Boston Web Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Boston Web Marketing Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2019

Found 34 reviews

3.8
Boston Web Marketing CEO Steve Nash (no image)
Steve Nash
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - SEO Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Web Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

The People, The Location, The Growth

Cons

Nothing On The Work Side, Mostly Personal Issues

Advice to Management

Keep Listening To Feedback, We Love Those Events, Explore Permanent Work From Home

Boston Web Marketing2019-07-31
  2. "The worst job I’ve ever had. I was so overloaded with seo accounts and nobody seemed to care."

I worked at Boston Web Marketing

Pros

Location in North end, free beer

Cons

Excessive workload, disorganization, no support from coworkers, bad management.

Advice to Management

It’s hard to repair a sinking ship if the captain is incompetent.

Boston Web Marketing2019-06-08
  3. "Great place to work"

I worked at Boston Web Marketing full-time

Pros

BWM was a great place to work. If you are interested in learning digital marketing as well as hands-on work with websites you can get that here. People are excellent; culture very relaxed; benefits are great.

Cons

You work hard, but that's to be expected. It's a job after all.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Boston Web Marketing2018-12-31
  4. "Good Entry Level Position"

Former Employee - Account in Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Web Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

You learn the basics of digital marketing, from website maintenance, content development, social media management, digital advertising and client facing. If you're friendly, you can make really good connections with coworkers to make lasting friendships. Nice occasional company events such as holiday party, summer day cruise, and pizza parties at random. Unlimited vacation/sick time is a plus.

Cons

Because of the range of clientele, there's no telling who you may end up with. Some of the smaller accounts end up being the most needy, which can truly burn you out, especially if you have a lot of accounts. A lot of the training is on the job, which is good to get real experience, but not great when newer employees don't get the chance to be success because they're overwhelmed with work as soon as they walk in... the door.

Advice to Management

Create transparency with clients. Some of them don't realize that account reps have more than just one account (every rep has over 25 accounts), so there should be a line of respect between agency and client to let both parties know that while the best work will be produced, tight deadlines aren't always feasible with the volume of accounts. Also, please ask how employees are doing/feeling. Even with an open door... policy, not everyone will open up and say they're feeling overwhelmed. Management knows EVERYONE has a hectic workload, so instead of saying "DO MORE WORK!" ask employees how they've been managing their workload, and if they can't, find ways to alleviate their struggles rather than watch them suffer, or quit because they can't handle it anymore. Stop using account checks/reviews to make employees feel bad about not hitting their goals, and advise ways on how they can be more effective and efficient with their time so that they can hit their goals.

Boston Web Marketing2018-12-24
  5. "SEO Specialist"

Former Employee - SEO Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Web Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

company training, lunch with staff, support from upper management

Cons

company is growing, believe upper management can do better with distribution of accounts, do no give too many to one employee that's how we burn out

Advice to Management

do no give too many to one employee that's how we burn out, listen to your employees when having issues with time, a standard amount of accounts should be given

Boston Web Marketing2018-10-11
  6. "Great Job, Great People"

Former Employee - SEO Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Web Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learned a ton, super fun environment. They have a wide range and diverse client base that is fun and challenging to work on, and when you do well you get rewarded. Lots of work, but reasonable and a good team environment that helps out when needed. Awesome office location and free snacks!

Cons

Commuting in was sometimes tough, train delays made some mornings frustrating to get in. Company events and parties had pizza and traditional food, not vegan friendly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, maybe offer some vegan-friendly snacks!

Boston Web Marketing2018-09-30
  7. "DO NOT WORK HERE!"

Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Web Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly coworkers who care for each other.

Cons

Overwork their employees and don't take the time to make sure they're doing well.

Boston Web Marketing2018-09-18
  8. "Great Entry Level Job!"

I worked at Boston Web Marketing full-time

Pros

You meet amazing co-workers and learn the basics of SEO, SEM, Website creation, and Account Management. Also, they have a lax and inviting culture. In the north end so food options are great and close by the T.

Cons

Whole management needs organization, upper management plays favorites get those who aren't gets no acknowledgement of their work, frat like culture and crass at times, not enough diversity, overworked with little pay, little opportunities for growth, work in a basement with no windows, really disrespectful to employees at times and get burnt out quick. Turnovers are also very high here.

Advice to Management

Need better upper management and re-organization.

Boston Web Marketing2018-08-22
  9. "Great Environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Web Marketing full-time

Pros

I love working here. I've worked at other tech companies, and this one has been the best. Lots of opportunity for growth because of the fluid learning environment. The office is amazing, lots of pizza parties, company outings, and a cool yacht cruise in the summer.

Cons

One of the sales guys and I didn't get along to well but he's gone now

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I really like the work from home day. You seem to listen to us whenever we had suggestions. Very interesting and large client base that keep things lively!

Boston Web Marketing2017-03-10

"Don't Waste Your Time Here"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Boston Web Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really loved my coworkers. Everyone was so fun outside of work, but indoors everyone was miserable and stressed. You definitely learn a lot fast, but you almost always end up overwhelmed. The north end also has great food.

Cons

- Overwhelming workload (Most Account Managers end up with 20-25 Clients, AdWords Clients, and Website Builds) - Management knows every employee is in the weeds, yet does nothing to support or ease the work -Sales picks up the smallest clients, which end up being not the best and difficult to work with (A few instances of clients being rude to employees happened while I was there) - False promises of growth -... Every upper level employee always just tells you what you want to hear in terms of promotions, they tell you you can move accounts but the turnover rate is so high, that you never can - reviews are fake - the CEO and Management know how unhappy everyone is, (I saw 8 employees quit in a 6 month period) and they do nothing about it. They try to cram in all these stupid perks and days off but none of it addresses the real issue. - Looking through your company laptop and chat history is invasive - You're expected to produce so much content, that most of it isn't good and you're just trying to hit the requirements - The Account Managers are underpaid for the amount of work they do

Advice to Management

Listen to employee feedback when they resign and actually do something about it. Control the CEO who is rude, and unprofessional (talks badly about former employees) Stop wasting your employees time with small, low budget accounts and make the account max 10 accounts

Boston Web Marketing2017-03-13