Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan President Susan Coakley
Susan Coakley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great pay and great benefits You develop good relationship with people in other departments (in 12 reviews)

• Tele-work option supports family/work life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Contractors kept their jobs, but no one filled the personnel holes (in 6 reviews)

• Workload is crazy and people fail to address the high turnover we had in the department I worked in (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - IT Service Desk Analyst in Charlestown, MA
    Current Employee - IT Service Desk Analyst in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The culture and benefits are amazing (vacation time, insurance, tuition reimbursement)
    - Coworkers, supervisors and the management team are all so kind and welcoming (which is very rare to find at a company)
    - Very casual setting (no dress shirts or ties required)
    - A LOT of room for growth
    - Coming to work doesn't feel like coming to work. My coworkers and management all feel like a big family.
    - Every department whether it's IT, customer care, HR, or finance everyone has a mutual love and respect for one another.
    - I truly love my job

Cons

There really aren't any cons to this company

Advice to Management

There is really no advice i can give to the management because it's amazing. They really care about their employees. If you need assistance or anything they are more than happy to help you or point you to the right direction. They are very kind and do not look down on anyone or slack off unlike your typical corporate job managers.

"Love it!"

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone I work with is awesome. They're friendly, competent, and respectful of work/life boundaries. I've been given several opportunities to learn and grow, and have earned increasing levels of responsibility.

Cons

Compensation is lower than in other MCO's.

"Good Company to work for"

Pros

Pleasant work environment, benefits, location

Cons

The parking is very pricey

"Good Company"

Pros

Competitive Salary, Good work environment

Cons

I do not really see any con here yet. I just started as a full time and I am yet to see how things are. Thanks.

"The Grass is Green here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Rewards staff who show that they are team players, work toward the common goal, and care about people. Great co-workers, benefits. In my field, pay is comparable to other companies. Able to improve status and develop if really interested in working for it. Leadership provides "extra rewards" to show appreciation. Company is diverse and inclusive.

Cons

Too many meetings - managers can't always focus on staffing issues. - some staff can be clicky. As with all other companies, some staff can be lazy and do the minimum.

Advice to Management

Cut down on meetings for management, hold staff accountable

Jun 26, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience here, we value your feedback. We believe in our mission and value our employees; therefore we strive to be the best place to work each and every day,

6. "Patients, Providers and Employees Matter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

friendly and professional environment. Great culture where the team shares same work values! Patient and providers are our priority.

Cons

distance to and from work...but worth it.

Advice to Management

re-look at the on-boarding process for new employees....

Feb 2, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the very detailed review and suggestions! We appreciate your feedback!

7. "Great place to work if you are looking to make a difference"

Current Employee - Nurse- Clinical Services in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Nurse- Clinical Services in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time

Pros

I have been a nurse for a long time and worked my entire career at non-profits (health plans and hospital systems). Working with the staff at this mission driven health plan has been great. I have found colleagues of like minds who really want to impact the lives of the underserved population. I have been here 10 years and find that those who stay do so because of the teams that they work with (in house and in the provider community) and the difference they can make. Not all the time- but enough. Good place and good people.

The President and management team of the company are committed to the mission, the members and the staff. One of the goals is to make BMCHP "a best place to work". May never be a place to come and play ping pong or pool, but people really like each other, laugh while still working hard, enjoy the good benefits, flexible hours and move to more telework. All of that go a long way.

Cons

Recent Boston office move to Charlestown made commute challenging for some, but many more staff went to flex hours and telework. New Bedford and Springfield offices closed late last year and all the regional clinical teams given option to telework. They did and we are all getting used to new ways or working together (who said can't teach an 'old' nurse new tricks).

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Still work to do about getting used to a more remote work force. But everything is moving in the right direction.

Feb 2, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience here, we value your feedback. We believe our mission-driven organization is special; therefore we strive to be the best place to work each and every day!

8. "Great place to work with people who care about their members"

Current Employee - Community Outreach in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Community Outreach in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee Centered Environment
    Great Benefits
    GREAT Working Environment w/ A Great Team
    Competitive Wages
    Tele-work option supports family/work life balance

Cons

None to speak of in my Dept., great Company!

Advice to Management

Continue showing compassion and giving support to the population we serve.

Feb 2, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

9. "Vice President Special Needs Plans and Executive Director Senior Care Options"

Current Employee - Vice President in Charlestown, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Charlestown, MA

Pros

BMCHP truly cares for its employees. There are excellent leadership development programs, excellent training on all products, and superb health programs. With yoga and other classes including nutrition, an ergonomics program to ensure employee safety, and, free food for employees' health and well being. The President is genuine. She truly cares for the employees and all of our members. Anyone who is a member of Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan, BMCHP, in MassHealth Medicaid; QHP - Quality Health Plan - Affordable Care Act; and SCO - Senior Care Options will realize the care, attention, and support the employees of BMCHP feel. I am fortunate to be a member of this family.

Cons

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan is not well known. We need everyone to speak about about our excellent Mission which supports BMC, Boston Medical Center's mission; and, we need to spread the word throughout Massachusetts and New England that BMCHP is an excellent place to work and the best Health Plan for people to join.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent programs. Continue to mentor our employees. Spread the word about our exceptional service without exception.

Feb 2, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review; we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

10. "Love my job...Best place to work"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time

Pros

Very good compensation package..pay, health benefits, eto, extras
    Supportive team environment
    Dedicated to providing quality service to members
    Make employees feel appreciated

Cons

I honestly can not think of a one

Advice to Management

Bring more departments to NH for better cross dept collaboration