Bottomline Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Bottomline Technologies President and CEO Rob Eberle
Rob Eberle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people to work with, which promotes loyalty (in 17 reviews)

• Good benefits - much better than my last company (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is completely out of proportion (in 31 reviews)

• If you want to work in an under-appreciated place with little to no room for growth, this is the right place for you (in 6 reviews)

"Momentum is building!"

Current Employee - Finance in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Finance in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for two years, and it is really exciting to see so many great things coming together: Commercially - Business Payments as a space is heating up, and we have market-leading solutions. Financially, the rapid growth in subs and trans and high recurring revenue makes us extremely stable financially. From an employee perspective the best thing is "Working with and for each other" is more than a slogan. There is a real 'can-do' spirit and sense of fun and camaraderie that makes it a great place to be!

Cons

As a growth company, this is not a place to come and try to just do the minimum or just what is asked. People go the extra mile for customers and colleagues, and really want team mates to do the same,

Advice to Management

Stay the course!

"Hard work on work that is hard to put down"

Current Employee - Product Development in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Product Development in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative products, with lots of opportunity to move around the company to gain new challenges and learn new things. The CEO is a genuine person who cares about people. People are smart, fun to work with, and dedicated to each other. We really do focus on customers much more than other companies I worked with in the past. We are working on 12 major customer projects at once, which shows the hard work is paying off.

Cons

People who don't cut it get cut - there are culls of bad hires once a year (if you are good this prevents you from having to carry the work they aren't getting done). There is a lot of work, and sometimes the customer commitments get ahead of us and we are slammed catching up to keep the customers happy.

Advice to Management

Speed up the hiring process.

"Winning company with opportunities to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people - smart, committed, always willing to help each other
    The company - always there to support every employee, promotes a customer first culture
    Customers - so many loyal customers that have stayed with Bottomline because the company takes care of them
    Individual - if you take initiative you can grow and will be rewarded

Cons

Not a place for people that do not believe and live the company culture. If you do not do that, you should leave before you are asked to leave.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people and don't compromise because of pressure to fill roles.
    As you continue to grow, don't lose the culture.

"Great Company - Great People"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

I ave worked at Bottomline for a number of years, and have enjoyed working with some of the best people I have ever met. The company has an incredibly strong set of ethics and our customers partner with us through every challenge because of the quality of our teams. Many folks have left Bottomline only to return at a later time because they realized the excellent work environment they left. I am proud to be part of Bottomline and its people, and I will work here until retirement.

Cons

High expectations and standards that need high energy and commitment is required. It is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for strong talent among new comers and college grads

"Growing Fast!!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The two best things about Bottomline are the opportunity for growth and the people you get to work with. This company is growing fast and that leaves opportunities for people to join and grow while here. The people around you are just amazing. They care about each other at a level above most companies. If you are up for a fast passed environment with lots of chances to grow, this can be a great place to join.

Amazing opportunity right now in the marketplace to bring a customer first delivery of some really innovative products
    Good benefits - much better than my last company
    Beautiful space to work in
    Company goes way above and beyond for employees in need
    Good history of promoting from within including several top executives roles
    Recruiting bonus for bringing people to Bottomline. I've brought several people here.

Cons

The fast passed environment is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on hiring great people that bring innovative ideas to Bottomline.

"Customer Focus Pays Off"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Focus on customers is the one thing at BT that differentiates it from the competitors. Employees by and large respond to this and embrace the demands of supporting the global businesses at BT.
    * Good pay.
    * Senior leadership that will be there for you and your family when you truly need it.
    * Company focuses on its bottom line and has chartered a course towards long term economic health.

Cons

* Lack of cohesion in product offering.
    * Decentralized development of product can be inefficient.
    * Demands of delighting customers is sometimes a burden for people.

Advice to Management

Focus on executing the plan and promoting a cohesive product offering.

"Global Security"

Current Employee - Global Security in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Global Security in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bottomline is an organization that empowers its teams to be innovative and communicate freely about their ideas. Bottomline’s Management truly supports that everyone matters. I have been in the IT security field for 25 years and worked at some of the largest Fortune 500 companies. Bottomline is by far my most enjoyable work experience.

Cons

There is nothing that stands out.

Advice to Management

Keep on the current path.

"An extraordinary place to work"

Pros

Very dedicated, highly motivated employee team. You will be challenged to give your best every day. You will be surrounded by people who are doing the same. The more responsibility you can handle, the more you will get.

Cons

Priorities can shift and deadlines can be unforgiving. You must be flexible, nimble and ready to adapt to changing realities. For some, this is the most interesting part of the role.

"Top Company!"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

Bottomline is a progressive payments technology company with leadership positions across many international markets. The company have very talented and committed people who make it a great place to work. The company has a very bright future with with Open Banking, PSD2 and Instant payments creating increasing opportunities for accelerated growth. If you enjoy a rewarding and challenging working environment and enjoy being successful them BT could be a great fit for you.

Cons

Sometimes the company or organisation can move so quickly that it can be difficult to keep up.

Advice to Management

Stick to your strategy of building leading payment cloud platforms that make help businesses pay and get paid.

"Great Company, Great People!"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

I can't say enough about how great the people at Bottomline are! It's wonderful to work in such a positive, uplifting environment. Everyone is friendly and helpful, always willing to answer a question or help with a project. It actually feels like my work is important and appreciated, something that isn't always apparent in all companies. The office itself is beautiful and comfortable, and the benefits are great. Work-life balance is amazing. I feel very fortunate to have gotten into a company like BT.

Cons

None that I can think of!