BounceX Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Ryan Urban

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Business, technology, and digital marketing industry" (in 9 reviews)

• "Great people - great perks - great culture" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance does not exist" (in 10 reviews)

• "There's a lot of work to be done" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Excellent experience"

I have been working at BounceX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Lovely people to work with. Everyone is open to any questions you may have.
    2. Benefits are top-notch.
    3. Perks, including food, drink, and fun company outings, are A+.
    4. Exciting time in the growth stage, considering we're gearing up for IPO and working out the kinks related to scaling
    5. Very interesting products and software that we get to work with.
    6. The CEO is down-to-earth and knows how to have fun. Has a great head on his shoulders. You can tell he loves the company. Gives great food for thought whenever you get to hear him speak.
    7. Incredible management. Every manager I've worked with so far has been very open to suggestions and clearing up any confusions I had.

Cons

Came in expecting a kind of snobbish corporate culture, so I went out and bought business casual attire for the gig. Was told a couple days in to relax and enjoy myself. I guess this isn't really a con after all...

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people. Take care of those who stick around. Create opportunities for growth within the company. Make sure people feel well compensated for their efforts.

2. "Manager"

Pros

Great experience with BounceX, very positive

Cons

None to mention as of now

3. "Best place I've ever worked in my life"

I have been working at BounceX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible culture + perks. Kind people and excellent management.

Cons

I don't really have any cons at all

4. "Great Entry Level Development"

I worked at BounceX full-time

Pros

- Great career development opportunities for entry level positions in account management and engineering

- Fun office culture. Open floor plan, stocked beer fridge, regular company and team outings and generally awesome people

- Mid-level management are for the most part quality human beings, and truly care about their employees

Cons

- Executive team is a mess, cannot get on the same page and does not take feedback or criticism well

- Work life balance does not exist. Your coworkers will also be your friends and family (which may be a pro to some)

- To succeed you not only have to put in the work, you also have to put in the face time at the happy hours, company events and after work functions. Which is good if you like to party - not so good if you don't.

Advice to Management

Just sell it already

"BounceX is a great place to learn & grow while also having fun"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Probably the best part of BounceX is the people. Coworkers are amazing and really dedicated, but also are an absolute blast to hang out with
    - Huge opportunities for learning, growth and movement within the company
    - Amazing benefits & perks
    - Incredible office and company culture

Cons

A little packed in the office at the moment because we're growing so fast, but we'll be growing our real estate soon which will take care of that issue.

"This company gets it. I enjoy going to work. What a concept."

Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent hiring process - moved incredibly quickly, didn't waste my time. Special shoutout to Andrada Saitoc and Andrew Green.

Great culture - Management/leadership encourages constructive feedback, work/life balance is great, in-office perks are generous.

Leadership cares about

Cons

Company is experiencing growing pains of a company in hyper-growth mode. New business is coming in at a rate that is tough to keep up with from a product growth standpoint, so resources are often strapped in certain departments to hit deadlines.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what's necessary to retain talent and keep employees happy. Always remember employees are people with their own goals, ambitions, lives and passions.

"Great company"

I have been working at BounceX full-time

Pros

I have not been employed for very long, but everything from the on-boarding to the daily work environment has been far better than imagined.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership.

"The ideal place to work in NYC"

Current Employee - Sales Development in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Development in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Smartest, hardest-working coworkers I've ever had
    - Product that sells itself
    - Unbelievable perks

Cons

- Depending on your role, you might be working more than 8 hours a day

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing -- for 99% of us, this is the best opportunity we've ever had

"Incredible Product, Vision, People & Culture at BounceX"

I worked at BounceX full-time

Pros

Our product drove meaningful new revenue impact for every single one of our clients. We were the powerful new channel they were looking for while all of their other revenue channels were fatiguing. The performance was undeniable due to the extensive team across departments that deeply cared about our clients. From product to design to integration to qa to client success to client solutions to biz dev, it was always clear that we'd do whatever it takes to drive more performance for our clients. We just care more. It wasn't about us, it was about them. I loved this altruism and desire to help others with the biggest challenges they were facing with their digital businesses in arguably the most challenging retail climate in history.

People at every level were given the autonomy and were trusted to solve difficult problems both internally and client facing. It was a culture of proactiveness and assuming responsibility. Your age, gender, race, or level of experience were never an impediment to your voice and your ideas being heard.

The culture was just something else. It felt like a big family. I always felt that I had people that cared about me personally and professionally. I made some of my best friends at BounceX and met some of the most talented people I may ever work with. BounceX cared about my happiness, that I was fulfilled with what I was doing at work, and that I had opportunities to grow and maximize my impact at the company. It was a culture of meritocracy. If you performed well, you didn't need to flaunt your success, it was recognized and rewarded by management. If you were struggling, you were told directly and candidly what you had to do to improve and given resources and time to do so.

People often mention the perks as an important part of the culture...ping pong, unhealthy breakfast, massages, happy hours, company wide retreats and parties. These only added value because they brought all of us closer together. The culture was truly defined by the brilliant, hilarious, and driven employees. Not the perks.

I've seen the company grow from it's early days to a 200+ person premier tech company in NYC. Often, once that happens, you don't feel as aligned with the vision of the company. You feel like you're just a cog in a giant wheel. That was not the case at BounceX. I felt that I always knew the vision for the company and I knew exactly how I was contributing to it. The company fueled this passion and fire to be the greatest company in the history of marketing technology and had a stellar, transparent plan to do so. It was inspiring and contagious. Additionally, regardless of how quickly the company was growing, the executive team and senior management always made themselves available to talk if you asked.

As I begin my new venture, I miss the company, the people, and the culture tremendously. But I'll be sure to incorporate so many of the great things I have learned during my time at BounceX.

Cons

The culture of proactiveness and ability to own opportunities outside of your day-to-day job was awesome, but led to difficulty in finding a healthy work/life balance.

Though the culture was largely a meritocracy, there were instances where people did not have the chance to move up (even if they were qualified) due to politics amongst the executive team.

Career pathing was not very clear across departments, and for middle managers, they often had to fight to create their own career paths (which I actually think is completely fine, but poses a challenge to some).

Advice to Management

Take the time to know your team on a personal level. Really understand their motivations, goals and desires, and then do everything you can to open the appropriate doors for them. Let them flourish and do what they are the best at. This will be optimal for employee happiness and maximizing company performance.

Challenge top performers with problems you think may be above their pay grade. They will surprise you.

Continue to foster passion and fire for the future of BounceX. It has all the right ingredients to be a real disruptor in the marketing tech industry.

Don't forget to have fun along the way and never let go of the humble and caring, yet high-performance, culture you've worked so hard to cultivate.

BounceX Response

Jan 11, 2018 – People Team

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and extensive review! We're happy that even after your time at BounceX has ended, you have great memories and are able to take things you... More

"You are the creator of your own destiny"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In engineering, this company has something for everyone - front-end, back-end, scale and data.

Technology budget is seemingly limitless and the team has good relationships with AWS, GCP and other partners. So most products and initiatives use cutting-edge technology and deployed to a massive scale.

Many products we built are innovative and first in the market. Operations and product management teams are doing a good job running a tight ship.

Other pros: BounceX clients are world's top brands, generous company perks and great culture.

Cons

There are still issues finding balance between product work and client integration work.

A lot of time goes into supporting legacy applications and maintaining backwards compatibility.

While progress has been made, QA, IT, local dev and infrastructure still needs improvements.