Bottomline Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Bottomline Technologies Reviews

Updated March 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good benefits, good life work balance (in 14 reviews)

• Competitive Salary, Great people across all lines of business, Friendly co-workers, Execs take the time to listen to all ideas (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a lot of resources in most ares making work life balance a challenge (in 29 reviews)

• If you want to work in an under-appreciated place with little to no room for growth, this is the right place for you (in 6 reviews)

"Fake News"

Pros

Bullet on your CV. Work from home policy. Frequent opportunities to laugh at CEO. They treat the college hires better than current employees.

Cons

Management uses stack rankings for measly salary increases. Layoffs in fall and Spring. No privacy. Both in the office and your electronic privacy. Health insurance continues to increase. They blame increases on ACA but continue to save money for the company while acting like they are here for you.

Advice to Management

Time for another acquisition, so be prepared for another layoff to pay for the new execs in the salary budget. Quit schilling your slaves to post positive reviews. The CEO is an avid trump donor.

"So Glad I Came Here"

Current Employee - Vendor Advocate Specialist in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Vendor Advocate Specialist in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I just passed my one year mark at Bottomline as well. My employment here marked my leap from one industry into this completely new (to me) field. Bottomline takes the time to invest in the training and development of the people that they hire. My investment here has been met ten fold with opportunity and support. I absolutely love the culture and the challenge.

Cons

This is not a place to rest on your laurels. If you do not like a challenge or can not learn new systems, this is not a fit for you. Great supportive environment, but generally challenging (by design).

Advice to Management

From my vantage point: the more you communicate specific goals, the more this staff wants to rise to the challenge. Hiring seems to be focused on hard work, competence and motivation. Setting clear markers for success has been a good strategy.

"Senior Software Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in South Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in South Portland, ME

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a company which truly cares about its employee's. Team members are not just employees but are part of an extended family. The work is fast paced but very rewarding. Out of the companies I have worked for I have fun here, the people are great, the work is exciting and cutting edge.

Cons

I cant think of any real cons to working at Bottomline. The work is faced paced and can sometimes be stressful but at the end of a day I feel I've made a difference; my opinions and contributions are appreciated.

"Great Company, Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

Competitive Salary, Great people across all lines of business, Friendly co-workers, Execs take the time to listen to all ideas. College Hire Program is great for recent/upcoming Grads. Work/Life Balance is also great if you can manage your work. Benefits are very competitive, ESPP, 401K matching. Also great opportunities within the company to grow both vertically and horizontally.

Cons

company is rapidly expanding industries and growing its market share so keeping up with demand can sometimes be difficult

"Pre-Sales Engineer"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

Benefits, Work-Life Balance, Commute, Culture

Cons

publically traded, inconsistent quarterly bonuses

"Living the dream at Bottomline!"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

The head of my LOB is great! She is approachable, decisive and has great resolution skills. For the last 3 years I have worked in her organization in a couple different capacities, with several managers in between. No matter what the organizational structure, she makes herself available, listens and provides guidance.
    The US benefit package is great.

Cons

To be successful at Bottomline, you need to be a motivated, self-starter. Those that struggle are individuals who prefer more constant attention from managers.

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Attorney Auditor
    Current Employee - Attorney Auditor

Pros

I am a recent hire and feel the company cares about me and my co-workers. The pay and benefits are good, and the work and life balance is great. The company has a very promising future, and I am very happy to be a part of it.

Cons

Like a lot of companies, there are computer and IT issues that need to be fixed.

Advice to Management

So far I feel Management has been very good at letting everyone know what is happening.

"Bottomline Technologies Employee"

Current Employee - Manager in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Manager in Portsmouth, NH

Pros

I have just reached my year anniversary at Bottomline! I had a great year working for and with a progressive, high-energy company and team.
    I consider myself extremely fortunate to work in such a positive culture and environment with great employees and customers.
    The Portsmouth office is a great space to work in with the benefits of cafe's on all floors, free coffee and fruit! We are truly committed to the community, which has also been important to me.
    Thank you BT!

Cons

Some of our office processes are still manual, but I know there are a number of important projects underway to change this.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in technology and people!

"Not great, not terrible"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- good benefits (health, 401K, ESPP, HSA, company phone)
    - a lot of bright people
    - nice offices and also the ability to work remotely (dependent on team)

Cons

- promised Quarterly bonuses that you almost never receive
    - low pay compared to others in the industry
    - HR leaders are intimidating, rude, and unapproachable w/o worrying about your job
    - most people worked to the bone ruining work/life balance
    - understaffed dev/product/QA teams

"Completely sucks, Ex slave."

Current Employee - Slave in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Slave in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers, everybody works hard and want to do their best. Benefits are good and pay is good. Can work remote, so this is the only thing keeping me here

Cons

Work you like a dog (slave). Have no direction and management needs to go. They Can't find new people because no one wants to work for them. Network is like 2 cans and a string.

Advice to Management

Change careers. You have no idea how to run a complete