Bottomline Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Bottomline Technologies Reviews

Updated December 7, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits - much better than my last company (in 20 reviews)

• Good benefits and Employee Stock Purchase Program (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is completely out of proportion (in 32 reviews)

• If you want to work in an under-appreciated place with little to no room for growth, this is the right place for you (in 6 reviews)

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Pros

This is a fabulous place to work and it's all about the culture which starts at the top. Delighting customers, doing the right thing, and working with and for each other are not just slogans; it's the way things are done here. Best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

I have not been able to find one.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"Bottomline's Paymode-X team is a GREAT group!"

Current Employee - Paymode-X Vendor Enrollment Team in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Paymode-X Vendor Enrollment Team in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at BT for over a year now with the Paymode-X team and have truly enjoyed my time here. I've found that BT stays true to their Guiding Principles at all levels of the organization and works to maintain the culture.
    I've found the environment to be fast-paced which keeps things interesting and the people around me to be focused and hard-working. This is a place where you truly seem to get back what you put in. In other words, the harder you work, the more you're rewarded.

Cons

Although there is great synergy and interaction within the Paymode-X team, I've not had the opportunity to meet people outside of my direct team (other than IT and HR). It would be great if there was more opportunity to interact with the other BT lines of business.

Advice to Management

I would add additional resources to the HR team to provide more detailed guidance and direction to employees and management on expectations, processes / procedures, and overall management of current employees.

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment and ever changing environment

Cons

No complaints would like to travel more within the company

"Sorry to leave..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

After nearly eight years at BT I am leaving because I am relocating to another part of the country---for family reasons. My time at Bottomline has far exceeded my expectations. I have learned a lot, loved the people and enjoyed the business challenges. The element of working at BT I enjoyed the most was the focus on 'continuous improvement'. Bottomline's culture is one where everyone, from the CEO on down, works each day to make the customer experience the best that it can be. And, it is an environment where employees are considered the company's greatest asset. I would, and do regularly, recommend Bottomline as an employer to my friends and business contacts.

Cons

I haven't really experienced much in the way of a downside. I look forward to the day that they are big enough to hire people in all 50 states!

Advice to Management

Continue your focus on customers, employees and shareholders...

"Great People, Great Place"

Current Employee - Developer in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Developer in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Questions are welcomed and people will do their best to answer them
    2) Many people from all around the org chart are willing to take time out to talk to you if you need time with them
    3) The benefits are very good, good dental, health, some 401k matching, life insurance
    4) Everyone seems to be very happy and invested in their positions
    5) They embrace agile in coding
    6) A real sense of care is given by the company
    7) quarterly bonuses

have had no problems with my manager, any other manager, have been able to talk to and get to know the CEO a little bit here and there. I'm a recent hire in an entry-level position and Iove it. Swapping to other positions seems very possible and everyone seems to be supportive of it. Lots of nice little things like keurig coffee and tea, a wonderful coffee machine, and fruit in the break rooms.

If you are coming out of college, consider applying, they have a great program getting you acclimated. They expect work out of you but if you give it to them, they'll reward you in kind.

Cons

Not too many cons to be honest.
    depending on the person it might be a con that its a very fast moving company so solid performance is expected and a good amount of work will be required. Some people might find the emphasis on the company's philosophy a little overwhelming but I have no problem with it.

Advice to Management

About the only thing I'd say is that, while the college hires got a good mix of experience of the company, other employees did not. A boon for college hires but the same would be good for other employees that get hired to get some of the training

"Great Company"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

I recently started at Bottomline and I must say it is a fantastic place to work. The atmosphere is very comfortable and everyone in the office is extremely welcoming. It is also a fast pace company with a lot of room for mobility. It is an exciting place to be and I would certainly recommend it to other aspiring professionals.

Cons

I can't think of any cons in regards to working with BT.

"My experience working at Bottomline Technologies"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bottomline Technologies is a company with sound core values, making it a high quality work environment for high quality employees. The company encourages and rewards a strong work ethic, not only with regard to working hard but even more so working smart and working collaboratively with your peers. At Bottomline Technologies we leverage current technologies and project management techniques, making it an ideal work environment for technology enthusiasts to expand their knowledge-bases. Furthermore we are poised to make a significant mark on the state-of-the art for Digital Banking Solutions.

Cons

The environment at Bottomline is fast-paced. Look elsewhere if you are seeking a passive work environment where it's easy to blend in!

Advice to Management

Continue to stick to the core values that have created a solid, stable business that is poised for growth!

"Best Company!!"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

The people at BT are amazing and truly work with and for each other. The energy and enthusiasm is infectious and ideas are welcome at all levels.

Cons

None to report - a great company all around

Advice to Management

Continue to create opportunities for top performers. Employee meetings are informative and energetic allowing employees to understand future opportunity.

"QA Tester"

Former Employee - QA Tester in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - QA Tester in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, very friendly coworkers and nice place to work.

Cons

I didn't have negative outlook - it was great to work with professional people.

"Working at Bottomline"

Pros

Working at Bottomline has been really rewarding. The company has great benefits and I enjoy interacting with all the various teams. There is a lot of work to do but you get to define it and help build the experience you want. One thing to note is that you need to come with a "how can I make a contribution attitude" instead of what can the company do for me.

Cons

The college hire program gives candidates privileged access to senior management. This is a great program but it would be great to open it up to other young professionals as well.