Bottomline Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bottomline Technologies President, CEO, and Director Rob Eberle
Rob Eberle

Pros
  • Good benefits, good life work balance (in 14 reviews)

• Company has great people who work well together (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a lot of resources in most ares making work life balance a challenge (in 29 reviews)

• If you want to work in an under-appreciated place with little to no room for growth, this is the right place for you (in 6 reviews)

"Bottomline Technologies with and for each other"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for Bottomline Technologies for the last 11+ years, and in that time I have witnessed a great many things that speak to the heart of this company. The depth of commitment to employees is second to none. When there is someone in need Bottomline steps up in ways that most companies do not. These acts of kindness are not publicized, but I've witnessed them first hand on many occasions. Bottomline Technologies truly lives the guiding principal of "With and for each other"

Cons

Still making progress on the Agile transformation. At times when the pressure mounts Agile principals get tossed out the window.

Advice to Management

Invest in the employees and help them progress on their career path. Don't be fearful that they look for other opportunities.

"So Glad I Came Here"

Current Employee - Vendor Advocate Specialist in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Vendor Advocate Specialist in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I just passed my one year mark at Bottomline as well. My employment here marked my leap from one industry into this completely new (to me) field. Bottomline takes the time to invest in the training and development of the people that they hire. My investment here has been met ten fold with opportunity and support. I absolutely love the culture and the challenge.

Cons

This is not a place to rest on your laurels. If you do not like a challenge or can not learn new systems, this is not a fit for you. Great supportive environment, but generally challenging (by design).

Advice to Management

From my vantage point: the more you communicate specific goals, the more this staff wants to rise to the challenge. Hiring seems to be focused on hard work, competence and motivation. Setting clear markers for success has been a good strategy.

"Senior Software Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in South Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in South Portland, ME

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a company which truly cares about its employee's. Team members are not just employees but are part of an extended family. The work is fast paced but very rewarding. Out of the companies I have worked for I have fun here, the people are great, the work is exciting and cutting edge.

Cons

I cant think of any real cons to working at Bottomline. The work is faced paced and can sometimes be stressful but at the end of a day I feel I've made a difference; my opinions and contributions are appreciated.

"Great Company, Great People"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

Competitive Salary, Great people across all lines of business, Friendly co-workers, Execs take the time to listen to all ideas. College Hire Program is great for recent/upcoming Grads. Work/Life Balance is also great if you can manage your work. Benefits are very competitive, ESPP, 401K matching. Also great opportunities within the company to grow both vertically and horizontally.

Cons

company is rapidly expanding industries and growing its market share so keeping up with demand can sometimes be difficult

"Pre-Sales Engineer"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

Benefits, Work-Life Balance, Commute, Culture

Cons

publically traded, inconsistent quarterly bonuses

"Living the dream at Bottomline!"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

The head of my LOB is great! She is approachable, decisive and has great resolution skills. For the last 3 years I have worked in her organization in a couple different capacities, with several managers in between. No matter what the organizational structure, she makes herself available, listens and provides guidance.
    The US benefit package is great.

Cons

To be successful at Bottomline, you need to be a motivated, self-starter. Those that struggle are individuals who prefer more constant attention from managers.

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Attorney Auditor
    Current Employee - Attorney Auditor

Pros

I am a recent hire and feel the company cares about me and my co-workers. The pay and benefits are good, and the work and life balance is great. The company has a very promising future, and I am very happy to be a part of it.

Cons

Like a lot of companies, there are computer and IT issues that need to be fixed.

Advice to Management

So far I feel Management has been very good at letting everyone know what is happening.

"Vp product management"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work in tech

Cons

none that I can think of

10. "Bottomline Tecnologies. Why they are loved, why they are despised"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies (More than 8 years)

Pros

for a certain number of years they will be the greatest company to work for.

Cons

their love of the "4% solution" is a draconian policy that, if and only if unchecked, will destroy the middle class

11. "Excellent so far"

Pros

* Salary is over double that of my last job (my area is terrible for tech jobs)
    * Awesome benefits
    * Work from my home office
    * Very helpful team
    * Interesting work, with lots of opportunities to contribute

Cons

* The number of meetings can sometimes be overwhelming

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!