportunities elsewhere and left.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good corporate culture, but can't promise bright future

Jan 20, 2023 - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture, and good people. Employee discount program You can learn about 'sound'

Cons

Becoming legacy Remaining in the old days

6. 5.0

Fun place to work

Jan 17, 2023 - Engineer in Framingham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome campus and company run events. Really emphasize individuals to be creative

Cons

Normal corporate politics annoying to maneuver

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Wonderful culture and teams

Jan 16, 2023 - Marketing Manager in Framingham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work with excellent work life balance.

Cons

Big corporate machine so lots of red tape.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Clown fiesta management spitting on the legacy of Dr Bose

Aug 3, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Framingham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

respectful, actually very nice people in general. I've never encountered drama or back stabbing behavior like at other companies. Free audio hardware. Smart people (in the past).

Cons

Bad engineering. Seniority is the only thing that matters for advancement. I've seen jr engineers picking up the slack for their lvl 3 or 4 peers. It makes jrs very salty to make half of their incompetent peers and the bad seniors very with no motivation to improve. Until the mass layoffs the past few years, it seemed nobody was let go for being bad at their job. They would always figure something out or rotate you to another dept. Bose engineering was basically one big works program. Good if you were bad, terrible if you were competent. Non-sensical decisions seemed to be everywhere, with no repurcussions for the idea's originators. IE not knowing how to evaluate good talent, leading to not having engineers on hand to execute pretty straightforward apps and services, hiring contractors for 700k a head to do the work, then halting all work and firing contractors, as the budget predictably runs out. The saddest thing is that a lot of decent people loved the company and tried to do everything in their power to keep the legacy alive. I knew of engineers and managers who took a lot of flack for pushing back against absolutely non-sensical decisions. People slowly trickled out after realizing it was a futile effort until eventually there was nobody left to keep the torrent of bad decisions back.

7 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Bose Corp

Jan 10, 2023 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture, exciting work, lots to learn

Cons

Many changes in the company direction

10. 2.0
    Former Employee

One of the worst working environment

Jan 11, 2023 - Sensior Systems Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the technologies used are cool

Cons

The management style and attitude toward people is the worst by far

11. 4.0

Dec 19, 2022 - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team to work with, fun atmosphere, competitive

Cons

Do not have any cons about this company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,532 Reviews
</>Embed

Bose Reviews FAQs

Bose has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,829 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Bose to a friend and 39% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bose employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bose. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

67% of Bose employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bose 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Bose to be benefits, culture, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Bose Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Bose? Share Your Experiences

Bose logo

Bose Careers

Cover image for Bose

We're uncompromising innovators. We’re addicted to innovation. It’s what keeps us going, and why curiosity and imagination are so...More

• What We Do
  • Why We Do It
  • Reach Your Potential

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

267 days ago

Culture
We recently celebrated the start of a new fiscal year- and so we chose to celebrate in style! At our corporate headquarters in Framingham, as well as at events around the world, we paused to convene and enjoy time with friends, food, and fun. Spending an afternoon at work with free food, beverages, live music, product demonstrations and giveaways, games.... not a bad way to start the year! Thanks to all the employees who came together to make this event series great.
Shared image

339 days ago

Culture
Black History Month is an annual reminder to reflect on the impact Black people and Black culture have had on the world. This year, we celebrate Black musicians who used their art to give a glimpse into the Black experience. When speeches don’t say enough and snapshots don’t capture the full picture, music has the power to connect us as humans so we can shape our future together. As part of our internal Black History Month celebration, we were thrilled to have two music scholars — Kyle Brooks, PhD. from the Methodist Theological School in Ohio and Deborah Smith Pollard, Ph.D. from the University of Michigan-Dearborn — lead us in conversation about the important role Black protest music plays in uniting all who care about racial equity.
Shared image - Black@Bose: Music is Black History
Black@Bose: Music is Black History
dms.licdn.com

Bose Photos

+ Add Photo
Bose photo of: United Way Bose Gives
Bose photo of: SWE
Bose photo of: Ice Cream Party at HQ
Bose photo of: On the top of the mountain
Bose photo of: Marketing Team Bose Gives

Apple

4.2

35,565 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 1,829 Bose reviews submitted anonymously by Bose employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Bose is right for you.