Bottomline Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Bottomline Technologies Reviews

Updated October 9, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits and Employee Stock Purchase Program (in 10 reviews)

• Great people and work environment - Bottomline is very particular about their values and hiring people that fit the culture (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is completely out of proportion (in 32 reviews)

• If you want to work in an under-appreciated place with little to no room for growth, this is the right place for you (in 6 reviews)

"Bottomline Technologies with and for each other"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for Bottomline Technologies for the last 11+ years, and in that time I have witnessed a great many things that speak to the heart of this company. The depth of commitment to employees is second to none. When there is someone in need Bottomline steps up in ways that most companies do not. These acts of kindness are not publicized, but I've witnessed them first hand on many occasions. Bottomline Technologies truly lives the guiding principal of "With and for each other"

Cons

Still making progress on the Agile transformation. At times when the pressure mounts Agile principals get tossed out the window.

Advice to Management

Invest in the employees and help them progress on their career path. Don't be fearful that they look for other opportunities.

"IT"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

Great People to work with

Cons

Culture of the Company needs to change

"Good people, decent 401K, salaries remain flat"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People are the best, decent 401K , work-from-home policy for many employees

Cons

Medical insurance has large deductible and co-pays, bonuses range between few hundred $ or none at all, salaries remain flat for several years now.

"Disappointing opportunity"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best benefits working for BT is the work from home policy.

Cons

No training. Very little information and communication from upper management on the direction of the organization. Organization doesn't take the time to connect with the employees.

Advice to Management

Establish a more friendly, open, and engaging environment between management and employees. There is a culture of fear within BT that is inhibiting to its success and the success of its employees.

"Fake News"

Pros

Bullet on your CV. Work from home policy. Frequent opportunities to laugh at CEO. They treat the college hires better than current employees.

Cons

Management uses stack rankings for measly salary increases. Layoffs in fall and Spring. No privacy. Both in the office and your electronic privacy. Health insurance continues to increase. They blame increases on ACA but continue to save money for the company while acting like they are here for you.

Advice to Management

Time for another acquisition, so be prepared for another layoff to pay for the new execs in the salary budget. Quit schilling your slaves to post positive reviews. The CEO is an avid trump donor.

"Challenging Culture"

Former Employee - Reporting Developer in Exeter, NH
    Former Employee - Reporting Developer in Exeter, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The fast paced atmosphere fits my desire to push the limits of technology.

Cons

The culture focuses on accountability. The business model is on acquisitions, which makes for a defensive atmosphere among peers. As someone who focuses on the positive and how a team can improve during both good and bad situations, Bottomline Technologies culture made it difficult for a team to really thrive.

Advice to Management

Shift focus from reducing number of team members after acquisition to acquiring companies that are lean and can therefore be gracefully added to the Bottomline team.

7. "Not good - not bad."

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

Good software and support.

Cons

Solutions are a bit stagnant. Looks like old technology. Management-managers can be unfair - unprofessional. Managers are kings - workers are peons.

Advice to Management

Open the lines of communication between workers and managers.

"So Glad I Came Here"

Current Employee - Vendor Advocate Specialist in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Vendor Advocate Specialist in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I just passed my one year mark at Bottomline as well. My employment here marked my leap from one industry into this completely new (to me) field. Bottomline takes the time to invest in the training and development of the people that they hire. My investment here has been met ten fold with opportunity and support. I absolutely love the culture and the challenge.

Cons

This is not a place to rest on your laurels. If you do not like a challenge or can not learn new systems, this is not a fit for you. Great supportive environment, but generally challenging (by design).

Advice to Management

From my vantage point: the more you communicate specific goals, the more this staff wants to rise to the challenge. Hiring seems to be focused on hard work, competence and motivation. Setting clear markers for success has been a good strategy.

"Great Company, Great People"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time

Pros

Competitive Salary, Great people across all lines of business, Friendly co-workers, Execs take the time to listen to all ideas. College Hire Program is great for recent/upcoming Grads. Work/Life Balance is also great if you can manage your work. Benefits are very competitive, ESPP, 401K matching. Also great opportunities within the company to grow both vertically and horizontally.

Cons

company is rapidly expanding industries and growing its market share so keeping up with demand can sometimes be difficult

"Senior Software Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in South Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in South Portland, ME

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a company which truly cares about its employee's. Team members are not just employees but are part of an extended family. The work is fast paced but very rewarding. Out of the companies I have worked for I have fun here, the people are great, the work is exciting and cutting edge.

Cons

I cant think of any real cons to working at Bottomline. The work is faced paced and can sometimes be stressful but at the end of a day I feel I've made a difference; my opinions and contributions are appreciated.