BounceX Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 10, 2018

4.6
Ryan Urban

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Business, technology, and digital marketing industry" (in 9 reviews)

• "Great company culture and employee retention" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance does not exist" (in 10 reviews)

• "There's a lot of work to be done" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Customer Success"

I have been working at BounceX full-time

Pros

-Incredible team of outgoing, hard-working individuals
    -One of the most innovative, caring, humble, and compassionate CEOs I have ever met or spent time with
    -An incredible product
    -Great company culture and employee retention

Cons

-None: keep doing what you are doing

Advice to Management

-Keep hiring great candidates and building a culture where people love coming to work everyday

2. "Growing pains"

I have been working at BounceX full-time

Pros

- Generally flexible schedule when you need it
    - Basic perks of a successful startup
    - Great PTO policies leave policies (from bereavement to marriage and everything in between)
    - CEO is eccentric, but a sincerely kind, loving guy who is genuinely interested in the people at the company

Cons

- Long hours
    - Seemingly internal political games
    - A quality health insurance plan is lacking
    - Senior Leadership/Execs comes off as cold

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on innovating product offerings, but also what it takes to take it to market in an effective way. Hiring more people focused on ensuring the company has what it needs to expand internally/externally without it being a chaotic process will lead to happier people.

Invest in your people

Dec 11, 2018 – HRBP

Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased that you’ve made mention of our extensive leave policies. I'm personally proud to work for a company that understands each employees personal life is... More

"Great Product but leadership issues abound"

I worked at BounceX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has an amazing product and Ryan Urban (CEO) has an amazing vision and passion for the product and the people who work at Bounce. The people working at Bounce are very smart and always have the clients best interest at heart.

Cons

Senior Leadership is non-existent. Almost every department within the organization is led by someone who has little to no leadership or managerial experience. This lack of leadership trickles down to people not feeling like there is room for growth since their managers don't know how to train their teams on how to grow with the company.

There is A LOT of favoritism and people moving up the line who are not qualified for the positions they hold.

More focus should be placed on core values of the company and the amazing work they do rather than the perks that come with working at Bounce.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified people who are necessarily friends of Sr. Leadership and come up with clear, achievable growth plans for your employees. You have a great team there. Do not ignore them

Oct 26, 2018 – HRBP

Thank you for reaching out! Feedback is a really important way for us to continue to improve and grow as a company. It is never easy to hear constructive feedback but we are hopeful that it helps us... More

"Company is in the midst of an identity crisis"

I have been working at BounceX full-time

Pros

Many coworkers are genuinely smart, hardworking, and make coming into work a pleasure.

Company recently raised a round of capital from Battery Ventures, which is a good signal towards future growth.

New office coming soon?

Cons

The company's growth is choked by an outdated platform, over-reliance on manual work/data entry, and lack of investment in employee growth and empowerment. The engineering department is woefully small for a SAAS company.

The company has stagnated severely from a corporate strategy perspective as well. Competitors have reached parity as far as technology goes, and BounceX only gets contracts from its performance guarantee, which limits scalability. The c-suite can't seem to commit to a decision as to where the company is going.

The corporate culture is still pained by clear favoritism driven by the senior leadership. There's a severe lack of women in senior leadership as well, and the company suffers for it. There's very little leadership experience at the company in general. Most teams are dominated by "bro culture".

Compensation is low relative to the industry averages.

Advice to Management

Start acting like a real company. Focus on scalable software and processes and stop chasing after new or limited-impact ideas for a quarter and then abandoning them. Invest heavily in engineering, and develop a corporate strategy that puts us head and shoulders above our competitors, or hire senior leadership who is capable of making those decisions.

Oct 25, 2018 – HRBP

Thanks so much for reaching out with your feedback. While it is always hard to hear constructive criticism, reviews like this help us to get better - and we are always striving to get better.
    To... More

"Great place to grow"

I have been working at BounceX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing group of people
    Inclusive culture, focus on diversity, LBGTQ, and women in tech
    People are humble and constantly helping each other, rather than being cutthroat or competitive
    There's the opportunity to progress your career, get promoted, or switch to other departments if you work hard and prove yourself
    Great place to start a career, and the "BounceU" presentations that are held teach important skills like financial wellness
    The technology is actually impactful and drives real, visible results on client's websites, which is a rewarding thing to be working towards

Cons

Disorganization and chaos in product and engineering departments; however, several hires in the past 6 months have worked on fixing this and now the outlook is a lot better, and also despite this disorganization, the product is now better than ever
    At times, lack of transparency from upper management
    Some clear favoritism from upper management
    Some departments still need to work on figuring out a system of career pathing, so that employees will stay and continue to grow their careers here

Advice to Management

You've done a good job helping the company mature from startup to "real" company; keep focusing on that and don't be afraid of new processes and rules -- they're necessary if we want to join the big leagues

"Excellent experience"

I have been working at BounceX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Lovely people to work with. Everyone is open to any questions you may have.
    2. Benefits are top-notch.
    3. Perks, including food, drink, and fun company outings, are A+.
    4. Exciting time in the growth stage, considering we're gearing up for IPO and working out the kinks related to scaling
    5. Very interesting products and software that we get to work with.
    6. The CEO is down-to-earth and knows how to have fun. Has a great head on his shoulders. You can tell he loves the company. Gives great food for thought whenever you get to hear him speak.
    7. Incredible management. Every manager I've worked with so far has been very open to suggestions and clearing up any confusions I had.

Cons

Came in expecting a kind of snobbish corporate culture, so I went out and bought business casual attire for the gig. Was told a couple days in to relax and enjoy myself. I guess this isn't really a con after all...

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people. Take care of those who stick around. Create opportunities for growth within the company. Make sure people feel well compensated for their efforts.

7. "Manager"

Pros

Great experience with BounceX, very positive

Cons

None to mention as of now

8. "Best place I've ever worked in my life"

I have been working at BounceX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible culture + perks. Kind people and excellent management.

Cons

I don't really have any cons at all

"Great Entry Level Development"

I worked at BounceX full-time

Pros

- Great career development opportunities for entry level positions in account management and engineering

- Fun office culture. Open floor plan, stocked beer fridge, regular company and team outings and generally awesome people

- Mid-level management are for the most part quality human beings, and truly care about their employees

Cons

- Executive team is a mess, cannot get on the same page and does not take feedback or criticism well

- Work life balance does not exist. Your coworkers will also be your friends and family (which may be a pro to some)

- To succeed you not only have to put in the work, you also have to put in the face time at the happy hours, company events and after work functions. Which is good if you like to party - not so good if you don't.

Advice to Management

Just sell it already

"BounceX is a great place to learn & grow while also having fun"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Probably the best part of BounceX is the people. Coworkers are amazing and really dedicated, but also are an absolute blast to hang out with
    - Huge opportunities for learning, growth and movement within the company
    - Amazing benefits & perks
    - Incredible office and company culture

Cons

A little packed in the office at the moment because we're growing so fast, but we'll be growing our real estate soon which will take care of that issue.