Bottomline Technologies Reviews in Portsmouth, NH | Glassdoor

4.1
Bottomline Technologies President and CEO Rob Eberle
Rob Eberle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits - much better than my last company (in 20 reviews)

• Good benefits and Employee Stock Purchase Program (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is completely out of proportion (in 32 reviews)

• If you want to work in an under-appreciated place with little to no room for growth, this is the right place for you (in 6 reviews)

"Overall Great Company and Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and work environment - Bottomline is very particular about their values and hiring people that fit the culture. This really shows in the collaborative nature of the workplace.

Career Opportunities - Internal promotions happen often and there are constant changes that open new opportunities.

Great location (Portsmouth) - Easy to get in and out of for local and long distance commuters. Right off 95.

Employee recognition often has visibility straight up to the executive team.

Benefits are good, stock purchase program is great, 401k match is standard.

Cons

Compensation - The benefits are likely above average, but you have to sacrifice a bit of annual salary in exchange for the great culture and location.

Facilities - The main office is half renovated in a seemingly unorganized way. The renovated half is very nice though.

Advice to Management

Keep true to the culture and guiding principles. It's great to work in a place that has actual values and acts on them!

"Love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at Bottomline is the number one thing that brought me to this company. The interview process was long but it gave me the opportunity to meet with several different individuals in the company and even some members multiple times. I even had a lunch interview. I was very impressed about this process because it showed me that they cared about the individuals they hire into the business and they want to be sure they know each person to ensure they will fit in with the Bottomline culture.

Great benefits!
    -Medical/Dental/Vision effective as of your first day of employment
    - Company paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Basic Life Insurance and Basis AD&D insurance!
    -401(k) with an employer match
    -Employee stock purchase plan
    -Health Club Reimbursement
    -Tuition Reimbursement
    - Great paid time off program

Employee Discounts!
    -Cell phone services
    -Automotive
    -Dry Cleaning
    -Many More!!!

Cons

Bonus payout amount could be better

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Management does a great job at communication!

"Exciting Opportunities"

Current Employee - Management in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Management in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Growth within, benefits, culture, and the people are only a few of the great things about Bottomline Technologies! Very rich medical benefits at a great price and the Employee Stock Purchase Plan is one of the most rewarding.

Cons

If you do not want to come to work each day, roll up your sleeves, truly work hard and push yourself for the benefit of the business and personal satisfaction then this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Communications are the most important and keep the culture we have!

"Good work, unreconized by management. Low pay for what is expected of you to complete."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good products, and ok benefits.

Cons

Management needs to slow down and see what employees really do for them.

Advice to Management

Look around, put smart phone done and just take a few minutes to mingle with the workers.
    Listen to what people hear about the company both from within and what the prception is on the outside. Growing to fast and now have a revolving door , loosing great talent for not being involved. Good luck

"Momentum is building!"

Current Employee - Finance in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Finance in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for two years, and it is really exciting to see so many great things coming together: Commercially - Business Payments as a space is heating up, and we have market-leading solutions. Financially, the rapid growth in subs and trans and high recurring revenue makes us extremely stable financially. From an employee perspective the best thing is "Working with and for each other" is more than a slogan. There is a real 'can-do' spirit and sense of fun and camaraderie that makes it a great place to be!

Cons

As a growth company, this is not a place to come and try to just do the minimum or just what is asked. People go the extra mile for customers and colleagues, and really want team mates to do the same,

Advice to Management

Stay the course!

"Hard work on work that is hard to put down"

Current Employee - Product Development in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Product Development in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative products, with lots of opportunity to move around the company to gain new challenges and learn new things. The CEO is a genuine person who cares about people. People are smart, fun to work with, and dedicated to each other. We really do focus on customers much more than other companies I worked with in the past. We are working on 12 major customer projects at once, which shows the hard work is paying off.

Cons

People who don't cut it get cut - there are culls of bad hires once a year (if you are good this prevents you from having to carry the work they aren't getting done). There is a lot of work, and sometimes the customer commitments get ahead of us and we are slammed catching up to keep the customers happy.

Advice to Management

Speed up the hiring process.

"Mid-Sized Company, Small Company Feel"

Current Employee - Production Support Analyst in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Production Support Analyst in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are plenty of challenges to overcome which makes each day different and exciting. The culture here takes the best parts of a larger company, and meshes it with the tight knit feeling of a small business. I does not feel like you are a 'cog in the machine', rather, you feel like you are an integral part of a team and what you do makes a difference. If you go above and beyond you will definitely be recognized here..

The benefits package is also at least on-par with much larger companies. 401k matching and Employee Stock Purchase plans are a welcome benefit.

If you put in the time and effort upward movement within the company is possible. Lateral movement is also possible as there are many distinct lines of business.

Cons

Some might not like the work-life balance and pressure to excel at customer service (or customer delight as its called). This all depends on the line of business as each division/department sets different expectations.

Advice to Management

There are some amazingly talented individuals here. Continue to hire people of that caliber.

"Growing Fast!!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The two best things about Bottomline are the opportunity for growth and the people you get to work with. This company is growing fast and that leaves opportunities for people to join and grow while here. The people around you are just amazing. They care about each other at a level above most companies. If you are up for a fast passed environment with lots of chances to grow, this can be a great place to join.

Amazing opportunity right now in the marketplace to bring a customer first delivery of some really innovative products
    Good benefits - much better than my last company
    Beautiful space to work in
    Company goes way above and beyond for employees in need
    Good history of promoting from within including several top executives roles
    Recruiting bonus for bringing people to Bottomline. I've brought several people here.

Cons

The fast passed environment is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on hiring great people that bring innovative ideas to Bottomline.

"Customer Focus Pays Off"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Focus on customers is the one thing at BT that differentiates it from the competitors. Employees by and large respond to this and embrace the demands of supporting the global businesses at BT.
    * Good pay.
    * Senior leadership that will be there for you and your family when you truly need it.
    * Company focuses on its bottom line and has chartered a course towards long term economic health.

Cons

* Lack of cohesion in product offering.
    * Decentralized development of product can be inefficient.
    * Demands of delighting customers is sometimes a burden for people.

Advice to Management

Focus on executing the plan and promoting a cohesive product offering.

"Global Security"

Current Employee - Global Security in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Global Security in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bottomline is an organization that empowers its teams to be innovative and communicate freely about their ideas. Bottomline’s Management truly supports that everyone matters. I have been in the IT security field for 25 years and worked at some of the largest Fortune 500 companies. Bottomline is by far my most enjoyable work experience.

Cons

There is nothing that stands out.

Advice to Management

Keep on the current path.