Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Nov 4, 2021

Found 9 of over 162 reviews

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan President Heather Thiltgen
Heather Thiltgen

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work if you are looking to make a difference

Jan 12, 2017 - Nurse- Clinical Services in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been a nurse for a long time and worked my entire career at non-profits (health plans and hospital systems). Working with the staff at this mission driven health plan has been great. I have found colleagues of like minds who really want to impact the lives of the underserved population. I have been here 10 years and find that those who stay do so because of the teams that they work with (in house and in the provider community) and the difference they can make. Not all the time- but enough. Good place and good people. The President and management team of the company are committed to the mission, the members and the staff. One of the goals is to make BMCHP "a best place to work". May never be a place to come and play ping pong or pool, but people really like each other, laugh while still working hard, enjoy the good benefits, flexible hours and move to more telework. All of that go a long way.

Cons

Recent Boston office move to Charlestown made commute challenging for some, but many more staff went to flex hours and telework. New Bedford and Springfield offices closed late last year and all the regional clinical teams given option to telework. They did and we are all getting used to new ways or working together (who said can't teach an 'old' nurse new tricks).

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience here, we value your feedback. We believe our mission-driven organization is special; therefore we strive to be the best place to work each and every day!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good

Nov 4, 2021 - Care Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice coworkers, good benefits, helping people

Cons

low salary, unorganized, high turnover in department

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 3.0

Okay

Jun 3, 2021 - Enrollment Representative in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Flexible Can work remotely

Cons

No room for growth No raises or bonuses

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Too many changes

Jun 15, 2021 - RN Care Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, very good benefits.

Cons

Upper management changes too often.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, structure is lacking

Jun 30, 2013 -  in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company mission is noble - to provide the highest quality healthcare coverage to underserved populations - and you'll have a chance to help members who really need assistance with health care issues. There are some really good people working here that can share their own experiences with you and teach you so much. You'll make friends here that you'll keep in touch with. Work/life balance is decent. Business casual dress is a nice perk and benefits are good.

Cons

Leadership and direction are not always clear. Burnout is inevitable when projects are repeatedly started, pushed hard and fast but then get cancelled suddenly. This can wear anyone down. Technology/resources are seriously outdated and learning new technology is not encouraged. The approval process is so slow that sometimes projects time out before a decision can be made on them. Salary isn't comparable to what other MCOs are paying their employees.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Undervalued department

Dec 7, 2014 - Member Services Representative in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are good. Earned time can be used for vacation or sick days. Dress code is casual. Easy commute. The work can feel rewarding when you hear from grateful members. Once you have been an employee for a year you can apply internally for other departments.

Cons

Workload is uneven for different MSRs but pay is the same. Fixing others mistakes constantly can be frustrating. Pay does not feel equal to the amount of work good employees do. Bonuses and annual raises were suspended, this hurts for low pay grades. Building earned time is hard. Terrible communication between departments, lots of blaming. High turnover.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sad

Apr 15, 2017 - Call Center Representative in Charlestown, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers, some good benefits. The CEO is inspirational but it doesn't trickle down.

Cons

Morale is low. Employees are bullied. Director is unstable. While they claim that members come first it's really all about the numbers. If you get your job satisfaction from helping people this is not the job for you. Try another department. They seem to be having a better time.

7 people found this review helpful

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. We care deeply about our employees and our members, which is why we strive to create a member focused and inclusive workplace. We realize that we need to do this as a team that's constantly evolving and improving. Feel free to reach out to us at humanresources@BMCHP-wellsense.org.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Many other better heslth plans to work for-don't waste your time

Jun 28, 2019 - RN Case Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good HR pretty responsive decent pay

Cons

Management makes promises to new hires they dont keep-sneaky and dishonest Knowledge deficit Difficulty making decision, therefore unable to quickly solve issues for clients Sales makes promises the company is unable to keep

4 people found this review helpful

Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. Taking care of our employees is vital to our continued growth and success. We thank you for your feedback and we'll share it with our internal leadership teams to identify areas for improvement.

9. 2.0

Case Manager

Jan 13, 2015 - Case Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, Good benefits, location & Perks

Cons

Revolving door management. I was there for 6 years I had 5 different managers

4 people found this review helpful