BounceX Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Ryan Urban

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Bounce Exchange is a forward-thinking company (in 13 reviews)

• If you have a passion for software or digital marketing, this is the best place to start/grow your career (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance unless you make work your life (in 8 reviews)

• Long hours, office can get messy and loud (in 11 reviews)

1. "Great management, great workplace, great work"

Current Employee - Client Strategy Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Strategy Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Leadership cares about making the company a better place to work
    -The work is stimulating and challenging, and product teams are pushing to innovate, which makes for an exciting environment
    -Generally speaking the company has an excellent relationship with its clientele, making the on-boarding process for new accounts department members often very smooth
    -Offers a 401(k) match program, generous PTO policy, commuter benefits and more
    -The company is clearly on a course to achieve even greater success in martech than it currently enjoys; this is a great time to join the team.

Cons

-Much of the staff is quite young (though not all), and the atmosphere is social, so for some people that may be a disincentive

Advice to Management

Continue to learn from internal feedback, and keep focusing on growing teams around product needs.

"Current BX Employee"

I have been working at BounceX full-time

Pros

Fun place to work, you're able to learn a lot from your managers/co-workers as most of the employees are smart, driven and hard-working

Cons

Getting away from the "bro" mentality that comes with working in tech and the overall lack of diversity

3. "Rewarding. Challenging. Fun."

I have been working at BounceX full-time

Pros

BounceX is a fast-paced and rapidly growing. You're given as much responsibility as you prove you can handle. You get full ownership over your work - no red tape, no bureaucracy.

Culturally, it feels like one big family here. Coworkers are friends inside and outside the office.

Cons

As with any faced-growing company, hours can be long and stressful.

"Growing pains.. but there's potential"

I have been working at BounceX full-time

Pros

- some really great people. I've made great friends from the company that I really cherish
    - lots of snacks, lunches, coffee, drinks, booze
    - team outings/company outings
    - company events (poker nights, hackathons, karaoke nights...)
    - impressive location; heart of NYC
    - challenging work
    - everyone is working very hard

Cons

- like any start-up... undefined processes
    - lots of miscommunication (feedback given indirectly)
    - long work hours (easily leave work around 8-10pm)
    - lots of gossip between teams and within teams
    - poor management (some young managers who have no experience)
    - lack of developed training and high expectations placed
    - very performance-driven so, there's a lot of pressure to meet *standards*
    - slight fear of who you can talk to about your honest feelings regarding the company (don't drink the kool-aid, folks)

Advice to Management

Spend more resources in developing and training employees. As the company grows bigger, you cannot expect people to understand the products and perform according to past experiences with other employees when the company was smaller. There needs to more structured training, real support given to the employees, and maybe more training for managers. BounceX is growing a 'cool' culture but it needs to also be a safe environment for us to feel comfortable sharing good and bad feedback. These are some things that I believe, if fixed, can propel the company way further.

May 5, 2017 – People Operations Manager

Thank you for the feedback. The first pro you mentioned- the people at BounceX - is our #1 priority. We work hard to bring in the best talent (like you) and we want all of our employees to have the... More

5. "Great place to work hard"

I worked at BounceX full-time

Pros

Great people
    Great product
    Excellent benefits
    Career growth oriented

Cons

A lot of work/long days
    No work/life balance

Advice to Management

Look into ways to optimize people's working time, and also look into expanding diversity

May 5, 2017 – People Operations Manager

Thank you for the feedback. Our people are the best part of the company, and we want this to be the best place for them. We constantly try to improve the work/life balance for all of our employees... More

"Definitely not all #1 culture lists."

I have been working at BounceX full-time

Pros

Smart people. Some are nice. Nice office space. Cafeteria in building.

Cons

You have to pretend to buy into all the BX love 100% otherwise you get slowly shut out. Loud bros get further. Lacking management experience and lots of immaturity. Bad communication. People are stretched thin but have to act like they're not.

Like 90% of people come straight out of college or big corporations. They get high on startup hype. It's mostly perks, no substance. No work/life balance unless you make work your life.

Advice to Management

Work/life balance makes long-term happiness. Selling "the hustle" is ok for people fresh out of college who've never known anything else but its also bad management. Manage better, then people don't need to break their backs.

Don't just reward aggressive people. The "culture" when it was a few dudes in one office isn't going to work for 200+ people. One day the company has to grow up.

Apr 5, 2017 – People Operations Manager

Getting feedback like this sucks. Everyone should feel included, happy and invested in what we're all busting our butts to build.

Don't feel shut out or as if there is no work/life balance or... More

"Growing Team"

Current Employee - "Manager In Enterprise" in New York, NY
    Current Employee - "Manager In Enterprise" in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely challenging work, always improving and learning every day, genuinely humble, passionate, hyper intelligent, personable people on every team. This place rocks, seriously. I've worked in both small and large companies (private and public), and the leadership and people we are the real deal. There's a reason why the interview process can be tough and challenging. You will be challenged here. The office environment is especially dynamic, everyone is open to meeting everyone as we grow.

Cons

Can be long hours and there's a lot of opportunity to stay late in the office because you make friends quickly, and end up not leaving the office. Also, we are growing, new hires starting every week, so we're already outgrowing our space... and it gets messy and loud at times. But a good pair of headphones and endless Clorox wipes will do the trick. :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Take any and all feedback to heart. Grow but don't lose sight of people happiness, culture, career development. Continue to reward strong performance and all star employees.

"Unlike any other sales role out there. For the elite of the elite."

Current Employee - Sales/BD in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales/BD in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to work in an extremely intense & collaborative environment where you are working on developing the craft of sales every day, there is no better role.

It's a highly consultative, strategy-based sale that requires becoming an expert in digital marketing and BounceX's technology (which is wayy more complex than it appears from the outside). Being interested in behavioral psychology helps.

Team is really small and everyone is super smart, driven and humble.

Cons

If you're looking for a 9-5 and you don't love to learn and be challenged every day you will be miserable.

Advice to Management

Continue to be as selective in hiring as you have been so far.

"This is not easy, and that's a good thing"

I have been working at BounceX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part about working in Business Development at BounceX is that you will get better at your job every single day. I have worked in BD for a number of years, and only at BounceX have I been continuously challenged and pushed to improve on every aspect of my professional life.

The work perks are great, the people are great, the companies we get to speak to are great, the work is dynamic and exciting, but the best part about working BD at Bounce is that you will never stop improving.

Cons

This job is not easy. This is a complicated product that is creating a new market, so people don't walk in here, go through the motions, and leave at the end of the day with a successful outcome. You need to be ready to work, fail, improve, deal with stress, and eventually get through it all. This is not an easy path, but if you want to get better and have a successful career, this is a great path to take.

10. "Enterprise"

I have been working at BounceX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible product that actually works and is getting better every day. Sharp, talented, intelligent colleagues. Leadership that will push you to get better. The most collaborative sales team I've ever encountered, people are constantly willing to go out of their way to help. #1 fastest growing software company in the US per Inc 5000 & Deloitte. Proud to work here!

Cons

The company is successfully pushing upmarket, so complexity & sales cycles are getting longer. Typical rapidly growing startup problems like not enough conference rooms.