Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan President Susan Coakley
Susan Coakley

Pros
  • Great benefits; flexible work hours, commitment to offering best customer service to clients (in 9 reviews)

• Many staff have the opportunity to work from home some or all of the time (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Contractors kept their jobs, but no one filled the personnel holes (in 5 reviews)

• Very little communication between departments; departments pointing at each other like little children (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love my job...Best place to work"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time

Pros

Very good compensation package..pay, health benefits, eto, extras
    Supportive team environment
    Dedicated to providing quality service to members
    Make employees feel appreciated

Cons

I honestly can not think of a one

Advice to Management

Bring more departments to NH for better cross dept collaboration

Feb 2, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience here, we value your feedback. We believe our mission-driven organization is special; therefore we strive to be the best place to work each and every day!

2. "Administrative Assistant"

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time

Pros

People are awesome, benefits are really good, breakfast provided to employees. Opportunity to do meaningful work each day. Work/life balance-thumbs up!

Cons

Large office but new space. Taking some time to get the layout.

3. "Manager"

Pros

Cons

Most department top heavy in manager/director roles; training and development more focused on leadership roles; meeting overload.

Advice to Management

Provide more training/development opps for all employees

5. "Help Desk Analyst"

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, free parking, company provides breakfast items/coffee, and healthy snacks. Cool games available in café for some downtime. Tuition assistance available to everyone, friendly people and ability to be promoted easily. Flexibility in hours.

Cons

Our office is large- don't get me wrong it is an awesome space, and takes some time to learn the space.

Feb 2, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review; we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

6. "Worst job I ever had"

I worked at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

Understaffed. Control-freak micromanagers. Stifling.

Advice to Management

See above.

Feb 2, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. We care deeply about our employees and our members, which is why we strive to create a member focused and inclusive workplace. We realize that we need to do this as a team ... More

7. "Vice President Special Needs Plans and Executive Director Senior Care Options"

Current Employee - Vice President in Charlestown, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

BMCHP truly cares for its employees. There are excellent leadership development programs, excellent training on all products, and superb health programs. With yoga and other classes including nutrition, an ergonomics program to ensure employee safety, and, free food for employees' health and well being. The President is genuine. She truly cares for the employees and all of our members. Anyone who is a member of Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan, BMCHP, in MassHealth Medicaid; QHP - Quality Health Plan - Affordable Care Act; and SCO - Senior Care Options will realize the care, attention, and support the employees of BMCHP feel. I am fortunate to be a member of this family.

Cons

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan is not well known. We need everyone to speak about about our excellent Mission which supports BMC, Boston Medical Center's mission; and, we need to spread the word throughout Massachusetts and New England that BMCHP is an excellent place to work and the best Health Plan for people to join.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent programs. Continue to mentor our employees. Spread the word about our exceptional service without exception.

Feb 2, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

8. "Great place to work with people who care about their members"

Current Employee - Community Outreach in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Community Outreach in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee Centered Environment
    Great Benefits
    GREAT Working Environment w/ A Great Team
    Competitive Wages
    Tele-work option supports family/work life balance

Cons

None to speak of in my Dept., great Company!

Advice to Management

Continue showing compassion and giving support to the population we serve.

Feb 2, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the very detailed review and suggestions! We appreciate your feedback!

9. "Great place to work if you are looking to make a difference"

Current Employee - Nurse- Clinical Services in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Nurse- Clinical Services in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time

Pros

I have been a nurse for a long time and worked my entire career at non-profits (health plans and hospital systems). Working with the staff at this mission driven health plan has been great. I have found colleagues of like minds who really want to impact the lives of the underserved population. I have been here 10 years and find that those who stay do so because of the teams that they work with (in house and in the provider community) and the difference they can make. Not all the time- but enough. Good place and good people.

The President and management team of the company are committed to the mission, the members and the staff. One of the goals is to make BMCHP "a best place to work". May never be a place to come and play ping pong or pool, but people really like each other, laugh while still working hard, enjoy the good benefits, flexible hours and move to more telework. All of that go a long way.

Cons

Recent Boston office move to Charlestown made commute challenging for some, but many more staff went to flex hours and telework. New Bedford and Springfield offices closed late last year and all the regional clinical teams given option to telework. They did and we are all getting used to new ways or working together (who said can't teach an 'old' nurse new tricks).

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Still work to do about getting used to a more remote work force. But everything is moving in the right direction.

10. "Targeted"

I worked at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time

Pros

Hiring Managers know the skill set they are looking for

Cons

Upper Management has disorient view of what is needed then the hiring manager interviewing.

Advice to Management

Mind the gap

Feb 2, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. Taking care of our employees is vital to our continued growth and success. We thank you for your feedback and we'll share it with ... More

"Case Manager"

Pros

Non profit, serving the frailest of the frail inner city populations

Cons

management does not listen to front line staff. Decisions and policies are dependent on the day and to whom you are dealing with. No written policies or expectations. Middle management is useless due to the hierarchy of how decisions are made. There are ten people that need to approve one decision, and then it comes down to that persons way or the highway. Complaints fall on deaf ears. Too many decision makers, not enough listeners. Promises were made at the interview process that were not kept. Conversely, expectations were demanded that were not disclosed at the interview stage. This was the worst managed plan I have ever worked with.

Advice to Management

Have a concrete plan in place before pushing protocols out to staff. Train and hire experts as managers, its not just a title.