Boston Business Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Kevin Graziano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Corporate Trainer/ Leader"

Pros

Great work environment. Everyone worked as a team and had a ton of fun doing it. We worked hard and played hard

Cons

Working on Saturdays was tough. However, it was a great day to make sales

Advice to Management

Make saturday an optional work day. Some people need to weekend to recover from a tough week.

2. "Intern"

Pros

Very supporting management team. Willing to teach you how to be successful at sales.

Cons

Limited products and sales model is difficult to reach wider range.

3. "Not the best job for college graduates to start at"

Former Employee - Full-time Sales and Marketing
    Former Employee - Full-time Sales and Marketing

I worked at Boston Business Concepts full-time

Pros

Great Office Environment to start out and training is very good

Cons

It was too good to be true. They promised full salary evenif I didn't make a sale, but then they said I had to make 5 sales in order to get the base salary and the comission as well.They wouldn't reimburse me for my travels. It's basically door to door sales. its not for everyone

Advice to Management

Horrible management, needs a complete company restructure

4. "Door to door sales"

Pros

Great people, good training tools

Cons

Tedious to knock on clients doors

Advice to Management

none

5. "Perfect for people who are starting their career"

Former Employee - Corporate Sales Trainer in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Corporate Sales Trainer in Woburn, MA

I worked at Boston Business Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I think that BBC is a great place to work for people that don't have a lot of experience yet in the professional world. One of their main things seems to be giving a start to people that are motivated and ready for the beginning of their career. Obviously not everyone will eventually open up their own office but it's amazing experience and at the very least a great resume builder. The amazing people and great atmosphere is just an added bonus.

Cons

The atmosphere can be distracting if you are not an energetic people person yourself.

Advice to Management

Keep up the business trips!

"My experience at BBC is both exciting and memorable."

I have been working at Boston Business Concepts full-time

Pros

BBC is not only filled with learning and growth, but it is a place that I am excited to go to every morning when I wake up. The work environment is indescribable. I have never worked with a better group of people. Everyone cares so much about your own personal growth and success. I've learned so much not only about the work that we do, but about myself as well. This job teaches you personal life lessons and skills that you will continue to use for the rest of your life.

Cons

You succeed and you grow and you will eventually move on and open up your own business, leaving your colleagues behind. The friendships that you gain, however, are unforgettable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Place is a joke - Door to Door sales - Have fun!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Woburn, MA

I worked at Boston Business Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None! Anyone with half a brain would not work there. Selling Fios door to door.

Cons

There are to many to event get me started!
    1- They LIE!! It is door to door sales! Hiring manager does even mention door to door sales
    2- Drive your own car! No gas reimbursed!
    3- Work 60+hrs week. If you make no sales = no money!

Advice to Management

Stop lying to applicants and running a shady business

"Didn't Mention it was a Door to Door Sales Job"

I worked at Boston Business Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People who worked there are really energetic and awesome. Vince is a cool guy and fun to hang out with
    That is really the only positive thing about it.

Cons

Worst job ever. You basically walk door to door selling Verizon FiOs in all weather conditions. The pay sucks and is straight commission. If you do not want to travel around the state selling tv and internet plans, do not waste your time with this company

Advice to Management

Tell the people who are interviewing the actual details of the job. The turnover in the office probably would be a lot lower if people knew what they were getting themselves into.

9. "Sales Position"

Pros

Commission based pay, 100 per sale. Pretty good hours, 12-7. Good boss too.

Cons

Have to sign up people on the spot, no cards or secondary sign ups.

"Doesn't live up to the hype"

I worked at Boston Business Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Awesome people: Every day, the team has fun playing games, learning, going out to lunch, etc. Everyone is friendly and willing to get to know you and include you. They are eager to help and train as you need it.

-Learn great skills: In training, it is important to know your 4s, 5s, and 8s (sales tactics, parts of a sales pitch, and putting in a full day's work essentially). You can use these in any walk of life; even in your personal life sales skills are sometimes necessary. You get over your fear of rejection and learn to rebut objections. You learn to talk to strangers and build rapport.

Cons

There are so many, where do I begin?
    -They never mentioned it was door-to-door sales. In my interview, the CEO mentioned D2D, small business, larger business, and government sales types. He made it sound like we would cover up to government sales with businesses mixed in. Not true. In my second interview, door-to-door was still never mentioned. I got a call from my trainer suggesting to bring comfortable clothing, but I was still not told that it was because we were going to be outside for 5 hours walking around. It wasn't until we were on our way out to the field that I found out.
    This means rain, shine, snow, cold, hot, humid, sick, healthy, etc. It leads to a lot of turnover because most people don't want to put up with these working conditions. Half of my training class was gone in the first week.

-Schedule: I was told that the position was 12:30-8:30. (This should have clued me in that it was D2D sales.) It is not 12:30-8:30. It is suggested that you get to work no later than 11:30 so that you can learn and put on a good face for the company. One employee told me he was there every day around 10:45. The day also does not end at 8:30. It ends at 9pm after the final manager meeting. Oh, and surprise, you're also working on Saturday from 10-3. This was also not conveyed to me.

-Training: Perhaps my experience just wasn't a good one, maybe it's this way with the whole company. I got only mediocre training. Some of the important skills were never taught to me. I don't know if I was expected to figure them out on my own, or if I could call when the situation arose, but this isn't the way you send new people out into the field.

-Pay/Benefits: There is no paid time off. If you want time off, it comes straight out of your paycheck because you won't be in the field making sales those days. The pay is risky too. You can choose $300 a week + 25% of the commission, or 100% commission. Each sale pays around $100. If anyone cancels their installation, you do not get paid for that sale even though you have done what is expected of you. BBC advertises that gas is reimbursed if you make your quota. That quota is $700 a week which only a few people achieve. With all the money you spend driving to and from these territories, the pay hardly balances out. Not to mention, you don't have much of a personal life to spend money anyway since you're only off one full day.

Advice to Management

Be honest in interviews. Let interviewees know that it is door-to-door sales and that they will be expected to work 6 days a week. I understand you want to glamorize the position and make it sound attractive, but that only increases the let down when they find out what the job is actually like.