Bouchard Transportation Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "New ships"

Former Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Bouchard Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people to sail with. New ships are state of the art.

Cons

Schedule for ships changes constantly

Advice to Management

none

"Horrific"

I have been working at Bouchard Transportation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Better than welfare. Prisoners get paid in jail too.I'd pick prison.

Cons

Up your meds if you want this experience. You will need them. Make sure you review the benefits package. No days off for a year. Wear a diaper cause bathroom breaks not allowed.

Advice to Management

Sell

"A failing company and an incompetent CEO"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Melville, NY

I worked at Bouchard Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They're always hiring. But thats because 3-4 people get fired or quit every month. This is the best I can think of.

Cons

Mr. Bouchard isn't the evil diabolical person these reviews suggest he is. The CEO Morty Bouchard is suffering from an undiagnosed case of Narcissistic Personality Dissorder and as a result has an over inflated sense of self importance.

He never "built" this company as he always makes you believe, he was born into it. Bouchard was once a successful company but now the company is in serious jeopardy of going bankrupt in about 5-10 years due to the lack of business and with it his entire family legacy will go bankrupt. His general disdain for anyone who works underneath him will only serve as a catalyst for this ultimate demise of what was once a thriving company.

Mr. Bouchard is not an evil person. He is just a very insecure shell of a man. The "man" will throw child-like tamper tantrums in the office when things do not go his way. To him, money solves all his problems but unfortunately for him the Company is hemorrhaging money at an unprecedented rate. It could all be turned around if he swallowed his pride and heeded the advice of those who accrued time in the industry. He holds petty grudges on those he feel has wronged them and genuinely gets off on inflicting emotional pain and torment on female employees. And this is no exaggeration, he will verbally berate the females until he see's tears, and sometines that isn't enough.

There will come a time when Bouchard Transportation won't have any work, and he will have nobody to blame but himself. Customers do extensive research and they come across reviews like and see him for what he truly is, a pathetic sad depressed little man who inherited a successful family business and ran into the ground because he believes he knows best.

Advice to Management

First off, Mort. If you even have a shred of respect for your families legacy you should resign. Maybe then Bouchard Transformation will receieve more work.

Second, why did you tell the NY State Department of Labor I resigned when you berated me in front or my peers and fired me when you asked me for my suggestion? You are dispicable.

"Lucifer in an expensive suit"

I worked at Bouchard Transportation full-time

Pros

Happens to hire quality people

Cons

No disregard for another human being , pathological liar , gains true joy from inflicting pain on others . True evil at its best.

"Don't believe a word a Bouchard says"

I have been working at Bouchard Transportation full-time

Pros

Place is based on old money. Trust me when I say this, the Bouchard's have no business navigating a dingy let alone a tug company. No one in this family has held a USCG license in generations. That alone should raise a red flag. A big huge red flag. Those are the pros.

Cons

Everyone talks about "good money" . If you take into account the extra hours at work, time spent dealing with work once your home, weekends, NO sick days and the fact that you need to fill in for the people who quit. Take all that into account and the pay is alright. All good comments are a lie, they force people to leave good comments.

Advice to Management

I can't wait for the golfer to read this and act like these comments don't bother him and run around the office with his crazy laugh. Your a joke. My advice, just don't work here.

"Watch out!"

Former Employee - Office in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Office in Melville, NY

I worked at Bouchard Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get paid, but at what cost?

Cons

The owner is a tyrant, impossible to work for. This coming from someone with 30+ year career. I resigned. Don't work here even if you need a job. The minute you come on board you will see what an insane asylum it is, and then it's too late.

Advice to Management

Sell the company

"dispatcher"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I have been working at Bouchard Transportation (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company takes care of their own

Cons

Too high paced. dealing with very surly individuals

Advice to Management

More break and vacation time

"First year"

Current Employee - Assistant Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Bouchard Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Even time schedule
    Small crew
    Travel

Cons

Benefits package could be better
    Job security

Advice to Management

Keep individuals employed

Bouchard Transportation Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Operations

We will do our best to keep all employees employed

"Ghastly, Beastly, Horrendous, STRESS STRESS, STRESS"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I worked at Bouchard Transportation full-time

Pros

Salary is great - I guess its a must to entice anyone to work there

Cons

I don't know where to start. I did look at Glassdoor for the reviews and unfortunately passed them off as "those people, being disgruntled employees". Yes the interview goes fantastic - loads of smiles, happiness, promises - job description thorough and giving you hopes and dreams of what you can possibly do at this glorious company. And then you are there for a short time and everything is ripped out from under you. But I stayed for months. Everyone warns you about the weird rules - when walking passed the Presidents door don't look in or you will get fired - you laugh at first but they swear its the truth. Don't email the President or you will get fired. Don't call the President or you will get fired, Don't forget to sign out for the bathroom, or the walk outside to get a breather, or the cafeteria if you want to get a snack - or you will get fired. President takes the time out of his day to check up on the logs and logs of sign-outs to see if anyone is lying. 2 people on average leave per week - either they get fired or the leave on their own.
     BUT WAIT! if you stick around you just may get rehired within those few minutes - ya just never know. He plays with your life because he feels he has the right. You are accused, berated, and forced to be scared out of your mind that your livelihood will be taken from you and you forced to go against anything you were taught to not do by your parents. Everything that is written here is the hard core truth. DONT DO IT - No matter how desperate I did and it was the biggest mistake of my life. Compensation and Benefits can be changed on a whim - what is promised is never true - "summer Fridays - were promised where we can leave at 3:30 - and well that never happened. 401K is no match from company - so you invest because you are put in automatically and the company doesn't even give you 1%.

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter

"GET EXPERIENCE AND RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Repairs in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Repairs in Melville, NY

I worked at Bouchard Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will be given a crazy amount of responsibility and authority...........Great Pay and Bonuses

Cons

Where to start: CEO is absolutely crazy! I worked in HQ for 8 months, during that time I watched 23 people get fired. If you interview look around, no one will have any personal items that they cant carry out with them. YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY WORK LIFE BALANCE. It was expected to work in 10+ hour days and Morty even had us coming in the office on saturday and sunday in case someone called that needed to get a repair even though we were on call with company phones. Also if he got pissed at you and you were traveling he would leave you there and not book a flight home. This happened from time to time. He rotated who he would be pissed at and as long as it was not your turn it was funny. Once you got it then you prayed something happened else where or he would get you to quit or be fired.

Advice to Management

go play golf more, the office is a happier place