KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Bowstring Advisors Reviews

Updated May 19, 2022

Found 8 of over 8 reviews

3.9

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Intern

Great culture, great people

Oct 9, 2019 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are nice, culture seems great

Cons

I don't have any cons

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

High Turnover

May 19, 2022 - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Steady inflow of new transactions

Cons

Culture shifted to rewarding seat time

3. 3.0
    Former Intern

Intern

Mar 2, 2021 - Lead Generation in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros are that they paid well for an internship.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Investment Banking Associate

Jul 30, 2018 - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros: I worked at Bowstring Advisors for 3 years. The most attractive thing about the firm is the culture. The culture is both competitive and yet collaborative. There is a true “open door” policy with the senior bankers who are always willingly to incorporate junior bankers’ thoughts and perspectives on different ways of doing things. Senior management has done an amazing job creating an environment that truly enables junior bankers to grow both professional and personally. As a senior analyst, I was able to run with a lot of M&A transaction deliverables (financial model, due diligence, etc.) which provided me unparallel access to our clients (e.g. CEOs and CFOs of middle market businesses). I have numerous friends at bulge bracket firms and the level of interaction that I get with clients is by far the best compared to my peers. As a junior banker, I had the support and guidance from the senior bankers who truly wanted to see me succeed. Bowstring was committed to my overall professional career advancement and I truly felt like the company was committed and invested in my future.

Cons

Cons: Because Bowstring is a high-growth company there can sometimes be a lack of formal structure regarding analyst training and job placement post matriculation of the analyst two-year program. However, when I initiated conversations with senior bankers, they were eager to help me figure out what I wanted to do next. In fact, one of the bankers went to The Wharton School, which is where I am headed this fall.

5. 5.0

Investment Banking Analyst

Aug 3, 2015 - Investment Banking Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Tightly-knit team that is truly different than any other investment bank - Greater responsibility at the analyst level lead to better deal experience - Lots of team-building events (i.e. happy hours, team outings, etc.) - Analyst hours are better than other Atlanta banks - Not unusual for an analyst to work directly with a MD/Director - Senior team has great pedigree of business school degrees if you seek that option following completion of the analyst program - Niche leaders in staffing and consulting M&A advisory and are aggressively building additional sector coverage - Low analyst/associate turnover - highly differentiated from other investment banks - "Free" parking - hard to find in a city - Firm-wide beach trip for meeting revenue goals

Cons

- Brand recognition (improving) - Too many internal meetings

6. 5.0

Growing Firm, Great Place to Work

Aug 6, 2015 - Investment Banking Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Career opportunities and room for growth/advancement for high performers, smart and friendly co-workers, culture is conducive to learning and professional growth, lots of client interaction and exposure to senior bankers/management at junior level, high volume of deal flow, great friendships between fellow analysts, good compensation and exit opportunities

Cons

As with any investment bank, long hours can be challenging at times, but management is proactive about creating a culture with balance (i.e. happy hours, firm-wide beach trip, golf outings)

7. 1.0

Disappointing

May 10, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great office location in the heart of Buckhead. Small company that could provide opportunity to expand your working knowledge of M&A.

Cons

Unfortunately there is no structure within this company and they have created quite a reputation in the industry as I discovered during my interview process while planning my exit. The company and management team are unethical. The interview process for new hires consisted of drinking and adult entertainment clubs. Management is dishonest about their expectation in terms of working hours. It is not uncommon to work 20 hour days on a regular basis. Vacation is non-existent. The administrative team and analysts are treated very poorly in terms of respect. There is no HR department and zero employee confidentiality. I once witnessed members of the management team mocking the medical issues of an employee with other employees.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Bowstring Advisors - Investment Banking Analyst

Feb 13, 2019 - Investment Banking Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Entrepreneurial culture with tons of momentum to continue growing in the near future

Cons

Tons of M&A experience, but deal sizes are typically on the lower end of the middle market.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews