Boston Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Chuck Murphy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to grow personally and professionally"

I worked at Boston Interactive full-time

Pros

Great leadership, friendly co-workers, continued learning to help employees keep up with changing digital landscape, inspiring work, fun office, great work/life balance

Cons

I had no problems at all with my time at Boston Interactive

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to keep doing what you are doing. As a young professional just starting out in digital marketing, Boston Interactive gave me all the tools I needed to grow personally and professionally. Not only does Boston Interactive do great work for their clients, they are focused on helping their employees achieve all of their goals. On top of that, it is by far the coolest office I have ever been in. Although I am not at the company anymore, I still regularly keep in contact with the people I met.

"Great Place to work!"

I worked at Boston Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy commute, great office space, great culture, always a positive work environment. The CEO is very friendly, generous, and takes care of his employees. I recommend considering Boston Interactive if you're looking for a positive work experience.

Cons

None that come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing to keep the employees happy.

"Great Company with even better office culture"

Pros

I loved my time at Boston Interactive. Each department works closely together with the other departments to come out with some fantastic results for their clients. The office atmosphere and culture are wonderful (office outings, Bar in the office, snacks and drinks, office lunch and learns, whiteboard wall etc.) Free parking if you drive and very close to Sullivan station if you take the train. The Schraffts Center has a place to grab food right in the building. but there are also a lot of great places to grab lunch in the area that are all walking distance. There is also a gym in the building if working out during your lunch break is something that you prefer.

Cons

I really wouldn't say that there are any cons about the company.

"Great Entry Level Experience"

Former Employee - Interactive Producer in Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Interactive Producer in Charlestown, MA

I worked at Boston Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with some really great, smart and talented people. Was one of my first jobs out of college and learnt a ton. The entire team was really patient and encouraging. Spent two years there and look back fondly on those days.

Cons

Not a huge amount of lunch options!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people, keep quality of clients high

"Great forward thinking agency that doesn't get in its own way."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at Boston Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at a number of agencies in the area, big and small, and Boston Interactive is a rare gem amongst them. Starting at the top, the CEO doesn't try to micromanage operations. He does what a good CEO should, grow the business and trust in management and employees to drive it forward. It's an open and fun culture that encourages growth and actually fosters real collaboration amongst the different groups. Let me reiterate this, this agency actually collaborates on projects. Tasks aren't siloed and then thrown over to wall for the next group to deal with, they are actually enriched with the input of everyone. Junior team members have equal input on projects and their feedback matters. And the teams care. Development cares what UX and design are creating, and UX and design are deeply involved in the development process. Project management makes sure things are getting done and the agency has done a wonderful job in building out a much more solid communication and task management plan.

Marketing and sales teams are also invested in what the other teams are doing and everyone is on board to do good work. The company's lunch and learns, complete with sushi, are actually interesting and beneficial. The outings are fun and diverse, and the future looks bright.

Cons

No place is perfect and there are some issues. Beyond the constant construction of the building it is in (it's been over a year), and less than perfect food in the building, BI has gone through some growing pains. There have been some projects that weren't well managed, and some disgruntled employees. But over the last year or so this has turned out to be the exception, not the rule.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward and keep listening to what employees are saying. Also keep a closer eye on projects that are showing early problem signs. Try to correct them earlier rather than later to avoid either disgruntled clients or upset employees. And push profitability to even higher margins while maintaining the current quality.

"Decent Company"

I worked at Boston Interactive full-time

Pros

Really nice employee Perks, CEO cares about keeping employees happy. Raises and bonuses are timely and company culture is good.

Cons

The work is not very creative, most of the projects are cookie cutter websites for big B2B companies, there is not much innovation happening.

"A forward thinking agency that consistently delivers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

I worked at Boston Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Recently renovated office space allows employees to fully immerse themselves in creative processes. Plenty of space and new technology available to execute projects and build company culture.

One of the oldest agencies in Boston (17 years) that has adapted and moved on from just “web design” to content creation, lead generation and digital strategy services.

