KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The team and the people i worked with were great and you get support in your role from your team colleagues.(in 73 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and Employee Stock Purchase Program(in 55 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and Values(in 20 reviews)
  • "Flexible, good managers, focused on getting products to market(in 13 reviews)
  • "•All the senior team leaders are friendly and always ready to help when it's needed(in 13 reviews)
Cons
  • "Too many VP's and not strong enough middle management.(in 28 reviews)
  • "There is no work/life balance unless you are one of the chosen few.(in 24 reviews)
  • "the low salary, and a place of office(in 17 reviews)
  • "Pay is low(in 15 reviews)
  • "Annual layoffs caused stress throughout the organization whether you had a reason to be concerned or not.(in 13 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bottomline Technologies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture

May 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture Great employee appreciation

Cons

None I can think of

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to work and great people!

Jul 1, 2022 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, Tech Stack are great here and motivated folks are encouraged.

Cons

As is the case with some other larger organizations; things can be a bit slow to move.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Going somewhere

Jun 12, 2022 - Administration
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, Pay Equity, Advancement Opportunities, and Recognition Awards Benefits are great!

Cons

You must be a male to receive the pros listed!

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Character Building

Apr 20, 2022 - Multiple Roles
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to multiple, industry standard technologies Ability to learn and apply technical skills on the job Learning opportunities in general are abundant Mostly pleasant co-workers and mgmt Good for early career, entry level folks who are trying to upskill

Cons

Feels like every position has a wide enough berth it could be 2-3 positions. Work/Life balance is bad, workdays are scheduled for 8hr/day but you're expected to be available and paying attention/replying to emails etc for 10+ hrs daily. Hard to juggle anything outside work M-F. Administrative bloat, too many VPs, Directors, whatever; lots of talking heads. Excess bad documentation, data, etc can be overwhelming; hard to find what you are looking for, or clarity on any particular subject. You are expected to absorb a lot of information all of time and it can be quite disparate information. Pay is low Feels like the only way up is via MGMT roles

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Company I've had the opportunity to work for

Nov 10, 2021 - Account Manager, Vendor Enrollment in Portsmouth, NH
    Business Outlook

Pros

My Hiring Manager about 6 years ago said they were always waiting for the other shoe to drop about Bottomline & I can confirm it never has. As a career sales person the trust I have in my Teammates & Supervisors here is unrivaled and they are truly on your side to help you succeed. Paymode-X Product offers a real value and feels less like making a sale and more about helping some one. Great benefits & time off to help with the work life balance. The company has remained strong since the COVID Pandemic and has only grown since my tenure began. The stability of Bottomline and support from the teams during these times was huge in helping us to continue working and hitting goals without skipping a beat.

Cons

Once work from home started we no longer got free ice cream on Fridays during the summer from the ice cream truck. I also really miss the Espresso & Latte Machines in the office... simpler times :)

13 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

May 24, 2022 - Data Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bottomline has been a great company to work for since day 1. They continue to impress me with leadership at all levels of the organization.

Cons

non at this point fortunately

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Dec 20, 2021 - Interactive Developer in Portsmouth, NH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. BT encourages us to have a great life-work balance. I have found that this is true. I never receive push back when I want to take time off. I have never had a teammate that I could not resolve differences with. Great benefits. Even through Covid BT worked hard to get us our bonues. We only missed out on one and that was back when the pandemic first started.

Cons

I have worked on two different products and four different teams here and a continuing problem has been scheduling. Client-facing team members make promises to the client regarding features as well as when they will be available without consulting the rest of the team. Then we are expected to meet those targets. It is improving but it will take some time to get everyone on board.

12 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Bottomline

Jun 3, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and highly technical peers.

Cons

Way too many meeting for my comfort

Be the first to find this review helpful