Bosley Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bosley President & CEO Rob Spurrell
Rob Spurrell

1. Featured Review

"Top Notch Company You Would Be Lucky to Work For!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Bosley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bosley is the best in class. The company is the largest and most reputable cosmetic surgery company in the world. I enjoyed working with a company that is the best at what it does.

The team is friendly and works together towards common goals. Bosley is a top notch customer service organization and that can be felt from the top down. Patients and employees are all treated with utmost respect.

Bosley offers opportunities for growth in skills and income. I was able to work on a wide variety of initiatives helping me hone my ability to execute projects.

Bosley is led by ambitious senior management, especially CEO Rob Spurrell. They are always striving to improve to make each employee and the company better

Cons

There is nothing bad that I can say, I really enjoyed working at Bosley.

2. "Working for Bosley"

Current Employee - Regional Supervisor in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Supervisor in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Bosley full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Bosley is a very diverse company, with team members that have worked here for over 10+ years. I am honored to say that I have been with the Bosley family for 21 years. One of the many reason why I love working for Bosley is that they give their team members opportunities to grow within the company, and I am proof of that. I started as being part of the clinical staff in 1995 was promoted to Office Manager, and today I am Regional Supervisor to 8 surgical centers.

Cons

Not being able to spend time with the Managers at the other locations.

3. "Wonderful Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at Bosley full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am so grateful to work for a company who provides a service that is top-notch and stands behind their work! It makes me happy to come to work and see what we do!

Cons

We are very spread out - it's hard to connect with co-workers.

5. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Vice President, Human Resources in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President, Human Resources in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at Bosley (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at Bosley for over 20 years. There are many employees who have worked at Bosley for 5,10,15 and 20+ years! We have also been bringing on new talent throughout the entire time I have been working here. We have a diverse talent pool who represent a world class team of professionals who provide the highest quality clinical and operational/administrative services available worldwide!

Cons

Inability to spend time visiting our many locations throughout the country.

Advice to Management

Keep the Bosley legacy alive!!!!

6. "Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Bosley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some great people here and got to work with some great doctors. I learned so much in the time that I worked in this clinic

Cons

Some of the senior workers knew how to get around everyone and do the least amount of work. At times it felt like being in high school all over again with all the cliques

"Work Hard, Get Rewarded"

Current Employee - Sales in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at Bosley full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working in sales for the last many years, I can honestly tell you that if you perform, you have a great career at Bosley. No one micromanages you, your income increases year to year (due to variable pay), and you're happy because doing your 'job' is effortless and the people your help are happy. However, if you don't perform, your experience wont be quite the same. But that's sales. At least management identifies your problem areas and links you up with people who try and show you how to improve before giving up on you. They really try to help you get better in your areas of deficiency. For that reason, half the sales team has a decade or more years with Bosley. That says a lot.

Cons

No 401 K Matching.

Advice to Management

You do a great job in minimizing expenses. However, investing more in team building events will pay off greatly in creating synergies within the large, spread out work force. Anonymous surveys can help you identify areas to work on.

8. "They treat you like dirt!"

Former Employee - Senior Counselor in New York, NY

I worked at Bosley full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is no sales prospecting, the clients come to you. If you want to help people with hair loss then you can make a difference in your role here. The people (Dr's & clinical staff) can be so wonderful to work with every day depending on the office or surgical center. You can get a free hair transplant if you work there!

Cons

The company will do anything and everything possible to cut cost regardless if it means ignoring your personal safety or breaking the law. They have no compassion, even when it cost them nothing to show it. The management changes all the time - they had 3 different CEO's during my years with them. Unfortunately they have a fear based management style which causes employees to work in constant fear of losing their job. The company blames the employee's for all of the issues that they themselves create. In my years, I have been asked to travel for business on my own time, to work 10 days straight 12-14 hours without a day off, to use personal and vacation time to cover days off due to natural disasters, to travel in dangerous conditions while having a flu, to go to work regardless of being very, very sick and my personal favorite was the unscheduled lunches. They tell you that you can take lunch but if it's busy and you do take lunch, then it's a problem. To be fair and not mislead anyone, the first three examples only occurred one or two times and the use of personal time off for a natural disaster was overturned after the flood of complaints and outrage. On the other hand the lunches and dangerous travel conditions was a recurring problem for many years and probably still is. Finally the compensation is controlled and you are often given bonuses based on a lottery system (literally your name gets pulled out of a hat). The money is not bad if you perform but it's a total micro management system that brow beats you into submission, makes having a positive attitude impossible.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees the way you would like to be treated, stop pretending that everyone loves their job. That is a good place to start.

"IT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at Bosley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

lots of room for growth, compensation

Cons

lots of work, little time

10. "Shady business practices"

Former Employee - Senior Counselor in New York, NY

I worked at Bosley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Month long training in Beverly Hills which included a generous stipend and a handful of great coworkers.

Cons

Management used motivational techniques akin to high school cheerleading.

"Tough company to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Counselor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Counselor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bosley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

From a sales perspective it is very nice to not have to cold call and have sales appointments set up for you. Also, the offices are located in nice office buildings and a comfortable work environment is provided.

Cons

During the time I worked for Bosley (5 years), they were continually changing things like the compensation plan (always seemed to be decreasing our compensation), the job requirements (like calls required, duties, etc.)

Advice to Management

Generally everyone I worked with felt like we were continually asked to do more but receive less in compensation. People like to know their salaries will increase over time and also, most felt like management did not appreciate them. If you have to lower pay, why not offer 4 day work week or something will at least keep employees happy?