Boston Scientific Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 21, 2017

1.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Quality Technician II"

I worked at Boston Scientific full-time

Pros

Good teamwork atmosphere good benefits

Cons

Head count reductions at EOY with no notice

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves. Your "RIF's" were a huge element in 3 suicides. I nearly became the 4th. My life has been a dump hole ever since that day I was supposedly "randomly selected".

2. "Greatest Leader driving a great business....Jeff Mirviss"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time

Pros

We have an incredible business leader and President in our division. What else? Half the Sr team is women in the PI business which is unheard of in med device. Jeff will do the right thing ...and more...when no one is looking. We are having huge success with customers and employees because of EQ, commercial, technical competence and huge focus on our internal culture too...it's a blend for success!

Cons

We all just have to find more ways to manage work/life. The company supports it but we attract super motivated people who just have to give themselves permission.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the cultures in PI, NMD, Uro/WH....these divisions are huge opportunities to grow if we keep them focused on entrepreneurial and creative.

3. "Not so great"

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interaction with interdepartmental groups and other personnel is always positive.

Cons

No career advancement, management only manage and focus on their goals only, not much incentives to improve.

Advice to Management

Quit promoting the same people all the time in less than 12 months time... twice or more... when they do not deserve to be. Listen to your employees when real issues come up and do the right thing.

4. "Bad Culture"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Boston Scientific as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lunch was always filled with enjoyment.

Cons

Politics, Lower management is pathetic, Upper management does not care if an employee leaves.

Advice to Management

Upper management should make lower management accountable for behaviors of staff.

"Quality Is Always Second"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a job, and it pays money. They are flexible in giving days off with some notice. They provide hot drinks and breaks are paid.

Cons

Paying the same rate they did many years ago. Of course, the young ones don't know that and that is mostly what keeps this place running. Everything is about speed and quantity, while all they talk about at meetings is "quality". Supervisor is either never there, hanging with his buddies, or delegating to his 2nd in command who probably makes little more than I do,

Advice to Management

Why don't you pay what people are worth? You don't act like you want to attract people who are dedicated and care about their jobs. I guarantee you have seen the best walk away from your company.

6. "Not a career, but a job!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Boston Scientific full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is very well know and every hospital is familiar with the products. On every GPo

Cons

Good 'Ol boys community. If you are not part of this group and you would know it if you were, you won't last. Management can't hang onto good talent and does not provide growth for reps. You will be treated like a number and as always replaceable. It is every person for their self and managers do not want to help and are not knowledgeable enough. Be aware of what you are getting into

Advice to Management

Where to begin? The managers do not support the sales force. Very little knowledge outside of where they have been ventured in product and clinical. The managers and area directors are only looking out for themselves and a very select few. The sales reps obviously see it and think it is a shame. Women's health reps and promoted reps turned managers are not the solution to growing this company. It seems to be a toxic environment of where good talent stays only for a short term.

7. "Not an employer of choice if you value your personal time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Pros

Organizations mission to save lives with minimally invasive medical devises. The work is meaninful and a lot of very smart people to work with/learn from.

Cons

Cut throat culture, people will do anything to get ahead. Flat organization structure provides little opportunity for growth and career development, there is a strong push for lateral moves but the organization does nothign to incentivize these moves. Many rules around titles, levels and how long you need to be in a role to be promoted rather than just hiring and promoting the right people and paying them fairly. Zero focus on work/life balance, to get ahead you need to be willing to put your home life to the side, expected to be "on" 24/7 regardless of level.

Advice to Management

Provide opportunities to grow and develop. What management says is different from how they act, people are not put first, they are just words on a wall.

"Interventional Management Problems"

Former Employee - Manager in Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Manager in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Boston Scientific full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits good. CEO has positive impact.

Cons

Bad first line and horrible second line management. Poor direction. Bad communication. Good old boy club. Managers only look out for personal career advancement vs. employee development. No career path plan in company.

Advice to Management

Provide proper direction to and support of your direct report instead of being a puppet for your manager's impression of employee. This develops unfair and unsuccessful working relationships needed to succeed. Second line management shouldn't manage with a threatening motivation.

9. "Family"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Health Benefits, 401 k, paid vacation

Cons

Need permission to take vacation. Expected to work OT and take work home

Advice to Management

Promote. Typical to go outside company rather than promoting within.

10. "Corporate preclinical research, Boston location"

Former Employee - Preclinical Scientist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Preclinical Scientist in Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Scientific full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is competitive although highly unequal comps between peers. Some hardworking individuals are scattered across the division. A huge group of people were let go.

Cons

Insensitive to people of other cultures. Poor development of individuals especially other ethnicities and petty unprofessional abusive behavior from management. Many qualified individuals leave, there is high turnover.

Advice to Management

Senior pre clinical management should be trained to be culturally sensitive

Showing 72 of 1,119 reviews