CEO offered himself as a mentor prior to starting. Is visible and always available to chat when his schedule allows. Sound career and life advice for young professionals.

Enthusiastic team which does very well to create a culture in an industry where many different personalities exist.

Office perks - Free parking, Summer Fridays, lunch & learns, gym in the building.

Cons

The Shrafft’s Building can be a deterrent to some people due to its location and age. I believe renovations are currently underway to modernize the place.

If you are particular on food offerings, the nearest eateries are a short drive away.

Advice to Management

Keep providing coaching and training opportunities for your people. Everyone enjoys the opportunity to step outside their comfort zone to learn and grow.

"A good, smart agency doing great work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Interactive (Less than a year)

Pros

I am writing this as a current employee at Boston Interactive. I wasn’t asked to write this, paid to write this, or any other stupid reason you can think of that would possibly persuade me into thinking the following;

The people who work here rock. We hire good, smart and kind people and this is an immediate translation to our desire to do well for the clients. From our interns to our (yes, the previously bashed on glassdoor) CEO the true desire to help make this company be the best that it can is obvious.

The energy and enthusiasm is contagious. This place has it. Don’t try and think I’m just-saying-this; it’s really true. We have “lunch and learns” where we learn from one another from attending trainings, seminars, lessons learned or new ideas. There is a shared passion for creating grand work. Career progress is taken very serious, we are frequently checking in with one another, not only praising but also giving feedback when needed. I love this.

Our space is kick-ass. It’s inviting, fresh and designed like a creative agency would lend itself to success. Come on over and you’ll see. Our clients are also top notch. (Ok, they reallyyyy are, and we just got site of the year for one of them, how cool is that?) They are receptive and they allow us to do our job pushing them forward.

Cons

Well. Like any place, there are a lot of different personalities. You can’t pick your family, and you can’t necessarily pick every single person in your life you have to cross paths with. What you can do is be smart, adjust, be respectful and the return will happen. If you own a company, you would act like you-own-the-company too.

Another con – our building has been under construction for a long time now. I know it’s for the better, but it’s pretty annoying sometimes. (It IS almost done though… tick tock tick tock)

Advice to Management

Management can always benefit from being more transparent. I would love for there to be more communication on how the company is doing, what the next steps are for Boston Interactive and a good understanding of what the big picture is.

"A great place to work, with talented people"

I worked at Boston Interactive (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Boston Interactive for 3 years and have seen a tremendous upswing from the day I started to the day I left. The people that I've worked with stand out the most. The CEO has done a great job with creating an culture where colleagues feel like family. The office is hip, modern, and provides plenty of inspiring spots to do your work.

The projects that have been won there over the past few months are exciting, complex, and with brands across the country. In fact, BI just won at the MITX Awards for the website they did for Zildjian (you should check it out). As an agency I've watched the team grow in capabilities and service offerings which has put BI in a position to do things that challenge the status quo in strategy and design.

The company believes in sustainable growth and being profitable. That's why while I was there I've been on some pretty awesome company outings, including an overnight at Mohegan Sun for our holiday party. This is not only an excellent place to come in and learn digital marketing, like I did, but also a great place to take your talent and put it to good use.

Cons

I live in the city so leaving it everyday to come into Charlestown was not my preference and the Schraffts building has been under construction for months, but it is starting to show signs of progress and should be a huge improvement to the old look and feel. If you commute into the area it's ideal.

I've worked with a good amount of people over the years there and most were wonderful. Some hires the company has made over the years haven't been the best fit which has resulted in them staying very long. On the other hand, the office still gets visits frequently form former employees that would swing in just to say hello to everyone (I will be one of them).

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the people and everything else will fall into place.

"Happy to be at BI"

I have been working at Boston Interactive full-time

Pros

Fun culture, smart people, variety of clients and client work

Cons

Lots of construction in the building right now. But, it should look great when its done.