BounceX Reviews

Updated May 24, 2020

4.0
BounceX Co-Founder & CEO Ryan Urban (no image)
Ryan Urban
Pros
  • "Bounce Exchange is a forward-thinking company(in 13 reviews)

• "Some genuinely great people work here so it's easy to make friends(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Yes we work hard and sometimes that means long hours but that's simply because a high percentage of people who work here are incredibly driven(in 14 reviews)

• "Work-life balance can be a challenge but, at least for me, the work is exciting enough that I’m happy to dedicate much of my time to BounceX(in 12 reviews)

1. "A truly special place with an amazing culture"

I have been working at BounceX full-time for less than a year

Pros

- So many pros, first being the incredible culture and team. This is the best, healthiest culture I've ever personally been a part of. From the people to the perks, free food/swag, environment, camaraderie (and so much more) it's a pleasure to work here every day. - My colleagues and I love coming to the office (and are sad that we can't be there due to all the COVID19 madness.) During normal operations, we occupy two floors in One World Trade with a stellar view, funky colors / textures / statues / conference room names. We even have one of the largest magic eyes in NYC on our ceiling. The office is called "Wunderland" and it is highly fitting. - Awesome ERGs (from women, LGBT, family support, black, latin, asian, disability -- incredibly supportive place, top down. - The company really feels like something that reflects us and also that we had a hand in creating. Can't wait for our official transition to Wunderkind. - Team leads and colleagues are genuinely kind and care about your wellbeing and professional development. This is really rare in my decade plus years of experience, especially in NYC.

Cons

- if i'm being super picky, the pay/bennies could be better across the board, but I feel that for what all that I'm getting with respect to culture, leadership, professional development opportunities, etc., it's worth it. I have never felt so happy in a workplace.

BounceX2020-04-14
  2. "So far so good but we’ll see"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product Very intelligent people Collaborative and creative atmosphere Great perks Growing industry

Cons

Still some growing pains Very young workforce

BounceX2020-04-19

"Place is crumbling."

1.0

I worked at BounceX full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Office had a nice view.

Cons

All the real leadership left years ago and was never replaced.

BounceX2020-05-02

"Learn what you can and move on"

I worked at BounceX full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really enjoyable coworkers who are generally smart and hardworking. People are dedicated and want to get the job done. HR seems invested but can only do so much. Lots of opportunity due to turnover and lack of senior employees.

Cons

Salaries are below industry average for “tech”, way more investment in sales than product, legacy leadership issues

BounceX2019-11-02
  5. "Great Place for Data Science"

Former Employee - Data Scientist in New York, NY

I worked at BounceX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Large databases make it possible to do interesting data science Innovative work culture, you're free to try a lot of things on your own

Cons

Data Science team is new so if you do not have an entrepreneurial/self-starter mindset, the place will not suit you.

BounceX2019-11-09
  6. "Inclusive workplace"

I have been working at BounceX full-time for more than a year

Pros

BounceX currently has 8 employee resource groups (ERGs): 7 in the NYC office, and 1 in our London office. The ERGs represent various underrepresented communities within BounceX: disability, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, generations, and sexual orientation. It's super cool to witness our ERGs thriving, and partnering with our business and senior leaders to make BounceX a place where all employees belong. We also have an Allyship workshop led by our D&I Lead that provides employees with the language and resources to support colleagues inside and outside of the office.

Cons

We still have work to do fully realize our goal of being the best place to work. Once we are able to provide our leaders with the tools and resources to mitigate bias in decision making, we will be much closer to our goal.

BounceX2019-10-29
  7. "Great Company, Amazing People!"

I have been working at BounceX full-time for less than a year

Pros

BounceX is one of the most amazing places I’ve ever worked. The people who work here are some of the most driven, passionate, and friendliest co-workers I’ve ever had in my life. Everyone is always ready to lend a hand if you’re in need (regardless of being on a different team). The leadership team is also truly invested in everything that goes on in the company which is extremely nice to see. The leadership team is also so welcoming and will have a conversation with you. I’ve always worked in places where you kind of don’t speak to leadership until you’re spoken to but that’s not the case here! The work at BounceX is extremely incredible. Everyone enjoys what they do and everyones ideas and thoughts are taken into consideration, always. People also push themselves to get the best results. I also really love how important employee happiness is to the company. We have wonderful Employee Resource Groups that make our workspace very inclusive. We also have events that bring everyone together.

Cons

I know I, like many others here, struggle with working a lot. I’ve never been required to stay late (my manager often tells me to leave!) I just think that some people just want to work as hard as they can regardless of time. It’s also very easy to lose track of time when you work with such amazing people.

BounceX2019-10-25
  8. "Great engineering team"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at BounceX full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart driven people. Lots of great opportunity. Quiet work area.

Cons

Elevator ride is too long.

BounceX2019-10-22
  9. "Expect to work hard and put in long hours"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at BounceX full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will learn more skills than you thought possible - from client relationship management, to analytics, inner-workings of ESPs and working through contract retention situations. If you're able to put in long hours, work really hard, and continue to learn as you go, you'll do well. It also helps if you love marketing, branding, and the ever-growing world of ecommerce.

Cons

Not suited for all personalities. Need to want to get ahead, constantly vouch for yourself to get recognition, getting promoted / getting a raise is no easy feat and requires a lot of persistence. It's very easy to mess up, so most workers feel stressed and over-worked.

BounceX2019-10-15