Bottomline Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Bottomline Technologies President and CEO Rob Eberle
Rob Eberle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great people and work environment - Bottomline is very particular about their values and hiring people that fit the culture" (in 18 reviews)

• "The other thing that I love about the company is the work life balance" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "I find myself working late nights and weekends sometimes to meet project requirements, which affects work/life balance" (in 32 reviews)

• "Some pessimism and lethargy in middle management" (in 11 reviews)

"Successful Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Transparent, amazing benefits, small company feel with large company successes! Growth within and sky is the limit!!

Cons

If you don’t want to work hard, push yourself beyond to see what you’re really capable of, be accountable and take the good with the bad then this time isn’t the company for you. I wouldn’t be who I am today (successful) had I not been dedicated and part of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing us to achieve and be a company we can all be proud of!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - . in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - . in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Bottomline's Paymode-X unit is a great place to work (I haven't worked in other areas of Bottomline). There's a real sense of everyone trying to work together - people really do help each other out, and push to be successful together, as a team and as a company. There's very little tolerance for office politics. I recognize that I have a good job, for a good company, and I work hard. The head of this part of the business is demanding but fair and has grown a successful organization on a culture of cooperation and hard work, and has a supportive open-door policy.

The Paymode-X product is well-known in our market, and recognized as a leading payments solution. It is nice to have people recognize your company and product name, and to be part of a successful product.

Cons

This is a fast-paced company. Being successful requires a lot of hard work, and you have to be willing to take responsibility for your own fate. If you want a company that gives you the set of manuals you need to read for your next promotion, you won't find that here. If you're willing to dig in, learn your position and learn about the products and people, and apply that knowledge to help the team, you can grow a career here.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people on your team. Sometimes there are a lot of things happening at once which can be hard. Don't let office politics seep into the culture.

"Most of the positive reviews are clearly from the social media/HR department"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place if you love to be treated like a contractor and live with the threat of being let go every Spring

Cons

Lay offs every Spring. Have scene dozens of great employees let go, never any management. There is no way management has that little dead weight.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, maybe someday FIServ will buy you out.

Bottomline Technologies Response

Jun 17, 2018 – President & CEO

Bottomline is a market leader growing at an aggressive rate - this creates a fast paced environment. BT employees thrive on their ability to delight customers and deliver innovative solutions. We... More

"Go Long for this Potential Acquisition Target"

Former Employee - Product in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Product in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Likely the one global company that really knows payments well. Perhaps someday you'll be able to say "Alexa, pay all my account payables and send notices to our late net-10/30s that full payment is now required."

Cons

If you liked "Hot Tub Time Machine", you'll love working at Bottomline Technologies (not in 1986, but in the early noughties)

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing. Your competitors will love you for it.

"Great Culture!"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

-Lots of awesome people who are willing to help you
    -Big company, small company feel
    -Exciting to work there

Cons

-Limited visibility + gap from management

"Administration"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company with solid leadership. The people here are devoted to the work they do. Benefits are fantastic and company events are great.

Cons

Long hours on occasion, but you are rewarded for hard work.

Advice to Management

Staffing and managing teams appropriately would stabilize work/life balance

"A collection of small and medium sized businesses"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

Customer service teams
    Right place right time (Fin Tech is hot)
    The kool-aid is terrific (but you MUST drink it) don't you know

Cons

One trick pony: acquiring established companies (cash flows) in maturing segments
    Limited operational synergy across acquired businesses
    Entrenched, stagnant, un-inquisitive leadership (there are several exceptions)
    No investment in talent or capability development for long term

Advice to Management

Board of Directors needs a refresh. Role up sleeves to provide meaningful oversight.

"Positive and All In"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When i first started working for Bottomline everyone always said their favorite part of the company was the people. Walking in its hard to believe that the people are going to be your favorite part, but boy was I wrong.

Everyone working at Bottomline is happy and willing to help. Walking by someone in the hall way, they'll go out of their way to stop, say hi, or even learn your name. Talking with people who have been there for a while are more than willing to share tribal knowledge but also willing to listen to fresh and new ideas.

Working in a team environment was something I always wanted and having a team to lean on when I need support but also to bounce off new ideas is rewarding.

Cons

More out of work activity opportunities

"Great culture - small company/start up with advantages of established mature company"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been with the company less than a year; Laser customer focus and focus on growing the business; Ability to make an impact; most employees are truly committed to working with and for each other; Dynamic environment;

Cons

Challenges providing strong service to all customers; typical challenges of a growing software company - trying to mature processes to scale;

"Working at bottomline"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

Fresh fruits every day.New technologies used.

Cons

Too much interference from management.