Box Customer Success Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Box Customer Success Manager Reviews

Updated Apr 6, 2020

Box Co-founder & CEO Aaron Levie
Aaron Levie
  1. "Incredible culture, great product, accomplished company"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Box full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture the best I've ever experienced. Truly wonderful people. Great, scalable processes. Awesome product

Cons

Very big now, not a ton of opportunity to create and own something as it used to be

Box2018-04-24
  2. "Good Company, Colleagues, Product, but Challenging"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Box full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great colleagues, good product relevant in today's climate of cloud content, Management that tries to be available to help, lots of training in GTM, lots of perks including reimbursements to gym, transportation and mobile. Great free food and coffee bar, access to tech as needed.

Cons

We could use more headcount; trying to hit financial goals at the expense of headcount, even when there has been attrition, is quite challenging when balancing numerous accounts & client requests. Customers don't always care what our internal objectives are when they want help.

Box2020-04-06
  3. "Worth it"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Box full-time

Pros

Great people and a great product. You'll have access to a ton of resources to be successful, but it will require focus and it won't just "come" to you - you'll have to jump in, and Box does a fantastic job of recognizing and supporting you when you do. You'll be exposed to all kinds of use-cases and customers, good and bad, that will push you to the next level on a professional, technical, and personal level. Lastly, Aaron is as great of a leader as they come - he's as honest and transparent as you can be when managing a public company.

Cons

It's not easy - understanding the product, aligning it to value based use-cases, engaging with customers, finding the right internal alliance - it's all hard, and can be a challenge if you're remote. The pressure from competitors exacerbates all of this as well. Box is the outright best product on the market but it's also 2x or 3x the cost. We can lose focus sometimes as a result of external pressure but if you have the right attitude and perseverance it will be worth the ride.

Box2020-04-02
  4. "Great company overall, but has trouble executing consistently"

I have been working at Box full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-amazing culture (great work/life balance and Boxers not on your immediate team are generally very approachable) -strong leadership (Aaron Levie, John H, Stephanie C, and Mark W are all exceptional) -Great product — consistently acknowledged by 3rd party research groups as leaders in the cloud content management space

Cons

-GTM teaming is not consistent. It's difficult to align the AE, CSM, and RMs. -Territories not virtualized -Customer engagement model is going through some growing pains

Box2020-02-10

"Don't believe the hype"

I have been working at Box full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food *if* you work in Redwood city

Cons

The company values are aspirational. Once you peel back the layers the company reveals itself as a passive aggressive organization. Rumors and conjecture rule where fact are irrelevant. I needed to take the company to court to get reimbursed for T&E. Box is so anti-Microsoft there appears to be no future for their product line outside of those that don't use OneDrive or Teams. The product doesn't hold up and will not result in company longevity.

Box2019-08-21

"Customer Success"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Box full-time for less than a year

Pros

CEO and Sr. Management seem to care about culture.

Cons

Lack of centralized goals. Major issue with siloed departments which is leading to animosity and frustration between teams, esp in CS and Sales.

Box2017-07-26

"Leadership gaps in Customer Success"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Box full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Box is an amazing company. Being there for a few years there's a lot to celebrate: - great work/life balance -there are a lot of processes in place to make your jobs better/make you more efficient -the company is constantly evolving, which usually means improving - free lunch/dinner - good perks and benefits - although by not means the best for the valley

Cons

Customer Success leadership has definitely taken a turn for the worse. Certain people have been there too long to care, and so they literally do nothing as other veterans RUN out because of bad leadership decisions. Furthermore, CSMs are severely underpaid for the valley.

Box2017-03-29

"I look forward to coming to work everyday - even with a commute from SF"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Box full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that work here are 'All Stars'. They are passionate with a history of success - Success in life, work, and outside activities. It is very motivating to work with people like this. Box as a growing company continues to offer new opportunities to all Boxers. There is constant change, and it is invigorating to look back and see where we were a year ago and where we are today. Box's Women's Network has strong executive support, and it's awesome to see such a strong female voice in a tech company. Mentors are readily found outside of the immediate team. Boxers have been awesome about grabbing a cup of coffee to discuss career options, give insight into what their role is like etc. It is really neat the amount of transparency people are willing to give on their day-to-day job.

Cons

We are exiting our start-up phase and maturing into a enterprise company. Needed infrastructure to support our scaling company has created growing pains, but the overall process has been a huge learning opportunity.

Box2013-10-15

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews