Bottomline Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Bottomline Technologies President and CEO Rob Eberle
Rob Eberle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits and Employee Stock Purchase Program (in 10 reviews)

• Good benefits, good life work balance (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • I find myself working late nights and weekends sometimes to meet project requirements, which affects work/life balance (in 33 reviews)

• If you want to work in an under-appreciated place with little to no room for growth, this is the right place for you (in 6 reviews)

"You couldn't ask for a better team of people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are the key here. Really bright, driven, and focused people. If you are insanely driven this can be a great fit for you.
    The intense focus on the customer gives the team a common goal.

Cons

Extremely fast paced environment
    Not a place for people that aren't totally committed to customer success

"Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager in South Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Manager in South Portland, ME

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salary is competitive for the area, the benefits are good, everyone is extremely friendly and always willing to help and answer questions. Bottomline promotes from within and is constantly rewarding staff that go above and beyond. Overall, this is a great company, fantastic culture, and all around great place to work.

Cons

I cannot think of any!

"Love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at Bottomline is the number one thing that brought me to this company. The interview process was long but it gave me the opportunity to meet with several different individuals in the company and even some members multiple times. I even had a lunch interview. I was very impressed about this process because it showed me that they cared about the individuals they hire into the business and they want to be sure they know each person to ensure they will fit in with the Bottomline culture.

Great benefits!
    -Medical/Dental/Vision effective as of your first day of employment
    - Company paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Basic Life Insurance and Basis AD&D insurance!
    -401(k) with an employer match
    -Employee stock purchase plan
    -Health Club Reimbursement
    -Tuition Reimbursement
    - Great paid time off program

Employee Discounts!
    -Cell phone services
    -Automotive
    -Dry Cleaning
    -Many More!!!

Cons

Bonus payout amount could be better

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Management does a great job at communication!

"Overall Great Company and Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and work environment - Bottomline is very particular about their values and hiring people that fit the culture. This really shows in the collaborative nature of the workplace.

Career Opportunities - Internal promotions happen often and there are constant changes that open new opportunities.

Great location (Portsmouth) - Easy to get in and out of for local and long distance commuters. Right off 95.

Employee recognition often has visibility straight up to the executive team.

Benefits are good, stock purchase program is great, 401k match is standard.

Cons

Compensation - The benefits are likely above average, but you have to sacrifice a bit of annual salary in exchange for the great culture and location.

Facilities - The main office is half renovated in a seemingly unorganized way. The renovated half is very nice though.

Advice to Management

Keep true to the culture and guiding principles. It's great to work in a place that has actual values and acts on them!

"Exceptional company"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

Bottomline is truly dedicated to culture, individual empowerment and appreciation of their employees. There is a very strong team atmosphere with one goal: solving complex problems for customers.

Cons

Most teams are very lean.

"Top Company!"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

Bottomline is a progressive payments technology company with leadership positions across many international markets. The company have very talented and committed people who make it a great place to work. The company has a very bright future with with Open Banking, PSD2 and Instant payments creating increasing opportunities for accelerated growth. If you enjoy a rewarding and challenging working environment and enjoy being successful them BT could be a great fit for you.

Cons

Sometimes the company or organisation can move so quickly that it can be difficult to keep up.

Advice to Management

Stick to your strategy of building leading payment cloud platforms that make help businesses pay and get paid.

"Customer Focus Pays Off"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Focus on customers is the one thing at BT that differentiates it from the competitors. Employees by and large respond to this and embrace the demands of supporting the global businesses at BT.
    * Good pay.
    * Senior leadership that will be there for you and your family when you truly need it.
    * Company focuses on its bottom line and has chartered a course towards long term economic health.

Cons

* Lack of cohesion in product offering.
    * Decentralized development of product can be inefficient.
    * Demands of delighting customers is sometimes a burden for people.

Advice to Management

Focus on executing the plan and promoting a cohesive product offering.

"Great Company, Great People!"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

I can't say enough about how great the people at Bottomline are! It's wonderful to work in such a positive, uplifting environment. Everyone is friendly and helpful, always willing to answer a question or help with a project. It actually feels like my work is important and appreciated, something that isn't always apparent in all companies. The office itself is beautiful and comfortable, and the benefits are great. Work-life balance is amazing. I feel very fortunate to have gotten into a company like BT.

Cons

None that I can think of!

"An extraordinary place to work"

Pros

Very dedicated, highly motivated employee team. You will be challenged to give your best every day. You will be surrounded by people who are doing the same. The more responsibility you can handle, the more you will get.

Cons

Priorities can shift and deadlines can be unforgiving. You must be flexible, nimble and ready to adapt to changing realities. For some, this is the most interesting part of the role.

"Global Security"

Current Employee - Global Security in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Global Security in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bottomline is an organization that empowers its teams to be innovative and communicate freely about their ideas. Bottomline’s Management truly supports that everyone matters. I have been in the IT security field for 25 years and worked at some of the largest Fortune 500 companies. Bottomline is by far my most enjoyable work experience.

Cons

There is nothing that stands out.

Advice to Management

Keep on the current path.