KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan

Is this your company?

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan

Add a Review

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan Employee Reviews about "no one"

Updated Dec 4, 2021

Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan President Heather Thiltgen
Heather Thiltgen

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "no one"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Current Employee

Complete Joke

Dec 4, 2021 - Who Cares
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good talented people who are under appreciated

Cons

Place is a complete joke. If you have drive/ideas, this is not the place for you. It's a soul draining place. They are more interested with bombarding you with some nonsense emails throughout the day to make you think the place cares about you. Stop with the emails throughout the day. You work all year to actually try and make a difference/help. Come review time, they have this idiotic system with ranking 1-5, yet no one can ever get a 5 because they consider that God like ranking. If its not achievable then why have it? Then the big raise. A whopping 2. 5% . Any random year, inflation is in the area of 3%, slightly up or down. This year, inflation is over 6%, What a complete joke. That on top of the ever rising crappy health benefits options, actually means you will be taking home less this upcoming year vs the last year. The new president and COO I'm sure we're a bargain over the previous folks. So cheap you had to import them from other states. So that means, they weren't cheap. Yet, all this place can give you is 2.5 raise? They can't even get to 3%. You know what that translates to? Don't try and just mail it in like everyone else, cuz it makes not difference what you do for this place. What a disgrace.

9 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Upper management has no idea about the work needed to be done

Feb 3, 2021 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working remote, the pay was okay

Cons

Introduced a new system around the holidays. Staff was unable to take time off. Training was poor. No one in management new the job so the senior staff had to teach the process along with learning a new system and being a resource for a new system that staff was not comfortable with. Merge with Bmc was a decrease in some benefits. Need management who know the job, hire consultants to be management.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Crazy

Dec 20, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and work from home

Cons

I can't understand how this place functions. Mangers and directors in the departments have no clue how to do the work. They request work from their employees thats almost impossible to keep up with because of ridiculous case loads. Very bad communication between departments and no one wants to take responsibility. They keep bringing in new management in hopes of changing the culture and improving the business but it always fails. If you are looking for a company that has inclusive diversity in management or some where with actual tools to do your job, or management that respects you, this place is not it.

4 people found this review helpful

Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks for writing a review. Creating an environment where employees feel supported has always been a top priority for us. We recognize that there is always room for improvement and will continue to strive to be best in class when it comes to employee satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to speak further.

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

RUN

Oct 23, 2018 - RN Case Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and work from home.

Cons

Very poor management skills and knowledge base. Inconsistent and subjective frequent reviews. No one checking the checker. Supervisors are have horrible disrespect for employees and unable to promote team work.

6 people found this review helpful

Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We are happy to connect offline if you'd like to discuss this further and to obtain more feedback about your experience. Please feel free to contact us directly.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee

Good folk, benefits, but need right people involved

Nov 4, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good people to work with. Open door policy for the most part. Everyone seems dedicated for the most part.

Cons

Too many managers in meetings so nothing really gets done. Need more non- managers who know the details of the job. Recent layoffs in IT did not seem logical and not communicated properly. Contractors kept their jobs, but no one filled the personnel holes. Just added to the feeling that IT is not easy to work with or transparent.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unqualified managers

May 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were decent but pay was unfair. Great location and T Pass reimbursement. Good tuition benefit. Employee recognition was good but needed work on program.

Cons

Inexperienced management and leadership. Nothing done even after survey scores showed this. Human Resources completely ineffective when working with staff problems. No one in the department seemed to be able to make a decision without checking with 3 lawyers first.

10 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Every negative post on here is accurate

Oct 23, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Current location is convenient. Most of the ppl you work with are decent.

Cons

Where do all the rejects or has beens from Harvard Pilgrim, Tufts & Blue Cross end up? Here. The place is a complete joke. There are a bunch of people with titles, but no leaders. You will never find a single person in 'leadership' at any level of this org actual make a decision on 'ANYTHING'. Everything is done by consensus and endless meetings, where everyone sheepishly comes to a decision, which is usually ambiguous and ridiculous. No one makes a decision with the goal of making anything better, but more on covering their rear. Furthering your career? That's a joke, unless you go from desk monkey level I to desk monkey II or III. Real opportunities or enhancement? Look elsewhere, bcuz it aint going to happen here. Last year, the working stiffs didn't get anything in relation to a bonus or salary increase. Then all the 'directors' became VP with a nice salary bump up. They do the exact same job, have the exact same responsibilities and have the exact same number of people reporting to them. They weren't worth what they were getting paid before, let alone this new salary. If you're not in with someone, you won't get an opportunity. HR is useless as previously stated. It is ALL lip service.

20 people found this review helpful

Vice President of Human Resources

In response to this post, here are several important facts anyone considering a career at BMC HealthNet Plan should know: - The position of “Vice President” was created two years ago and no increases resulted - This past year, over 14% of our employees (75 people) received a promotion and another seven were announced this past week - In addition to providing merit this year, we also provided a bonus to all staff to thank them for their tremendous efforts - We were just ranked #9 on the Top 100 Women-Led Businesses in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe - We were named the Employer of the Year in 2015 by YMCA Training Inc. Thriving in our seventeenth year, we proudly provide our employees the opportunity to use their talents to make a difference serving the most vulnerable populations in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Our Mission attracts the best and the brightest from the local health plans and we are always proud to add their diversity to our Plan. Steve Barrett Vice President of Human Resources & Diversity

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Some bright spots, but overall, better off elsewhere.

Oct 28, 2015 - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of genuinely talented people who say all the right things about providing humane health insurance. Great location, for however much longer that lasts. Generous salary and benefits.

Cons

Opportunities for professional growth and.or promotion limited. A punitive attitude towards training and employee performance; you either do things the way the boss wants them done, or you get written up. Differences in perspective are not really valued. The HR Department is unbelievably inept. My initial interview had to be rescheduled twice because there was no one around to actually conduct the interview when I arrived. Both times staff insisted I'd arrived at the wrong date/time, until I produced e-mails that confirmed I was at the right place at the right time. This continued after my employment. I interviewed for a job within the company, and the HR Rep made 4 firm, rock solid promises that she would have a decision by a certain date ... and broke every single one of them. And despite all the fine words about not being cost driven and making decisions solely on evidence based medicine, over and over again they make the exact same decisions their more money focused competitors make. The only difference is that when they issue a denial, people make a point of having a sad as if to prove it really wasn't about the money at all.

9 people found this review helpful